RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:11:14 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Gaming Diary: Chapter 3 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 159 Print
Author Topic: The Gaming Diary: Chapter 3  (Read 849694 times)
Disposed Hero
Blog Editor
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #75 on: December 09, 2014, 10:14:23 AM »

Still chipping away at both Final Fantasy X HD and Project X Zone.  I like both games, but it was probably a mistake to start both of these at the same time.  I remember my play time in FF X on the PS2 ended up being 80+ hours, so we'll see if it ends up taking me that long to finish it on PS3.  I'm 25-30 hours into it now, and I don't think I'm even close to finishing the main story yet, let alone all the side content that I'll probably do.

Project X Zone is a lot of fun, but the battles tend to drag out after a while.  The game keeps giving you more and more characters to work with, which in turn also forces the game to keep throwing more and more enemies at you.  The game really isn't very difficult at all, it just takes a while to eliminate all of the enemies.  Fortunately I just started a chapter that looks like it may be a lot shorter due to there being fewer enemies on the screen, but this game has a habit of throwing more enemies at you halfway through the chapter, so we'll see.  I'm about 15 hours in and not even half way finished with the game yet, so I can see this one becoming a grind before it's all said and done.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

Silent Scythe
TurboGrafx-16
United States

Stats
« Reply #76 on: December 09, 2014, 03:51:13 PM »

Project X Zone is a lot of fun, but the battles tend to drag out after a while.  The game keeps giving you more and more characters to work with, which in turn also forces the game to keep throwing more and more enemies at you.  The game really isn't very difficult at all, it just takes a while to eliminate all of the enemies.  Fortunately I just started a chapter that looks like it may be a lot shorter due to there being fewer enemies on the screen, but this game has a habit of throwing more enemies at you halfway through the chapter, so we'll see.  I'm about 15 hours in and not even half way finished with the game yet, so I can see this one becoming a grind before it's all said and done.

I felt the same way. Its a little better when your characters unlock their AoE skills and can take out bigger groups of enemies at once though.

Been playing Fire Emblem Awakening and GunVolt. GunVolt is pretty fun, feels a lot like the earlier Mega Man X games.
Disposed Hero
Blog Editor
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #77 on: December 09, 2014, 04:04:34 PM »

Right now only one of my units has an AoE attack, and it really helps.  I can see the battles going a lot quicker once most/all of my units acquire an AoE skill.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #78 on: December 09, 2014, 04:35:52 PM »

007: Quantum of Solace (360) - Loads of multiplayer with the neighbour.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #79 on: December 09, 2014, 11:37:31 PM »

I played 10 iterations of Pac-man tonight thanks to Pac-man Museum.

I'm not entirely sure how i feel about that still...

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #80 on: December 10, 2014, 08:55:32 AM »

Izret your avatar looks like Chef from South Park now.

Silent Scythe
TurboGrafx-16
United States

Stats
« Reply #81 on: December 10, 2014, 03:24:44 PM »

Right now only one of my units has an AoE attack, and it really helps.  I can see the battles going a lot quicker once most/all of my units acquire an AoE skill.
I actually didn't know about them until much later in the game. Needless to say a lot of these missions were like pulling teeth after a while.
Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #82 on: December 10, 2014, 11:33:00 PM »

Earned the last of my money in Kane and Lynch

Got some time in Warface. I earned 2-3k xp today in a few hours. I need to at minimum double that number daily if i want to finish the game before servers go down.

Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #83 on: December 11, 2014, 12:04:21 AM »

Beat Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots this week. I have owned this game for a few years now, and I just got around to finishing it, talk about procrastination. It was a fun game

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #84 on: December 11, 2014, 09:25:56 AM »

Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee (Xbox) - Almost finished now, think I may pick this up when it hits Vita.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #85 on: December 11, 2014, 10:29:36 AM »

Earned the last of my money in Kane and Lynch

Got some time in Warface. I earned 2-3k xp today in a few hours. I need to at minimum double that number daily if i want to finish the game before servers go down.

150k grind... I hope they come through with an XP boost for the holidays.

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #86 on: December 12, 2014, 10:55:28 AM »

Game Room: Lunar Lander (WP) - This is quite addictive, I may check out other Atari classics.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #87 on: December 12, 2014, 11:48:56 PM »

Just beat Scribblenauts Unmasked.  Starting Bioshock now.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #88 on: December 12, 2014, 11:52:15 PM »

Think I'm down to 135k in Warface.

Need about 25 more 3 round sessions in Kane and Lynch.

Multitasked KnL and also played some SnapAttack. Quit right around the million mark. 1.5mil left in that still....

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #89 on: December 13, 2014, 10:53:20 AM »

Rayman Origins (360) - Still one hell of an amazing platformer.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 159 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length