RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 07:38:07 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Gaming Diary: Chapter 3 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 159 Print
Author Topic: The Gaming Diary: Chapter 3  (Read 855482 times)
ReddMcKnight
Ace Jago Player
Donor

Stats
« Reply #540 on: August 19, 2015, 12:52:19 PM »

Last night, while streaming on Twitch, I started a game of Super Donkey Kong (Donkey Kong Country's JP Counterpart) just for fun, ended up finishing the whole thing during the Stream. It was my best run ever for that game I think.

[img width=300 height=70]https://image.ibb.co/fSULkF/Signature_zpsfvzatdip.png[/img]
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #541 on: August 20, 2015, 02:40:08 PM »

Batman Return of the Joker NES - Amazing that this game started off as a tech demo for the Sun FME-7 chip.

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Disposed Hero
Blog Editor
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #542 on: August 20, 2015, 02:51:18 PM »

I finished Batman: Arkham Knight a few days ago.  I really wanted to get 100% in that game so I could get the 'true' ending, but I'm not hunting down 250 Riddler trophies.  I don't know why they felt the need to put that many in the game, and then make it a requirement for the best ending.  It's just superfluous padding for the sake of padding.

I was playing Race The Sun and really enjoying it, but I hit the max level (25) and can't progress anymore, so I don't feel compelled to keep playing it.

I started Monstania, a Super Famicom RPG that never made it to North America.  It's interesting, but not very good I'm afraid.  I'll finish it since it's supposed to only be a few hours long, but there are way better offerings on the SNES and SFC.

And I played about an hour of Deadpool a couple of days ago.  It's probably the best PS2/Xbox action game we never got.  It's a shame that it didn't come out until PS3/X360.  Gameplay-wise, it feels extremely dated.

Gamer4Lyfe
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #543 on: August 20, 2015, 03:00:47 PM »

@Redd - I followed you on twitch.tv I also stream, feel free to watch my streams if you can
ReddMcKnight
Ace Jago Player
Donor

Stats
« Reply #544 on: August 20, 2015, 05:04:53 PM »

@Redd - I followed you on twitch.tv I also stream, feel free to watch my streams if you can

I'll follow you too. Thanks! Cheesy

Also, sorry if you got a lot of E-Mails today saying I'm going live on and off. I've been testing a new setup all day long. :/

[img width=300 height=70]https://image.ibb.co/fSULkF/Signature_zpsfvzatdip.png[/img]
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #545 on: August 21, 2015, 02:56:25 PM »

[img width=610 height=343]http://media1.gameinformer.com/filestorage/CommunityServer.Components.SiteFiles/imagefeed/featured/Harebrained-Schemes/shadowrun/Hong-Kong/ShadowrunHKAnn-610.jpg[/img]

Harebrained does not disappoint, easily one of the best devs that's been using Kickstarter.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #546 on: August 21, 2015, 07:29:35 PM »

I finished up Dark Souls on PS3 last night.
[img width=700 height=525]http://i1023.photobucket.com/albums/af356/jackcrow2000/C4EBF2FC-4475-4633-A7A7-8FC43A284DE2_zps1u9nb6ys.jpg[/img]

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #547 on: August 22, 2015, 02:21:43 AM »

Mostly:
Beach Buggy Racing - Fun, surprisingly challenging, much better game than i was expecting.
MKX - almost done with all the offline stuff. Not ready to head online and get annihilated.
Octodad: Dadliest Catch - Review in the works.

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #548 on: August 22, 2015, 12:21:02 PM »

More Hong Kong.

[img width=700 height=393]http://i.imgur.com/dHa7RO2.jpg[/img]

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #549 on: August 22, 2015, 02:47:04 PM »

About halfway through Spec-Ops: The Line. Hoping to finish it before tomorrow afternoon when Steven and I will be recording our PlayCast segment on it.

JSoup
Virtual Boy
United States

Stats
« Reply #550 on: August 22, 2015, 08:06:29 PM »

Guacamelee Super Turbo Championship Edition is a great game and I'm reminded of it every time I play it. But the areas added specifically for this version are for the birds.
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #551 on: August 23, 2015, 01:38:40 AM »

Started the online in MKX
Project Spark - ugh
Beach Buggy Racing
Octodad

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #552 on: August 23, 2015, 12:10:47 PM »

Destiny
Real Racing 2 (WP)
Glow Artisan (WP)

...level 33, still have never played a single Raid in Destiny.

Ikariniku
Atari 7800

Stats
« Reply #553 on: August 23, 2015, 06:13:26 PM »

Been playing a lot (A LOT) of Sword Master for the NES.  I've really been enjoying it since I noodled out some of its secrets.

On a hardware note, I figured out how to split the composite video out signal from my NES with the parts I had on hand, so I've been playing Sword Master, one of the finest looking NES games, on a color TV and a B&W TV simultaneously.  It's been very interesting, especially as retro game video fidelity is all the rage to talk/think about these days.

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #554 on: August 23, 2015, 06:52:59 PM »

[img width=700 height=393]https://i.imgur.com/sfXewef.jpg[/img]

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 159 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length