RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:41:25 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | Official 2014 NOT-SO-SECRET SANTA thread! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Print
Author Topic: Official 2014 NOT-SO-SECRET SANTA thread!  (Read 30579 times)
Zagnorch
MAJIN SONIC'S BLOODLUST MUST BE SATED!
Donor
United States

Stats
« on: November 03, 2014, 10:55:52 AM »

UPDATE 11/17: The 2014 Not-So-Secret Santa blog is at...

http://www.rfgeneration.c...-So-Secret-Santa-2909.php

...and will be full-text at 5 PM U.S. Pacific time. I tried to work it for a programmed release, but something weird happened. You know, "technical difficulties." Please bear with me on this...

UPDATE 11/16: Just thought you'd like to know that there will be 13 lots of goodies to claim this year, which is not quite as many as in previous years. For most of the RF Gentlemen I regularly interact with on the boards and in PMs: don't feel bad if you miss out on this, 'cuz I'll likely be sending you a little something anyway.

UPDATE 11/5: I'm pushing the start of this year's Not-So-Secret Santa back one day to Monday, November 17th at 5:00 PM U.S. Pacific Coast Time, mainly 'cuz I have that day off and can be at home to make sure things start off smoothly. Oh, and thank you for all the support, everyone.

UPDATE 11/3: This year's NSSS might be postponed for a week or two. The Zagnorch Ponderosa was broken into earlier today while I was away. It's become a big problem in the area in recent months, according to the county sheriff deputy who checked out the scene.

While none of the NSSS give-away stuff was taken, other things with somewhat significant monetary value and very significant sentimental value were. I am currently doing an inventory of what was pilfered, which will take some time away from prep for the give-away. Just thought you'd like to know.

Hey now, everybody!

I've decided to kick off this year's Not-So-Secret Santa a little earlier than usual. So hold on to your butts, 'cuz on...

Monday, November 17th
5:00 PM U.S. Pacific Coast time

...this year's holiday give-away shall commence! I will post a link to the official 2014 NSSS blog here as soon as it goes live!

The basic the NSSS rules:

-   Just 1 selection per person.
-   The first person to claim the item gets it. First come, first asked for in the blog comment section, first served.

Please note that I'll not have as many lots of stuff to give away this year as I have in the past. However, the fewer lots I am giving away are just bursting with oodles of videogamey goodness. I'm even throwing a mystery gift or two into the mix, and another surprise as well!

All RF Generation members are welcome to take advantage, even international ones. Just be aware that, that unless otherwise noted, all games being given away are NTSC U/C coded for use in machines for the North American market.

As for shipping costs: I’m covering it. Just note that I’m gonna be mailing this stuff out using the cheapest shipping methods possible, so it might be a while before your claim gets to you.

Rules on how to make your claims:

-   Take note of the number of the item in each column you desire (if still available), and...

-   Post your picks in the Not-So-Secret-Santa blog’s comments section.

I’ll then send you a PM informing you of your successful claim, and either requesting your mailing address, or confirming the one I have on file.

Feel free to post any questions about the Give-Away on this thread.

Thank you for your attention, and happy holidays!

xmas
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 06:48:32 PM by Zagnorch » Logged
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2014, 11:20:06 AM »

When people use the phrase "Dirty Santa," they are referring to Zagnorch. Such a great and giving guy. Thanks for doing this again my friend. Cheesy

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2014, 11:36:17 AM »

Hey now,

When people use the phrase "Dirty Santa," they are referring to Zagnorch. Such a great and giving guy. Thanks for doing this again my friend. Cheesy

I already have a few things put aside to send your way. All pinball-related of course.
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2014, 11:44:01 AM »

Hey now,

I already have a few things put aside to send your way. All pinball-related of course.

Interest officially peaked.

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
mumboking
Do you feel the heartbeat of the land?
PlayStation
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2014, 12:31:56 PM »

I wonder if I'll nab anything this time. Wink
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2014, 12:45:17 PM »

Can't wait.

bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2014, 12:50:04 PM »

Squeeee!

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
zcrich01
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2014, 01:29:41 PM »

Since this is my first RF Generation Christmas, I hope I nab something! Gotta be on the lookout.
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2014, 01:49:53 PM »

Since this is my first RF Generation Christmas, I hope I nab something! Gotta be on the lookout.

This is an annual giveaway that the generous, all-powerful Zagnorch puts on due to mere kindness and a need to grow his heart that would surely cease to beat if he doesn't give things away yearly.

[img width=500 height=292]http://memeguy.com/photos/images/and-the-grinchs-heart-grew-three-sizes-that-day-76089.jpg[/img]

You should also know that there is an annual RFGeneration Secret Santa that members participate in yearly. It's a lot of fun and I imagine you should be hearing about it soon.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2014, 03:11:16 PM »

I'll be on the look out!

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
leej07
Sega 32X
United States

Stats
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2014, 03:13:31 PM »

I can't wait! Maybe I can nab some Atari or Genesis stuff!

Have you played Atari today?

Sega does what Nintendon't.

"I'd buy that for a dollar!" - Smash T.V.

zcrich01
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2014, 04:07:06 PM »

This is an annual giveaway that the generous, all-powerful Zagnorch puts on due to mere kindness and a need to grow his heart that would surely cease to beat if he doesn't give things away yearly.

[img width=500 height=292]http://memeguy.com/photos/images/and-the-grinchs-heart-grew-three-sizes-that-day-76089.jpg[/img]

You should also know that there is an annual RFGeneration Secret Santa that members participate in yearly. It's a lot of fun and I imagine you should be hearing about it soon.

Oooh. Well that sure is nice of a mean, old Grinch to do. I'll be on the lookout for the regular Secret Santa
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2014, 05:52:12 PM »

I always seem to forget about this until it is too late. Perhaps this year will be different. Thanks Santa Norch!

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2014, 07:39:32 PM »

UPDATE: This year's NSSS might be postponed for a week or two. The Zagnorch Ponderosa was broken into earlier today while I was away. It's become a big problem in the area in recent months, according to the county sheriff deputy who checked out the scene.

While none of the NSSS give-away stuff was taken, other things with somewhat significant monetary value and very significant sentimental value were. I am currently doing an inventory of what was pilfered, which will take some time away from prep for the give-away. Just thought you'd like to know.

In other news:

I can't wait! Maybe I can nab some Atari or Genesis stuff!

Genesis? Mmmmaybe.

Atari? Highly doubtful.

I always seem to forget about this until it is too late. Perhaps this year will be different. Thanks Santa Norch!

I already have a few things set aside for you and your CollectorCast compatriots. One way or another, you'll not be coming away from this empty handed.
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2014, 07:50:50 PM »

Man....I'm really sorry to hear that Zag. Best of luck on finding out who did it and possibly some recovery.... Sad

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length