RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:26:55 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Gaming Diary: Chapter 3 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 159 Print
Author Topic: The Gaming Diary: Chapter 3  (Read 849697 times)
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #1170 on: July 25, 2016, 08:08:32 AM »

More Dark Souls 3 (X1)  - I made it to level 137. I'm adding some magic to my build before moving on to the end of the game.

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #1171 on: July 27, 2016, 05:56:39 AM »

I finally beat Final Fantasy 8, phew! Took me 75 hours. If I were to do it again, I could do it in half the time...I probably wasted 20+ hours on the card minigame alone. Tongue

I spent nearly 6 months on this game (not actual game time, obviously). I really should play some shorter games but instead I always seem to go for the RPG's.
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1172 on: July 27, 2016, 09:35:50 AM »

Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate (Vita) - Combing through Cell Blocks looking for Detective cases.

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1173 on: July 27, 2016, 03:38:28 PM »

I finally beat Final Fantasy 8, phew! Took me 75 hours. If I were to do it again, I could do it in half the time...I probably wasted 20+ hours on the card minigame alone. Tongue

I spent nearly 6 months on this game (not actual game time, obviously). I really should play some shorter games but instead I always seem to go for the RPG's.

so satisfying to finish a game that long though!

myself, i started playing Child of Light on Vita. i was only planning on testing it for half an hour or so, as i do with most of my new games, but it's so good i couldn't put it down. highly recommended, it looks like a 2D platformer but when fighting enemies it plays like a turn based RPG.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 03:40:47 PM by techwizard » Logged
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1174 on: July 27, 2016, 08:41:06 PM »

More Dark Souls 3 (X1)  - I made it to level 137. I'm adding some magic to my build before moving on to the end of the game.

Are you still on NG? I bet you'll crush it at that level. I finished NG++ at 140 without a lot of trouble.

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #1175 on: July 28, 2016, 06:58:23 AM »

@Duke.Togo: Yes. I keep going back to see how high I can make my stats... it's a habit I picked up with Dragon Warrior. I'm raising my intelligence/faith right now so I can try out the different spells/miracles.

I received the new Ghostbusters game from the library yesterday so I'll take a quick break. If the game is as bad as people say I'll be right back to DS3.

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1176 on: July 28, 2016, 07:41:38 AM »

Spider Jack (WP) - This is quite entertaining.

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1177 on: July 29, 2016, 12:29:48 PM »

Daxter (PSP) - For an early psp title, this game has aged quite well. I will have to actually play a Jak & Daxter game in the future.

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1178 on: July 29, 2016, 01:22:12 PM »

@Addicted: I get you. I just started a new character to try a different build. I never used magic much in 3. I really liked the charges based system of the other 2 games. Same with Demon's Souls.

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #1179 on: July 29, 2016, 01:53:14 PM »

@Duke: Playing as a glass cannon was one of the my favorite things about DS2. I'm particularly interested in adding some pyromancy.  I'm still packing away the levels. I'm at 142 now.

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #1180 on: July 30, 2016, 11:47:22 PM »

Ghostbusters (X1) - Do you like having your cars oil changed? This game is just as monotonous and not as fun.

Dark Souls 3 (X1) - Let's make those numbers higher.

ReddMcKnight
Ace Jago Player
Donor

Stats
« Reply #1181 on: July 31, 2016, 03:38:43 AM »

I bought AW: Phoenix Festa for the Vita and have been playing it on the PS TV. It's a great game, but it doesn't seem very long, which means I'm gonna be sad when it ends. Why are the best games always so short? :/

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1182 on: August 01, 2016, 07:31:23 AM »

Daxter (PSP) - I'm coming for ya Jak!

ReddMcKnight
Ace Jago Player
Donor

Stats
« Reply #1183 on: August 01, 2016, 10:18:50 AM »

I bought AW: Phoenix Festa for the Vita and have been playing it on the PS TV. It's a great game, but it doesn't seem very long, which means I'm gonna be sad when it ends. Why are the best games always so short? :/

Like I said yesterday, VERY short game. I clocked in about 3 Hours and 30 Minutes to finish it. And to add insult to injury, this was on hard mode. So sick of great games being way too short. >_<

EDIT: Fortunately, I have another Vita game coming via FedEx on the 3rd (so the tracking says), and I think, but am not entirely sure, that Dark Souls 3 DLC is launching in September.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #1184 on: August 01, 2016, 10:49:13 AM »

You know, I need to watch Asterisk War. I haven't watched much of anything lately, and it was in the middle of the first season when I was watching things.
How was the game?

Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 159 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length