RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:35:28 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | Official 2014 NOT-SO-SECRET SANTA thread! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Print
Author Topic: Official 2014 NOT-SO-SECRET SANTA thread!  (Read 30586 times)
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2014, 08:15:28 PM »

Thanks very much for thinking of us, Zag. I'm very sorry to hear about the break in. I hope they catch the jerks and get your things back. Best wishes.

leej07
Sega 32X
United States

Stats
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2014, 08:20:41 PM »

Break ins are terrible. I hope you get your stuff back, mate.

I would be quite happy for Genesis stuff, though! Looking forward to the give away.

Have you played Atari today?

Sega does what Nintendon't.

"I'd buy that for a dollar!" - Smash T.V.

Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2014, 08:50:25 PM »

Sorry to hear, Zag.  Hopefully they can nab those assholes, and get your stuff back, it hurts to lose things, but most of all stuff with sentimental value

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2014, 10:43:54 PM »

wow that really sucks zagnorch, i hope they find your stuff!
bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2014, 12:37:37 AM »

Dude, that is horrible.  Hope the five o gets your stuff back.

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
TheSaintOfPain
Atari 7800
United States

Stats
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2014, 02:39:06 AM »

Sucks to hear, Zag.  I sincerely hope the loser(s) that did it get everything they deserve, and all your stuff gets returned.

Just Take A Look Around And What Do You See?
Pain, Suffering, And Misery.
It's Not The Way The World Was Planned;
It's A Pity You Don't Understand.

--Black Sabbath, "Killing Yourself To Live"
mumboking
Do you feel the heartbeat of the land?
PlayStation
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2014, 04:29:21 AM »

That's definitely not the way to treat the not-so-secret Santa. Sad
I hope you get your stuff back.
calistarwind
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2014, 10:59:02 AM »

You seem like such a generous guy, it is terrible when such bad things happen to such good people. I hope they at least can get back the stuff of sentimental value. Have you checked area pawn shops and the like?
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2014, 05:33:50 PM »

Sorry to hear that.  I hope those bastards get nabbed.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Zagnorch
MAJIN SONIC'S BLOODLUST MUST BE SATED!
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2014, 05:21:33 PM »

UPDATE: I'm pushing the start of this year's Not-So-Secret Santa back one day to Monday, November 17th at 5:00 PM. Oh, and thank you for all the good words of support, everyone.

BTW RF Generation holds its very own Secret Santa every year. Just go here to find out how you can join in:

http://www.rfgeneration.c...m/index.php?topic=14729.0

Disclosure: the 2014 RF Generation Secret Santa is not affiliated with the Not-So-Secret Santa give-away. I am more than happy to promote it, however.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 05:38:32 PM by Zagnorch » Logged
Ikariniku
Atari 7800

Stats
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2014, 05:48:18 PM »

I've never gone from selfishness to shame in such a short period.  Quite the mood whiplash.

You truly are extraordinary, Zagnorch.  In your shoes, I wouldn't have hesitated to declare Christmas canceled.  I would have become a veritable Krampus, distributing nothing but birch branches and chains.

But you persevere with your goodwill.  It's amazing.  I hope you keep us apprised of the situation and don't hesitate to let us know if/how we can help.

Zagnorch
MAJIN SONIC'S BLOODLUST MUST BE SATED!
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2014, 09:05:08 PM »

The Not-So-Secret Santa has become a tradition 'round here, and I'll be damned if I'll let some lowlife criminal f*cknuts ruin it for the greatest internet community I've ever had the honor to be a part of. They have given myself and each other a lot over the last four years I've been here, and I'm only too happy to return the favor.

Most of my fellow RF Gentlemen are reasonably easygoing, and our experts are more than willing to help others out or answer any question you might have in a courteous manner. And while gaming might be serious business, it's not taken too seriously 'round here... just seriously enough. The stereotypical condescending anti-social aspie douchenozzle with a Jupiter-sized sense of unwarranted self-importance who treats everyone like trash 'cuz they might not know every little bit of minutiae about the world of electronic gaming like he does? That kinda guy doesn't last too long around here. And thank Eon for that; otherwise, my involvement on this forum would never have gone beyond lurking.

But don't take my word on how awesome this place is. Just hang around for a little while longer, and you'll see for yourself...

'Late
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2014, 09:11:39 PM »

PREACH IT!

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Ikariniku
Atari 7800

Stats
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2014, 09:17:23 PM »

But don't take my word on how awesome this place is. Just hang around for a little while longer, and you'll see for yourself...

I thought I had seen just how great the community could be, but this is extra great.  It makes me feel like a flinthearted grinch by comparison.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2014, 09:20:02 PM »

I've never gone from selfishness to shame in such a short period.  Quite the mood whiplash.

You truly are extraordinary, Zagnorch.  In your shoes, I wouldn't have hesitated to declare Christmas canceled.  I would have become a veritable Krampus, distributing nothing but birch branches and chains.

But you persevere with your goodwill.  It's amazing.  I hope you keep us apprised of the situation and don't hesitate to let us know if/how we can help.

We're a mysterious sort, and things tend to happen to "help" people on these forums.

I have a few TI-based devices sitting in my house that I've acquired through various means that I've been meaning to offload, and a game that's near and dear to Zagnorch's heart. Maybe I'll finally get around to sending it if he ever put a return address on his packages...

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length