RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:59:27 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Gaming Diary: Chapter 3 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 159 Print
Author Topic: The Gaming Diary: Chapter 3  (Read 849665 times)
ReddMcKnight
Ace Jago Player
Donor

Stats
« Reply #1065 on: May 18, 2016, 09:57:08 PM »

Ha! How do you like that? Neat. Smiley

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #1066 on: May 19, 2016, 08:18:26 AM »

Turn up the sub woofer and put up the blackout curtains it's time for Doom.

Doom (X1) - This game is a lot of fun but moves much faster than I am accustomed to. I'm looking forward to spending more time playing.

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1067 on: May 19, 2016, 08:46:17 AM »

I've only heard good things about the new Doom.

It actually surprises me.

Finished Project Spark on the One. Can't wait for it to be completely dead and gone forever...
Started and finished SlashDash also.

Maybe Marvel Puzzle Quest again tonight. Might try to wrap up another quick easy game tho.

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #1068 on: May 19, 2016, 08:57:03 AM »

@Izret101: Me too. It's nice to have something that doesn't follow the COD mold. (I realize that Hard Reset and Serious Sam do this as well but nothing pulls everything together  like Doom)

More Doom. I'm starting the new Homefront game this weekend so it will be interesting to see how it compares.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 08:11:16 AM by Addicted » Logged

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1069 on: May 21, 2016, 02:50:21 PM »

Started Super Mario World 2 Yoshi's Island last night, finished the first 2 worlds. other than mario's crying, it's a lot of fun!
Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1070 on: May 22, 2016, 12:20:58 AM »

Been playing Pacman and the Ghostly Adventures on 360 with my son. Mostly letting him go solo. I only helped against a boss on one level. You had to knock out a bosses teeth by reflecting rock balls while avoiding flaming ones.

We've also been playing Blast'em Bunnies here and there.

Slowly plugging away at Killer Instinct again for a contest on TA. I should be able to use other games when i run out of eligible achievements in this.

Been knocking out some of the "quick" One games i've bought over the last several months too. All of them being local couch co-op/vs. stuff: ClusterPuck 99, Dad Beat Dads, SlashDash.
Too tired to see what new to move onto so back to Marvel PuzzleQuest Grin

ReddMcKnight
Ace Jago Player
Donor

Stats
« Reply #1071 on: May 22, 2016, 01:22:10 PM »

Izret, how do you feel about RPGs, specifically, ones like Wizardry? There's a game on the X1 Live Marketplace called Stranger of Sword City you should try if you like that type of game. It will also net you more achievements, since you seem to like them so much.

Turn up the sub woofer and put up the blackout curtains it's time for Doom.

Doom (X1) - This game is a lot of fun but moves much faster than I am accustomed to. I'm looking forward to spending more time playing.

How fast would you say it is on the Xbox One? I've been considering getting it.

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1072 on: May 22, 2016, 03:55:05 PM »

It launched at 20% off, it is one of very few JRPGs ok the One marketplace (AFAIK) and the developer could certainly use Western support.

If you are a fan of JP games I would certainly suggest buying it so potentially more games would get brought over .

Good to hear someone here suggesting it. I've only heard good things about it. I won't be getting it any time soon tho as I wouldn't be playing it any time soon.

ReddMcKnight
Ace Jago Player
Donor

Stats
« Reply #1073 on: May 22, 2016, 05:10:43 PM »

It launched at 20% off, it is one of very few JRPGs ok the One marketplace (AFAIK) and the developer could certainly use Western support.

If you are a fan of JP games I would certainly suggest buying it so potentially more games would get brought over .

Good to hear someone here suggesting it. I've only heard good things about it. I won't be getting it any time soon tho as I wouldn't be playing it any time soon.

I actually bought it a couple of days ago, and it's way better than the last Wizardry title I played (the 8th one). As I understand it, Wizardry was developed here in the US, but the Japanese really liked it and developed several Japan-only Spinoffs of it, and supposedly, the Shin Megami Tensei series took inspiration from it.

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1074 on: May 22, 2016, 10:01:30 PM »

I wrapped up the PS4 version of Dark Souls III tonight. Now for the Xbox One version.

Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #1075 on: May 23, 2016, 09:41:05 AM »

Nice! I am at the end but trying to get the Darkmoon Ring before I move on. Having a lot of trouble being summoned. It seems this is a common problem for everyone. Having fun playing it, though, love the difficulty on this one.

JSoup
Virtual Boy
United States

Stats
« Reply #1076 on: May 23, 2016, 12:40:13 PM »

I forgot how much fun Epic Battle Fantasy 4 is, once you've got the levels.
And I'd like to say I'm going to freaking finish off Type-0 tonight, but Overwatch is going live in just a few hours, so...
Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1077 on: May 29, 2016, 11:31:34 PM »

Finished Pacman and the Ghostly Adventures with my son. We started the second one earlier today. He plowed through most of it while i was at work. I'll probably be replaying the whole thing in the near future because you have to beat gold medal score on each level.

Started and finished Three Fourths Home. I found it to be extremely meh. Like barely not bad levels of meh.

Knocked out story mode for a few more characters in Killer Instinct. Just keeping myself alive in Leap Frog contest. I should be able to use the Aria story to keep me alive tomorrow.

Also FINALLY finished Twins on the phone. I had more almost successful runs than i care to count and at least 2 that didn't because the game failed to log me in Angry
My success tonight was almost snatched from me when the achievement didn't sync and then my phone reset itself a couple minutes later. On a whim i tried loading the leaderboards to force a connection and thankfully it caused the achievement to get picked up by Live. I'm going to have to try that with a couple other games that have given my sync issues. Fingers crossed but not holding out much hope.

Have a feeling Leap Frog will pull me back to Plague Inc soon as i think Killer Instinct is almost out of quick high ratio achievements. Think i'm starting to get to the bottom of the barrel for things i can do without a huge grind and/or great skill and/or kinect space.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 08:50:39 AM by Izret101 » Logged

ReddMcKnight
Ace Jago Player
Donor

Stats
« Reply #1078 on: May 30, 2016, 09:02:35 AM »

Knocked out story mode for a few more characters in Killer Instinct. Just keeping myself alive in Leap Frog contest. I should be able to use the Aria story to keep me alive tomorrow.

If you customize Characters, you should get 1 Achievement per Character. Unless you've already done it, give it a try, assuming this is an Achievement Thing in the first place. Tongue

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1079 on: May 30, 2016, 01:09:12 PM »

Every day I have to unlock an achievement that is .2 TA higher than the last day.

TA points are used to gage the rarity of an achievement. I don't know the exact algorithm but basically it is the number of people who have played the game vs how many have unlocked that achievement. The less people that have it unlocked the higher the ratio.

Some people use it to gage difficulty or time sinks. But as games get older it is less applicable. For example Seriously achievement in Gears of War has a super low ratio now compared to the huge amount of time it takes to earn. Also regional stacks tend to have a lower ratio than their NTSC counterparts because the people who go out of their way get them are more likely to complete them.

You should check out TrueAchievements. IMO ot is the best source as far as hunting goes. Keeps you pretty up to date on new releases, DLC, glitched/unobtainables, and a good source for solutions/walkthrus or co-op partners. They also have sister sites for Steam achievements and Playstation Trophies if you are into those.

Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 159 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length