RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:12:29 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Gaming Diary: Chapter 3 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 159 Print
Author Topic: The Gaming Diary: Chapter 3  (Read 857688 times)
JSoup
Virtual Boy
United States

Stats
« Reply #840 on: January 24, 2016, 05:29:33 PM »

Aside from picking away at LEGO Chima, Heavensward finally went on sale, so I'm back to Final Fantasy 14 as well.
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #841 on: January 25, 2016, 10:56:33 AM »

LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy (PSP) - Starting Episode VI.

Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #842 on: January 26, 2016, 07:05:31 AM »

Super Mario World (SNES) - Cleared everything up to Ludwig's castle. All of the Star Road points, secret exits, and alternate routes.

Final Fantasy XIII (X360) - I played this for about 6 hours last night and jumped in for another 3 tonight. It has been far too long since I have played an RPG...in fact, I think it has been since our Suikoden playthrough. I heard a lot about people's grievances towards this game, but it is, in my opinion, very well done. As soon as I started playing...I noticed the HD cutscenes and how beautiful they were. I watched my little brother play years ago on his HDTV and I told myself I would wait until I had a better HDTV to play these...but it has been out for a while and I still haven't upgraded from my current HDTV (Which I have had for 12 years now)...so 720p works and still looks amazing anyway. When they started talking about the Fal'cie and junk, I was confused, but then I saw that I could answer a lot of my questions in the datalog within the menus. Additionally, as different as the combat system is, and as hard-headed as I am when it comes to traditional combat styles in RPGs...the system is extremely balanced and provides a good challenge. The game forces you to change your jobs on the fly and actually use items to survive. And I never thought I would find a game that would find a way to make good use of items.

ReddMcKnight
Ace Jago Player
Donor

Stats
« Reply #843 on: January 26, 2016, 09:52:46 AM »

Been playing way too much Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain. It's a very good game, but I can't bring myself to play anything else. Tongue

[img width=300 height=70]https://image.ibb.co/fSULkF/Signature_zpsfvzatdip.png[/img]
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #844 on: January 26, 2016, 04:20:38 PM »

Fallout 4 (X1) - I've been trying to see if there is anything out there before I try to finish the main story. With all of the improvements to the settlements I don't have to worry about caps anymore.

Lego Avengers (X1) - All I need is time to play this...

The Divison (X1) - Beta starts tomorrow.

Tales of Zestiria (PS3) - Another game I need to find time for.

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #845 on: January 27, 2016, 07:08:32 AM »

Final Fantasy XIII (X360) - Finally starting to understand the story a bit and learning about upgrading items. This game is far too linear though...I am just watching the events unfold and controlling the fighting as I walk along a singular path. Not much of a role for me in this "role-playing" game. Still though...it is amazing visually, provides a good challenge, and the story is giving me a reason to continue to play.

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #846 on: January 27, 2016, 05:25:18 PM »

WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2006 (PSP) - Sill working on Challenge mode.

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #847 on: January 28, 2016, 08:06:38 AM »

Fallout 4 (X1) - Most of the game now plays itself. Most of the settlements now produce extra food/water which I sell to the stores in the settlements. As the stores in the settlements keep replenishing ammo, aid, and fusion cores I am ready for anything the Wasteland can throw at me.

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #848 on: January 29, 2016, 12:01:02 PM »

LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy (PSP) - Using Darth Maul is waaay too much fun.

ReddMcKnight
Ace Jago Player
Donor

Stats
« Reply #849 on: January 29, 2016, 04:16:41 PM »

Dream Mix TV World Fighters (Gamecube) (Import)

Here's looking at you Zagnorch. (And other Transformers fans). Smiley

[img width=700 height=420]https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtf1/v/l/t1.0-9/12592189_10206258380879897_9122924417289182078_n.jpg?oh=f240c53a326d4a70bffe0a383c462936&oe=5739F918[/img]

[img width=300 height=70]https://image.ibb.co/fSULkF/Signature_zpsfvzatdip.png[/img]
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #850 on: January 29, 2016, 05:16:30 PM »

Been crazy busy but still managed to get some good gaming logged in before i start my potentially never ending night shifts.

Knocked out a good chunk of Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise. Just need to breed 10 more twins and send off a handful of Pinatas to parties to restore their entries.

Finished Blacklight: Tango Down on the 360. Really never thought i would get this one done but we have a good number of people going for it. I've been in a more or less full lobby of boosters for the last 6 days straight.

Titanfall on 360 - Made it to Gen9 today. I want to try and hit Gen10 to get the final two 0GS achievements before i start work Monday. Even though i have to work sat/sunday night it is looking very likely that i will be able to do so. This gen has much easier requirements than the last.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #851 on: January 30, 2016, 08:12:36 AM »

Beat shovel Knight!  Plague dude is HARD to control!

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #852 on: February 01, 2016, 01:21:21 AM »

That last post should have read "Titanfall on the One"
Finished that today before heading out to work.

After work i got back into Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise. Finished the challenges for sending specific pinatas to parties. Have to send a couple more that don't have specific things linked to them and breed 9 more sets of twins to be done with this.

Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #853 on: February 01, 2016, 06:07:17 PM »

Damn, I lost track of the last week like it was nothing.

Super Mario World (SNES) - Finished this up while my son watched. I never get to play games while my kids are awake, but yesterday must have been a special day. Ha ha

Final Fantasy XIII (X360) - Plowed ahead over the last few nights to chapter 10. I am glad the game is finally opening up. Knowing what a pain grinding for Gil and items was going to be beforehand...I asked my little brother for some help in making it a little quicker since he already played it a couple times. He didn't have a solution to my question, so we stayed up for about 3 hours developing a few mathematical formulas for calculating the amount of EXP to max out each item, the best items for the job based on Gil spent/EXP point ratios, and the easiest way to make sure there isn't too much excess EXP wasted in the process. I think I should power through the hard achievement pretty quickly now compared to the average time.

Make it Rain (WP) - This game is nuts...it amounts to 100,000 swipes of the screen and waiting with the game open for hours at a time, draining battery. My phone doesn't handle the excessive draining well, so I have been forced to balance charging it with leaving the game open, to setting it next to an open window to stay cool and prevent it from crashing as best as I can. I will be happy to be done with this one ASAP.

Doodle God Blitz (WP) - This game is a lot of fun, just like the game before it, but this free-mium crap is getting out of hand. My options are to either use a guide, pay to play, or wait for hours upon hours for my energy to recharge enough to guess another 10-20 elements before waiting again. 4 hours with a guide, at least 60 without. A very fun game ruined by the pay-to-win-quicker scheme.

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #854 on: February 02, 2016, 12:17:38 PM »

Tales of Zestria (PS3) - The story is one I'm sure you've heard before... chosen one has to save the world. The mechanics of the game are very different from any other Tales game... so much that you are bombarded with text about the games mechanics. I would recommend only the most diehard Tales fans play this game.

Lego Avengers (X1) - The models look nice and there are some minor improvements to the game play but ultimately it is another licensed Lego game.

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 159 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length