RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:32:15 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Gaming Diary: Chapter 3 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 159 Print
Author Topic: The Gaming Diary: Chapter 3  (Read 849859 times)
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1020 on: April 29, 2016, 05:02:53 PM »

N3 is more fantasy based. DW is actually based off a historical fiction novel (Romance of the Three Kingdoms, which has its own game series that is strategy-based...which also ties in with Nobunaga's Ambition and Kessen...and others...), so they HAVE to be centered around the story in some aspect.

OKAY, SO I HAVE THE TRANSLATED NOVELS, AND MOST OF THE GAMES... They're still fun.  Tongue DW7 and DW8 felt more labored than the previous iterations, and I wasn't a fan of how they changed up some of the characters. I dipped my toes into Three Kingdoms with Nobunaga's Ambition on SNES, and later fell in love with DW2 and 3. My neighbor and I spent 300 hours maxing out every character in DW4.

i was totally getting the historical fiction vibe from DW5, i'll have to read Romance of the Three Kingdoms someday to better understand the character motivations and time period. i feel like the games themselves possibly don't have a lot of story because they expect people to have some knowledge of the source material to fill in the blanks.
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1021 on: April 29, 2016, 05:27:51 PM »

N3 is more fantasy based. DW is actually based off a historical fiction novel (Romance of the Three Kingdoms, which has its own game series that is strategy-based...which also ties in with Nobunaga's Ambition and Kessen...and others...), so they HAVE to be centered around the story in some aspect.
This new DW certainly looks interesting.
http://gematsu.com/2016/0...nasty-warriors-eiketsuden

Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1022 on: April 29, 2016, 07:48:47 PM »

I totally forgot about Kessen! I did play at least some of the first one back in the day, even though I own all three...but I don't have to explain myself...at least not to you guys. Ha ha

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #1023 on: April 29, 2016, 08:21:47 PM »

http://www.amazon.com/gp/...108NBMBKTL&ref=plSrch

This is the version I own. I've had it since high school. I should buy Journey to the West and Outlaws of the Marsh. They're all considered Chinese literary classics, much like Iliad and Odyssey were for Greece. Journey to the West has a huge influence on literature, if you haven't read it yet...

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1024 on: April 30, 2016, 10:54:48 AM »

Star Wars: Battlefront II (PSP) - Finally nearing the end lol

topkek88
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #1025 on: May 02, 2016, 05:04:14 PM »

I've been gorging on Skyrim for a while now, finally reached 63. I've completed the Dragonborn DLC thus I've completed each main quest line.

I've also finished Super Mario Bros. and I'm playing through 2 and the Lost Levels now.

Currently Playing:
GTA: San Andreas (PS2)
WarCraft III: Reign of Chaos (PC)
StarCraft (PC)
Angry Birds: Seasons (iPod)
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1026 on: May 03, 2016, 09:18:30 AM »

Avatar: The Last Airbender - The Burning Earth (360) - Almost at the end I think, my daughter keeps calling the bald kid Charlie Brown lol

Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1027 on: May 03, 2016, 12:20:13 PM »

Avatar: The Last Airbender - The Burning Earth (360) - Almost at the end I think, my daughter keeps calling the bald kid Charlie Brown lol

Wait...there was more than one battle in this game? Wink

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1028 on: May 03, 2016, 04:38:05 PM »

Wait...there was more than one battle in this game? Wink
I guess so, it really just boils down to mashing x/b and one boring cut-scene to the next lol

Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1029 on: May 03, 2016, 05:30:25 PM »

I was making a joke in regards to the achievement list for that title. You can literally get 1000 GS in about 30 seconds during the first battle...which I did to "Complete" the game...and then returned it to Blockbuster shortly after that. Lol

JSoup
Virtual Boy
United States

Stats
« Reply #1030 on: May 03, 2016, 05:56:27 PM »

I was making a joke in regards to the achievement list for that title. You can literally get 1000 GS in about 30 seconds during the first battle...which I did to "Complete" the game...and then returned it to Blockbuster shortly after that. Lol

That was the intention. The game is bad and the easy 1000gs was a quick add by the devs to sell the game.
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1031 on: May 03, 2016, 11:21:14 PM »

It took us 3-4 weeks but we finally finished Chivalry: Medieval Warfare. Takes about 12-15 hours of boosting. At one time that would have taken me 2 days.... sometimes just one.

Closing in on level 96 in Gems of War.

~95 more Hypercubes in Bejeweled 2.

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1032 on: May 04, 2016, 06:28:45 AM »

I knew that Wink I was just dragged into playing it again, and it doesn't get any better after earning all the achievements in that first battle.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1033 on: May 04, 2016, 04:37:05 PM »

Beat Miracle Warriors today.  Woo hoo!  Go vote on what I should play next in this forum.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
JSoup
Virtual Boy
United States

Stats
« Reply #1034 on: May 04, 2016, 05:14:54 PM »

Got all the achievements in Half-Life 2, finally. That was a vastly bigger pain in the ass than I thought it would be.
Off to do the same in Episode One!
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 159 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length