RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:47:09 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Gaming Diary: Chapter 3 0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 159 Print
Author Topic: The Gaming Diary: Chapter 3  (Read 849939 times)
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1035 on: May 04, 2016, 10:50:03 PM »

Patched/launched SW: Battlefront to collect the 4,444 credits for playing on Star Wars day.

Should be able to pass level 97 in Gems of War before i fall asleep. Still not even close on the mythic troop which is sad...
Hopefully i start getting crazy lucky with the treasure chests or next week has a legendary troop on sale and i can pull together enough glory to buy 6 of them (which is A LOT of glory...)

Also the Glory symbol on Gems of War reminds me of the P Wing. Pretty sure at one point it even had a G on it.

Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1036 on: May 05, 2016, 03:47:53 PM »

Call of Duty: Black Ops (X360) - Started the last couple days with a couple easy and fast achievements for the start of the Leap Frog Competition on TA.com. Took care of the first 3 stages, (Even though the third is entirely a backstory cutscene), and will work on finishing the fourth today before taking a break from it to get more difficult achievements to stay in the competition longer.

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1037 on: May 05, 2016, 10:38:09 PM »

I just found out Tynstar snuck* past me in completed games. He is sitting at 645 to my 637 (He also had a several year head start... He will counter with i was a jobless bum for a year or so...)
This makes me very sad.

Should hit level 100 in Gems of War tonight. More likely tomorrow before work. Once that happens i'll be focusing on knocking out a bunch of games in my back log to reclaim my throne.

*According to spellcheck snuck is not a word. According to spellcheck spellcheck is a word tho....

Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1038 on: May 06, 2016, 01:18:58 AM »

Those time consuming grinds are the biggest thing I can think of that would allow him to do it. Going back in the months and looking at our stats shows he has been knocking out tons of quick games while you were grinding Mortal Kombat X, World of Tanks, Project Spark, Gems of War, Titanfall, Roblox, and definitely Blacklight: Tango Down. Get to working on that backlog, Iz! Or don't...my little brother is only a few thousand GS ahead of me...then my sights turn to mr. Shadow Kisuragi...but since his focus is exclusively on the Windows Phone...I could work past him pretty quickly towards the end of the year, then you are next in line. Wink

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #1039 on: May 06, 2016, 08:08:22 AM »

Don't underestimate me (too much). My college work should stop by the end of the year. Then again, I've been completely dissuaded from anything gaming, which is why I focus on my phone.

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1040 on: May 06, 2016, 08:43:41 AM »

Underestimate him all you want. I think he was the first person i passed. Tongue
He's only put up 100k in 6 years.

You are going to have to have at least 1 100k year if you are going to touch me Wink

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #1041 on: May 06, 2016, 08:46:55 AM »

Oh, I meant for boshamp. But, yeah... not that I can't put up the numbers, quite honestly. I can put up 150k in a year. I literally have not sat down at a console for more than an hour since Christmas.

Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1042 on: May 06, 2016, 04:25:15 PM »

But I just got my XBOne (even though the power brick never came on and I am already having to start with the replacement process)...and have only been focusing on my backlog and completion percentages. I have around 450 X360 titles now, and around 75 on the One with GwG...so I definitely could make a decent run considering I have a lot more at my disposal. I probably won't this year since my goals are for catching up on my own backlog, but since you guys have already beaten a lot of the super quick titles for easy points and I haven't, at the very least, closing the gap can definitely happen quickly.

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1043 on: May 10, 2016, 08:46:04 AM »

Finished Bejeweled 2 AND Gems of War!

Killing some time with DigDug on the One before work. Might actually finish that too...

Pam
Blog Writer

WWW Stats
« Reply #1044 on: May 10, 2016, 01:03:31 PM »

Lately I've been interested in games that I can play on my laptop while I watch terrible tv shows. I finished Defender's Quest, which is a fun tower defense game with some RPG elements. I tried Crusader Kings 2 but the UI and tutorial were both really bad and I was not willing to put in the time to learn how to play. So now I'm back on XCOM 2, doing my first Ironman playthrough.  Soldiers being knocked unconscious on missions where an evac is needed are the bane of my existence.

If anyone has suggestions for more PC games that are turn-based or at least don't require constant attention, I'd love to hear them.
ReddMcKnight
Ace Jago Player
Donor

Stats
« Reply #1045 on: May 10, 2016, 01:35:43 PM »

Started Megatagmension for the Vita, which just came out today. It feels a bit more...restricted than Hyperdimension U, but I'll keep playing and we'll see what happens. I love these games. Smiley

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1046 on: May 11, 2016, 02:39:25 PM »

Lately I've been interested in games that I can play on my laptop while I watch terrible tv shows. I finished Defender's Quest, which is a fun tower defense game with some RPG elements. I tried Crusader Kings 2 but the UI and tutorial were both really bad and I was not willing to put in the time to learn how to play. So now I'm back on XCOM 2, doing my first Ironman playthrough.  Soldiers being knocked unconscious on missions where an evac is needed are the bane of my existence.

If anyone has suggestions for more PC games that are turn-based or at least don't require constant attention, I'd love to hear them.

civilization series is an obvious choice
Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1047 on: May 12, 2016, 12:59:46 AM »

Finished Briquid Mini (WP), The Jackbox Party Pack (360) and Dig Dug (One)

Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1048 on: May 12, 2016, 11:58:43 AM »

Pulled away pretty quickly and on your way to the top of the Massachusetts leaderboard. Keep it up!

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1049 on: May 12, 2016, 10:32:31 PM »

I need to double the TA i have (and i think GS) to move from 2nd to 1st in MA
I'll likely hit #2 in Games Played for MA soon. Hell i could take number one in no time if i wanted to...
Closing in on top 15 overall for GS in puzzle games.
4 more WP completions will give me 1st in WP in MA. Just shy of 15th for WP score overall.

Working my way back to top 50 overall for completed games. This and the Under 500 (Formerly the XBLA leaderboard where i am 5th overall) are the two that i chased the most.
Card and Board, Puzzle, Visual Novel and "Special" being other boards i chased.

Putting a little time into Tetriminos. It is basically an easier version of Tetris with some scoring and piece variations. I like it. I'll probably wrap it up soon while fighting the urge to pick up more gem matching games... Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign (and the 360 version) are what i have my eyes on but i'm REALLY trying to hold out for a sale. I'll likely succeed.

Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 159 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length