RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 11:02:30 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Gaming Diary: Chapter 3 0 Members and 7 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 159 Print
Author Topic: The Gaming Diary: Chapter 3  (Read 850127 times)
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #375 on: March 19, 2015, 01:02:47 PM »

Thank you very much for the recommendations. Out of what you mentioned I have only played The World Ends With You. I also had trouble with the battle system but the music and story have stuck with me long after playing it.

The other games you mentioned have been on my radar so I'll look a little deeper into them. Always wanted to play a Rune Factory (or a Harvest Moon).

In the meantime, I got past the part where Tales of the Tempest was freezing so I'm going to try to ride it out. Despite it being the most hated game in the series, I'm liking it a lot. I may be just enamored with the reality of playing a portable Tales game, but who cares?

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #376 on: March 19, 2015, 06:48:35 PM »

Over the last week

Finished
Sixty Second Shooter Prime - Was a pretty cool twin stick shooter. Don't see why it had to be on "next gen" (i guess it is technically current gen. I'm still behind a gen) as it wasn't by any means a visually stunning game though.

Trivial Pursuit Live - Had already finished the 360 version. So many wrong answers in these games it is sad.

Real Racing 2 - Wrapped this up. Started it because there was a local co-op achievement. Actually looks good for a phone game.

Attack of the Movies 3D - Started this 3 years ago when i was last down visiting Tyn. We got a 4th this time and wrapped up the last bits we needed then helped #4 thru the game. Then we also had a #5 jump on and ran thru for him too. More people finished this game in one day than have probably ever or will in the future.

Monopoly Plus - Another one where i already had the 360 version completed.

Fibbage - This was a TON of fun with a group. Only one person is required to launch the game on the system then everyone plays by logging into the site on their phone/pc/tablet and using the room code and selecting a username, Highly recommended.

Also played:
Snap Attack - Made some progress and got to load it up on Android to get some freebie sync achievements.

Sensible World of Soccer - WOoooo sports.

Bejeweled Live - Got a few hours in while on planes.

Worms Revolution - Still need to play with a bunch of unique tags online.

Kane & Lynch (JP) - Blew through the campaign in a few hours. Ended up with soem fairly insane glitches that the KnL veterans had never seen before. Like police cars flying several stories into the air, enemies not spawning in, NPC team mates dying who were supposed to start alive, NPCs who were supposed to stay alive spawning in across the map, NPCs who were supposed to stay alive allowing you to carry their carcass around instead of reviving them. It was fun.

Project Spark - Fired this up on the One to get a bunch of cross platform achievements unlocked. It was pretty lame how few did compared to how many i had earned. Ended up knocking out a few other ones along the way.

Scott Pilgrim vs The World: The Game - Ended up helping someone run through this. He owned the game but since it and the DLCs were removed from the marketplace he was unable to complete it on his own.

Super Meat Boy - Tyn wanted to see how it was.Pac-Man Kart Rally - Another phone game with local co-op only achievements.

Diner Dash - because i wanted to end my vacation on a low note.

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #377 on: March 20, 2015, 02:31:16 PM »

More Tales of the Tempest.

I've played (and enjoyed) many games that have gotten a ton of hate. I sometimes seek out these types because I get a kick out of reviled titles that aren't that bad, or in some cases are quite good. For a few examples I loved Dragon Age II and Fable III and while I acknowledge that The Last Rebellion is in fact a terrible game I quite enjoyed my time with it.

I cannot, for the life of me, figure out why people hate this game so much. It rocks! It's a portable Tales game. The battle system is cool. Complaints about the menus are way overblown. The story is a little weak and cliched? For shame! This is the first JRPG I have ever played that has that problem!

This game is fine. Bravo to whomever put in the work of translating it. I'm enjoying the hell out of it.  

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #378 on: March 21, 2015, 09:02:07 PM »

Dark Messiah: Might and Magic Elements - Got sucked into helping out people with the online. I had a fair amount of it done already so hopefully i'll be done with the last of it tomorrow.

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #379 on: March 22, 2015, 03:56:05 AM »

Dark Messiah: Might and Magic Elements - Got sucked into helping out people with the online. I had a fair amount of it done already so hopefully i'll be done with the last of it tomorrow.

How is that game? Picked it up a while ago for like two bucks, was hoping for a poor man's Elder Scrolls.

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #380 on: March 22, 2015, 12:42:07 PM »

I haven't played single player.
I've never heard anything good about it but can't confirm.

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #381 on: March 22, 2015, 03:23:01 PM »

The Walking Dead: Season Two - Episode 1 was an awesome start last night, now to wait for the kids to go to sleep so I can start Episode 2 later tonight!

two_scoop_steve
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats
« Reply #382 on: March 22, 2015, 04:20:34 PM »

I've been playing Ziggurat and been watching my daughter play Costume Quest 2 on the Xbox One.

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #383 on: March 22, 2015, 11:03:19 PM »

Finished the online for Dark Messiah: Might and Magic Elements.
I had a jump on it from working with a different group ages ago though so i still have others to get through it.

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #384 on: March 23, 2015, 06:15:52 AM »

Cruising through Tomb Raider and Tales of the Tempest. Enjoying them both very highly.

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #385 on: March 23, 2015, 11:19:25 AM »

Ori & the Blind Forest (PC) - Amazing looking game and from what I've played has good gameplay.

Battlefield Hardline (X1) - No great but not sh*t. Pick it up when it hits $10 or less or just rent it. This primarily a stealth game not a fast paced action game. I love that everyone you arrest falls asleep. Bring back Battlefield Hard Line.

Dead or Alive Last Round (X1): Decent game and worth maybe $10.00 or so but so many pop-ups. This game lets you know when it installs anything. I had over 25 pop up notifications before the install was done.

Sunset Overdrive: I'm getting close to the end and enjoyed the time I've spent with the game.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 11:22:09 AM by Addicted » Logged

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #386 on: March 24, 2015, 07:56:43 AM »

Nexuiz (XBLA) - I don't know why my neighbour picked this to play, there doesn't seem to be much to play nowadays...

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #387 on: March 24, 2015, 01:59:00 PM »

^Was a cool game. Shame it never came back online. Someone bought the license for it. Pretty sure it was the same people who bought Darksiders.

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #388 on: March 25, 2015, 06:41:28 AM »

^Was a cool game. Shame it never came back online. Someone bought the license for it. Pretty sure it was the same people who bought Darksiders.
Then I wonder why Nordic hasn't turned the servers on...

Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #389 on: March 25, 2015, 12:41:41 PM »

Haven't played games in quite some time, I got a stack of PS3 games for Christmas, and I haven't touched half of them.

So now I have started playing Alien: Isolation again. IMO the androids are a whole lot creepier than the Alien creature

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 159 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length