RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:41:05 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Gaming Diary: Chapter 3 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 159 Print
Author Topic: The Gaming Diary: Chapter 3  (Read 856872 times)
Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #990 on: April 15, 2016, 12:44:47 PM »

Been playing Dark Souls 3 past few days and have been streaming live everyday on YouTube. Its been fun so far, the videos are pretty raw. I am dying a lot.

It seems there are more swarms of enemies than before. Which means if you are not dodging, luring and timing attacks correctly death is certain in those situations. I would say the game is more difficult than Dark Souls 2, not sure if reaches Dark Souls 1. Definitely having fun though, because what can I say, I love hard games

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #991 on: April 16, 2016, 10:17:13 AM »

Killzone: Liberation (PSP) - This seems promising so far. I like the twin-stick shooter angle here.

Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #992 on: April 18, 2016, 05:38:52 AM »

Two nights of gaming, all of it was for the same title:

Dead Island Riptide (X360) - Completed the game after about another 8 hours total gameplay. Just had to finish with about 20 more collectables and finishing the storyline. Completing the whole thing in co-op and starting with my save file from the first title in the series was extremely helpful. On to the next game...probably more Soul Cal V or FFXIII.

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #993 on: April 18, 2016, 08:01:20 AM »

Quantum Break (X1) - A good game with some minor flaws. It's worth a rental. I don't want to say much as the story is 90% of this game.

Dark Souls 3 (X1) - Just started.

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #994 on: April 18, 2016, 10:56:27 PM »

Thanks to the UHH (Ultimate Head to Head) on TA i have popped in some old games briefly and had limited success.
I put a few minutes into Castlevania: SotN.
30ish in Sonic Adventure
Currently working thru Blade Kitten.

I have a feeling i will be getting eliminated in week one tho. My opponent had the jump on me from day 1 and i have actually sort of competed against him before lol

I think this was my last post in here.... I got eliminated in week one....

I ended up starting Dungeon Fighter Live on the 360. My Irish friends drove me to it was a decent change of pace. Shame the game wasn't more fun tho. I remember liking Sacred Citadel more. Waiting on one more person to hit level 20 so a group of 4 can run thru and get my final achievements.

Also decided to tackle Bejeweled 2 again which has been the bane of my existence for years. All i have left is ~250 hyper cubes now after recompleting several modes again. This game will be completed this month.

Gems of War before bed every night on the One. I think i am just shy of level 84. I need to hit 100.

Also on the One getting in an hour or 2 of Chivalry here and there with Mango. We wrapped the worst character tonight and started on the quicker ones. I think we are around halfway done time wise now.

Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #995 on: April 19, 2016, 04:38:03 AM »

Tried playing some Charlie Murder with my little bro, but we are stuck at a difficult part and since his wife is due with their first child tomorrow...we decided to keep it on hold until after their baby comes. Ha ha So I turned my attention to SoulCal V.

SoulCalibur V (X360) - I ranked up twice in Ranked play, knocked out the story mode in about an hour, and snagged a couple smaller achievements along the way. I have now completed half of the game, and am getting that much closer to completing this title, and with it, conquering the entire 4 game SoulCalibur series on the Xbox.

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #996 on: April 19, 2016, 08:15:35 AM »

Killzone: Liberation (PSP) - I'm probably missing a good part of the story due to not playing the first game, but still enjoying it.

Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #997 on: April 20, 2016, 04:42:41 PM »

SoulCalibur V (X360) - Ranked up halfway to the point I need to get to and managed to get 10 wins with Ezio for that achievement, so now I can go back to using Xiba (Kilik in most other SC games), and Astaroth when I need to ensure a win. Now that I have ranked up to D5, I need to make sure I win online because losses remove points at this stage in the game. Also started making progress into some of the attack based achievements and quick attack mode. Just 15 achievements to go, and most of them should pass quickly enough, but unless more people get online in Ranked matches, ranking up might take a boosting partner or a lot longer to complete.

Edit: Next day of play

SCV (X360) - Up to 75 matches played and 20 wins with a Rank of D4 now. (Playing as Ezio without practicing a little with him really killed the percentage to start) Also got myself up to 50 ring out victories and 30 guard bursts. 11 achievements to go.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 10:18:41 AM by Boshamp » Logged

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #998 on: April 23, 2016, 12:22:37 PM »

Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+ (Win 10) - Been hankering to play this again.

Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #999 on: April 24, 2016, 02:25:24 AM »

Noticed I was pretty close to a bonus for ending the week with a multiple of 1,000 GS, so I powered through a few MK achievements and one in sonic before crashing for the night.

Mortal Kombat (X360) - Did the training mode and completed a tag attack for 4 achievements total.

Sonic 4 Episode 1 (XBLA) - Sped through Act I of the first world in less than a minute for the last 35GS I needed to make it an even 1,000 for the week. Proud of myself for taking the time to memorize enemy locations to attack them and get the boosts off of them I needed. Ended it in about 50 seconds, so definitely room for error with this achievement.

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1000 on: April 24, 2016, 10:39:34 AM »

Puzzle by Nikoli X Sudoku (Win 10) - Finished the rest of the puzzles this morning.

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #1001 on: April 25, 2016, 08:10:49 AM »

Dark Souls 3 (X1) - My favorite game this year. There are ton of small tweaks that make it a much better experience than Dark Souls 2.

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1002 on: April 26, 2016, 02:41:33 PM »

Still plugging away at Miracle Warriors.  Not a bad 8-bit game.  The map is almost a must!

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1003 on: April 26, 2016, 10:08:27 PM »

007 Legends (Wii U) - Plowing through the Goldfinger story, then played some Team Conflict matches online.

topkek88
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #1004 on: April 26, 2016, 10:09:06 PM »

Lordy lord I've been busy 😅 I've lately been bouncing between StarCraft: Brood War and WarCraft III: Reign of Chaos.

Skyrim has consumed most of my hours, however. In a month I've gone from level 1 to level 62. I have now beat the Dawngaurd, Dragonborn, and main questions. I will consider the game completed when I have all perks in each skill tree.

Currently Playing:
GTA: San Andreas (PS2)
WarCraft III: Reign of Chaos (PC)
StarCraft (PC)
Angry Birds: Seasons (iPod)
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 159 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length