RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 09:12:58 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | RF Generation Podcasts (Moderators: Crabmaster2000, Duke.Togo, wildbil52) | RF Generation Collectorcast Episode 26.5 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Print
Author Topic: RF Generation Collectorcast Episode 26.5  (Read 31261 times)
InvadErGII
CD-i
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #45 on: November 03, 2014, 07:19:40 PM »

Just to confirm, I do indeed have and love Streets of Rage 2. Taiko drums are also acceptable.

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #46 on: November 03, 2014, 08:16:37 PM »

Just to confirm, I do indeed have and love Streets of Rage 2. Taiko drums are also acceptable.

If you didn't love SoR2, I would seriously worry about you.

NeoMagicWarrior
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #47 on: November 03, 2014, 09:41:19 PM »

Taiko drums are also acceptable.

Taiko Drums are a NECESSITY!

Also, great show as always!

samus5678
N-Gage
United States

Stats
« Reply #48 on: November 03, 2014, 09:59:16 PM »

Jeanne D'arc has another name in the US, Joan of Arc.  The game is a fantasy tactical RPG loosely based version of her story. I'm only in chapter 2 of the game and highly recommend it.

There are also a couple podcast apps for android that have the podcast so you don't have to rely on rss feeds for the show, Stitcher and Pocket casts.
InvadErGII
CD-i
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #49 on: November 03, 2014, 11:09:21 PM »

If you didn't love SoR2, I would seriously worry about you.

SoR2 occupied my Saturday afternoons for nearly a year. Certainly no need to worry. Smiley

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #50 on: November 04, 2014, 05:54:33 PM »

There are also a couple podcast apps for android that have the podcast so you don't have to rely on rss feeds for the show, Stitcher and Pocket casts.

Thanks for letting me know. I've never owned an Android device.

Ikariniku
Atari 7800

Stats
« Reply #51 on: November 05, 2014, 05:56:40 PM »

Never thought I'd see a Centurions reference on this board. That is, not until I saw one for Jayce & the Wheeled Warriors or InHumanoids first. Or Spiral Zone.

Hey, that reminds me: does anybody remember this short-lived Saturday morning kidvid gem?

Did someone say Spiral Zone?  One of my favorite themes, even if I didn't watch the cartoon at the time.

I was aware of GoBots and, obviously, the transformers, but the Mighty Orbots flew completely under my radar.  In fact, a lot of my memories of these Saturday morning cartoons is from re-watching them in college on Cartoon Network or with the SciFi club there.  That's where I rediscovered the Centurions and other half-remembered gems, like the Visionaries:

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #52 on: November 05, 2014, 06:28:58 PM »

What about MASK?

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #53 on: November 05, 2014, 09:18:25 PM »

Another obscure 80s show I recalled fondly: Ulysses 31, the space-opera adaptation of Homer's Odyssey.

Ikariniku
Atari 7800

Stats
« Reply #54 on: November 05, 2014, 09:34:00 PM »

This is a perfect time to bring up some excellent covers of cartoon themes that I quite enjoy.  Both of these are by a group called Toehider.  They've done two EPs of cartoon covers.

M.A.S.K.

Ulysses 31

And here's one to grow on.  Who remembers Spartakus and the Sun Beneath the Sea?

Extended opening!

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #55 on: November 05, 2014, 09:45:55 PM »

Speaking of YouTube: my own searches uncovered another under-the-radar show I occasionally caught on Nickelodeon back in the day:

I think it usually came on right after...

Then there was its spin-off series:

And don't forget to take a listen to this Iron Maiden-styled theme to Saber Rider and the Star Sheriffs:

And this relates to small scores HOW? Nothin' like a good thread hijacking, amirite?
Ikariniku
Atari 7800

Stats
« Reply #56 on: November 05, 2014, 09:55:18 PM »

I remember watching Spartakus and the Sun Beneath the Sea and The Mysterious Cities of Gold in a block.  This, unfortunately, caused me to switch the titles of the shows in my memory until the internet came along to correct me.

If I woke up too early for them, that's when I would catch the Danger Mouse and Count Duckula block, with occasional appearances by Bananaman.

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #57 on: November 06, 2014, 12:38:23 AM »

I'm not sure what this thread has degenerated into, but I'm going to keep feeding it:

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #58 on: November 06, 2014, 12:56:47 AM »

I'm not sure what this thread has degenerated into, but I'm going to keep feeding it:

I suppose you have that right... but what about your co-hosts? Are they cool with this?
wildbil52
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #59 on: November 06, 2014, 08:56:34 AM »

I suppose you have that right... but what about your co-hosts? Are they cool with this?

You know what I haven't had in a while?  Fun Dip.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length