RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:57:16 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Gaming Diary: Chapter 3 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 159 Print
Author Topic: The Gaming Diary: Chapter 3  (Read 849777 times)
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #330 on: March 02, 2015, 11:55:55 PM »

Started
Elements of Destruction

So far it is a pretty cool game. You control tornadoes, earthquakes and lightening strikes and must destroy things for points.
I'm not very far in but it seems like there is going to be increasingly more strategy involved besides "destroy shit like crazy!" as there are things that attack you and drop your energy reserves as well as "traps" that negate the effects of certain attacks until they are destroyed.

Finished up the "story" mode and got all the gold medals
That unlocked survival. Now i get to do it again. Not care about score and only have to worry about keeping alive and destroying my objectives.

Then i get to do it again in co-op!

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #331 on: March 03, 2015, 11:15:28 AM »

Plants vs. Zombies (Vita) - I find more time to play handhelds nowadays with the kids starting to take up more of the television time these days.

two_scoop_steve
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats
« Reply #332 on: March 03, 2015, 08:30:11 PM »

Grinding gold in Hearthstone.

Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #333 on: March 03, 2015, 08:39:32 PM »

Getting to know my 3DS a little better. Activated streetpass, but nothing happened while I was at work or three stores, so bleh.

Face Raiders - This is actually really amusing to shoot my wife in the mouth with a ping pong ball. ha ha

Mario Kart 7 - Reminding me why I love Mario Kart so much.

Pokemon Shuffle - Sucks only being able to play for 10 min. every two hours without paying, but it is actually really fun.

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #334 on: March 04, 2015, 12:12:26 PM »

Plants vs. Zombies (Vita) - Finished up Adventure mode, now its time for mini-game madness!

Seno
Sega CD
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #335 on: March 04, 2015, 07:39:09 PM »

Being playing loads of Fallout: New Vegas  - I'm enjoying it but something about it just leaves me cold, I'm not sure what it is as I loved Fallout 3.

I feel it's the Mojave. The maze-like landscape of the ruined Washington, D.C. always seemed more interesting to me.

I think that might be it, plus it feels overpopulated compared to the capital wasteland. Anyway still playing Fallout NV but getting a bit bored so I've decided to kill everyone starting with faction leaders so far taken out mr house, Motor-Runner, Caesar, Tabitha and all of the White Glove Society
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #336 on: March 05, 2015, 09:49:02 AM »

Finished one playthrough of Sweet Fuse and much like the discussion of 999, it seems you have to play through it a few times to get at least a good ending. I will some day but for now I put it back on the shelf.

Decided to pull out the DS and after much internal deliberation I'm going to start Atelier Annie. After trying twice and failing to complete Totori I had soured a little on the series, which is a shame as I adored Rorona. I've read that Annie is pretty easy and it'll be cool to try a handheld installment in the series. Plus the cutesy style, upbeat music, pastel colors and island resort setting will get me thinking about Spring. It's coming eventually right?

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #337 on: March 05, 2015, 01:08:59 PM »

After a little over 2 months I decided to pick up a game with the intention of beating it. I started the first Bioshock for PS3, a series that I've been strongly intending to try out for years. I have the first one on PC and would normally prefer that for an FPS, but I own the 2nd and infinite on PS3 so I thought the transition from PC to PS3 would make the 2nd game feel a bit worse than it actually is. I played up until getting to Neptune's Bounty and really enjoy it so far, it's pretty awesome.

From what I gather this game is heavily influenced by the writing of Ayn Rand and it makes me wish I had read her books first. I have a rough idea of her philosophy and i'm seeing a lot of it in this game. I do own a couple of her books so maybe i'll pick one up after I finish what i'm currently reading, the Complete Grimm's Fairy Tales.

Also I'm so happy that I gave System Shock 2 a chance before trying this series, it really is a spiritual precursor to Bioshock in so many ways.
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #338 on: March 05, 2015, 01:12:12 PM »

Anthem - read it.

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #339 on: March 05, 2015, 01:25:04 PM »

Anthem - read it.

Apparently I only have The Fountainhead, thought I had Atlas Shrugged as well but I guess not. I want to pick up more by her and Anthem looks short so that would be a good place to start then.
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #340 on: March 05, 2015, 01:30:52 PM »

I could send you a copy - my wife picks up Ayn Rand books fairly often just to hand out.

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #341 on: March 05, 2015, 01:32:38 PM »

I could send you a copy - my wife picks up Ayn Rand books fairly often just to hand out.

thanks but that's alright, i know i could find it easily locally Smiley i'm in no rush to read it asap, like i said i have another book on the go.
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #342 on: March 05, 2015, 01:38:10 PM »

Alright - I'll put it back on the shelf with the 3 OTHER copies. Tongue

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #343 on: March 06, 2015, 10:26:52 AM »

Ayn Rand is my favorite author, but I have a lot of problems with The Fountainhead. Atlas Shrugged is great but too long to recommend casually. Anthem is cool but very different from her other novels. I think We the Living is very easy to recommend. I loved it, and it isn't too philosophy-heavy. It's just a great story in my opinion.

On a gaming diary kind of note, Atelier Annie is awesome and everything I hoped it would be. I'm playing it at work right now and really stretching my breaks out because I don't want to stop playing.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #344 on: March 07, 2015, 12:34:54 AM »

In a competition to complete a game every day. Last man standing gets 250$

So i sidetracked Elements of Destruction and struggled to find the time during the week but managed to pull through.
Finished:
Day 1: Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare (previously mentioned)
Day 2: Trivial Pursuit Live (previously mentioned)
Day 3: Dead Island (JP) - This was my only "gimme". All i had to do was launch the game to get the achievement for playing a month after starting.
Day 4: Dream Track Nation - Started and finished it. "Physics based racing" game. In reality it was poorly made, bad level design, terrible physics, terrible controls. But still relatively easy.
Day 5: Make It Rain: The Love of Money - Reobtained my last achievement that glitched on my old phone. Required a little effort. Was hoping to finish Tetris Splash but it didn't pan out :-/
Day 6: Wallace & Gromit 1: Fright of the Bees - Lamesauce point & click. Annoying achievement for not missing a shot in a crappy minigame style sequence. Guide was meh
Day 7: Wallace & Gromit 2: The Last Resort - Lamesauce point & click. Poorly worded guide almost caused me to miss an achievement and replay ~half of the game.

Also worked on
Tetris Splash (already mentioned)
Sega Vintage Collection: Toejam & Earl
SnapAttack
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 12:14:11 AM by Izret101 » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 159 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length