RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:36:36 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Gaming Diary: Chapter 3 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 159 Print
Author Topic: The Gaming Diary: Chapter 3  (Read 856594 times)
Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #975 on: April 07, 2016, 07:01:25 PM »

Had no time at all for games over the last three days, and my opponent went up on me 6-0. I think my only chance might be to play DMC4 and get the two of those since they require beating the game completely and then doing a bonus mode. 6-2 now after playing last night for a bit.

Yaris (XBLA) - played with my little bro and got pretty frustrated until we powered through to stage 7 individually to unlock them in multiplayer, then we found a glitch for unlimited coins and didn't have any problems completing the game after that. Ha ha We weren't even going for the million coins achievement either, I just needed to beat the game in one sitting, but it felt really cool to find a glitch without having known about it prior. Got 6 achievements total, and the 2 I needed for beating the stage 4 boss and for completing the game in one sitting with full shields at the end of the final stage we played.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #976 on: April 07, 2016, 07:14:47 PM »

Let me guess - ran into the edge of the geometry on accident and got stuck?

Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #977 on: April 08, 2016, 05:35:16 AM »

Yup. Ha ha During one of the spirals I got stuck and started button mashing to try to escape and starting racking up coins as a result.

Down 8-2 now, and my opponent boosted an online 4-player achievement I will definitely not get, so I think I might lose this one.

Marvel: Ultimate Alliance (X360) - Played through the Comic Missions to try to unlock Sliver Surfer and got stuck on Storm before realizing I could drive the bumper cars at the end of the stage...I must have died 15 times before realizing it. Not the best use of my time being down 6 points late in the matchup...

Devil May Cry 4 (X360) - Tried playing a little to see if I could blast through it quickly, but only got about 5 missions in before getting bored of it. I might power through it tomorrow since I am pretty confident my opponent will not play this game through for the two achievements we need.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #978 on: April 08, 2016, 09:21:44 AM »

Still playing Miracle Warriors.  Got some more grinding to do but I enjoy it for a very early RPG.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #979 on: April 08, 2016, 09:57:12 AM »

Star Wars: Battlefront II (PSP) - Playing as the Rebels now, then go through the campaign on Hard for the completion.

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #980 on: April 10, 2016, 08:43:19 AM »

Rock Band Unplugged (PSP) - Some of these songs are going to suck on Expert, especially anything Blink-182/Motorhead/Rush etc.

Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #981 on: April 10, 2016, 03:27:48 PM »

3-9 is the score at the time of this posting, 12 hours left in the matchup.

Devil May Cry 4 (X360) - I freakin' beat the game on Devil Hunter mode! I know it is the 2nd least difficult of the 6 difficulties the game comes with, but I am still proud of myself for powering through that beast. Normal is a cake-walk, and Devil Hunter steps it up 3-4 fold in difficulty from there, so it is a bit of an accomplishment for someone with little experience with combo-making, which I HAD to do to beat it on this difficulty. Now that I have unlocked the bloody palace, I can get the two achievements tied to this game that I need for my matchup, and although I know my opponent doesn't have the time to match these achievements...he already has two himself that I cannot obtain in the time left...and one of them gives him enough points for the tiebreaker if that should happen...but it was fun to play some old games, and that is good enough for me if I lose.

two_scoop_steve
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats
« Reply #982 on: April 10, 2016, 08:28:37 PM »

Picked up a PS4 today so I started to play Bloodborne. Pretty impressive game.

Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #983 on: April 11, 2016, 12:50:01 PM »

Pretty epic run at the end to try to catch my opponent. 8-10 was the final score. I might have caught him if my 360 hadn't froze twice while I was grinding out the 100 arcade wins achievement in Marvel: UA, but such is the circumstance. Now I can focus on the GTASC completely as well as my end of year goals.

Devil May Cry 4 (X360) - Bloody Palace mode is evil. Not only is it your traditional "100 level" dungeon, but it is also timed with bonuses for ending levels damage free. I got to level 20, but the fight at that level is Belial (I think that is his name, the fire centaur), and I was not ready for that to come out of nowhere. I got the complete 10 levels achievement, though. And that was the one I needed. I will definitely be playing this one again to beat it on Human mode and to unlock more orbs and souls. I won't get super far, but learning the timing on Nero's combos has me yearning for more...maybe I will do a little better now at Mortal Kombat and other fighters like it.

Feeding Frenzy (XBLA) - Worked my way to 1000 sharks and got the ranking achievement as a bonus. I should be able to complete the game depending on how difficult time attack mode is now that I have already ground my way towards the rest of the achievements I need.

Marvel: Ultimate Alliance (X360) - Unlocked silver surfer by completing the final comic mission I needed, also got 100 arcade wins and 4000 kills. Just a few achievements left to complete this one.

Command & Conquer 3 (X360) - Unlocked an achievement for pressing "A" 2047 times...it would have been a lot cooler to unlock that as a secret achievement through normal gameplay instead of grinding it. But that is just the way it happened for me.

Rabbids Big Bang (WP) - FINALLY!!!! I completed this title by earning 3 stars on all levels, including the new, super difficult ones that came after the title update. It was worth 36 GamerScore, and I HATED having a GS ending in anything other than a 0 or 5, so this completion means even more to me. I still wish I had played it before the title update, though...it would have been done forever ago, and I wouldn't have had to sink so much time into retrying the same missions over and over again.

JSoup
Virtual Boy
United States

Stats
« Reply #984 on: April 11, 2016, 05:32:27 PM »

Was hoping to start the new Ratchet & Clank today, as Amazon normally gets me day one releases a day early for some reason. Days not over yet, but we're past the point where I normally get UPS deliveries in this area (outside of December).
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #985 on: April 13, 2016, 08:38:08 AM »

Puzzle by Nikoli X Sudoku (Win 10) - Doesn't seem to have a problem thankfully like most people. the touchscreen is responsive.

MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #986 on: April 13, 2016, 08:43:55 AM »

Rock Band Unplugged (PSP) - Some of these songs are going to suck on Expert, especially anything Blink-182/Motorhead/Rush etc.

I got this recently and played through part of the tutorial.  I think it will be a challenge, even on the easier modes.  I'm hoping the library of songs doesn't lean too far in the early 2000's radio rock category, and there's plenty of classic stuff in the mix like with earlier Guitar Hero games.

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #987 on: April 13, 2016, 12:37:09 PM »

I got this recently and played through part of the tutorial.  I think it will be a challenge, even on the easier modes.  I'm hoping the library of songs doesn't lean too far in the early 2000's radio rock category, and there's plenty of classic stuff in the mix like with earlier Guitar Hero games.
No, there is pretty decent mix dating back to the 70's. And more songs to download through PSN Wink

Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #988 on: April 13, 2016, 02:43:30 PM »

Back to playing by my own direction...Gaming is so much easier when you are told what to play instead of staring at the collection wondering what to play next...Ha ha

Soul Calibur V (X360) - The last game I need to complete for a finished set of all 4 Soul Calibur titles on the Xbox. I completed all of the miscellaneous achievements within the menus and even found a good mix of players still online at 1 in the morning. Thank goodness for fans of the series and a worldwide audience. Ha ha I did pretty well online to start, but when I noticed an achievement for getting 10 wins as Ezio and started to use him...I just couldn't win. Ha ha I also beat Izret's Leaderboard arcade score by about a full minute to snag the "Beat a rival's arcade time" achievement, completed arcade mode on hard, and completed the arcade mode following the path through Asia. Just a little more work online to get up to 50 wins and 100 matches played, starting and getting through the story, and completing a lot of miscellaneous achievements for guard impacts, ring outs, etc...and this one should be done in just a few sessions...but finding people playing ranked matches seems to be more difficult than casual players.

NEXT EVENING EDIT:

Yaris (XBLA) - No reason to keep the final couple achievements on hold now that I have been eliminated, so my little bro and I boosted the million coins and let me win a ranked match so we could be done with this one.

Marvel: Ultimate Alliance (X360) - Got an achievement for having Dr. Doom speak with himself towards the end of the story mode. Now I just need to finish another 3 comic missions with a gold ranking and toss some more enemies off ledges and I will be done with this title as well.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 03:22:02 AM by Boshamp » Logged

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #989 on: April 14, 2016, 08:00:21 AM »

Star Wars: Battlefront II (PSP) - Starting Galactic Conquest on Elite difficulty now.

Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 159 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length