RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:13:25 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Gaming Diary: Chapter 3 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 159 Print
Author Topic: The Gaming Diary: Chapter 3  (Read 849669 times)
Disposed Hero
Blog Editor
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #300 on: February 23, 2015, 09:43:16 AM »

I played through the entirety of The Order: 1886 over the weekend.  Sure, it was short, but it was a fun ride while it lasted.  I highly encourage everyone who is interested in this game to pick it up when it hits the bargain bin.

Other than that, I've been playing .hack Mutation, Danganronpa, and Link's Awakening concurrently for the past week or so, but I haven't really felt like playing anything at all since I finished The Order.  Been playing a little bit of Link's Awakening here and there, but not much else.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #301 on: February 23, 2015, 04:52:23 PM »

similarly over what seemed like a harsh winter

me, just back from a walk in a cloudless sky in t-shirt/jeans...what's winter?

seriously though, that's really awesome Shawn. I love it when games grab hold of you like that, it happened to me with Final Fantasy XIII a couple years ago, and with The Last of Us too, though not nearly as long an experience there. still waiting on that to happen again.
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #302 on: February 23, 2015, 06:53:29 PM »

I really want to play Final Fantasy XIII, to see why so many people hate it, and why others like you and another close buddy of mine adore it.

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #303 on: February 23, 2015, 07:36:51 PM »

My most anticipated game on PS4 will be Fallout 4.
I imagine we will be seeing that at E3 considering Bethesda is actually doing a conference this year.

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #304 on: February 23, 2015, 08:22:21 PM »

I hope they don't screw the lore up anymore.

If they're going to keep going somewhere new I want to see what's going on around the Great Lakes. The Midwest Brotherhood should be strong around there, but so should tribals. There might even be slimy Québécois trying to migrate southwest.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #305 on: February 23, 2015, 09:26:47 PM »

Been awhile since my last update... Haven't played much though.

Make It Rain on the phone. Finished it but 2 achievements glitched and are apparently now unobtainable without either doing a factory reset or getting a new phone.
Every single person who has played the game has run into the same issue but with different achievements. Which is stupid. I hate all things Xbox more and more everyday.

Dead Island JP got finished (might have said that in last post.)

Samurai vs Zombies Defense cleared the first 50 waves and a started running through them again. Each one needs to be completed 99x

Space Invaders Infinity Gene tried a couple times for the no continue clear. Really rusty but if i decide to put this into a regular rotation i should be able to get it. I was getting pretty close to doing it way back when.

Started playing Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare over the weekend. I picked it up awhile back but some friends recently grabbed it so i jumped in to play with them and be social after being MIA for a couple weeks.

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #306 on: February 24, 2015, 03:03:13 PM »

Fable (Xbox) - Being evil feels good.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #307 on: February 24, 2015, 10:47:39 PM »

More PvZ: Garden Warfare.

Really enjoying it. I'm sure once i have to start grinding hundreds of waves for the treasure yeti i won't be though...

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #308 on: February 25, 2015, 03:39:57 PM »

I really want to play Final Fantasy XIII, to see why so many people hate it, and why others like you and another close buddy of mine adore it.

i wouldn't be surprised if most people who hate it stopped playing within the first 10 - 20 hours. the gameplay really is just "press X to win" throughout most of the early game. eventually it requires a lot more fast paced strategy during battles to switch to the right attack mode (paradigm) to fit each situation, and a lot of pre-planning on bosses especially when setting up your party in the menu. i found the gameplay was really mostly about setting up a good team in the menu, and then the battle was more or less automated based on your pre-setup. that's how i liked to look at it, and from that perspective you can get a lot of enjoyment out of it.

you also have to be ok with the game being linear, because it is essentially a hallway through most of the game. i don't think linear is a negative point though, with this game or any other.
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #309 on: February 25, 2015, 07:21:04 PM »

Dark Souls... so much Dark Souls...

MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #310 on: February 25, 2015, 07:35:32 PM »

Been playing, Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light. 5 battles in now.

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
Wempster
Donor
United States
Awards: 2016 RFGen Top Wheelman

WWW Stats
« Reply #311 on: February 25, 2015, 11:15:11 PM »

I finished A Link Between Worlds about 5 min ago.  With this and Link to the Past it's been a very Zelda month for me Smiley
Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #312 on: February 25, 2015, 11:39:34 PM »

I was able to grab a new 3DS XL over the weekend at my local Toys R Us before they sold out of them. I started collecting some 3DS stuff without having a system and now I get to play.

Mario Kart 7 tonight when I go to bed, SSB4 now. All my amiibo level 50 and most all of the special moves unlocked for most of them. Not a single move for Mario though, which I find humorous. Almost got all of the events done (I don't consider it complete until all special reward conditions are done as well). I have all but three spots filled on the bottom five rows of challenges.

Also got a new Windows phone (Nokia Lumia 635) yesterday and have been playing some of the older WP7 stuff. It lets me download both WP7 games and WP8 games and even knows which games I had digital rights to three phones ago, which is awesome because it means I don't have to do it the long way. Still won't let me buy Castlevania though. Sad

JSoup
Virtual Boy
United States

Stats
« Reply #313 on: February 26, 2015, 06:00:11 AM »

Haven't posted in a while. I hate when these forums randomly stop sending me topic updates.

Anyway, aside from lots of WoW, replaying Costume Quest 2, this time on the PS4. If none of you have ever sat down with the Costume Quest games, I highly recommend them.
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #314 on: February 26, 2015, 04:56:56 PM »

Haven't posted in a while. I hate when these forums randomly stop sending me topic updates.

i think there's a limit on the number of emails the site can send out, for any reason
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 159 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length