RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:55:08 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Gaming Diary: Chapter 3 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 159 Print
Author Topic: The Gaming Diary: Chapter 3  (Read 849717 times)
Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #1410 on: April 20, 2017, 04:26:25 PM »

Finished up Dark Souls 3 The Ringed City DLC. It was a fantastic way to end the series. I have all the trophies for the game, so I am thinking of going back to the other games and getting all the trophies for those as well. This includes Demon Souls.

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #1411 on: April 24, 2017, 09:18:13 AM »

Yooka Laylee (X1) - Made it to the end. This game reminds me of why I liked and hated 3D platformers.

Dragon's Curse (TG16) - I just started and it's a lot of fun.

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1412 on: April 24, 2017, 11:54:11 AM »

Im working on 2 games, plus I will be adding the community playthough at the beginning of the month.

Dragon Quest 4 (DS) - this game is great, the grinding is not as bad as the NES version.  This let you enjoy the story more.  I have just made it to the Dragon in the sky... so Im getting close to the end I think.

Persona 5 (PS4) - so far so good... but its still early in the game. Worst part is you cant save as much as I would like.  sometimes I want to just play for 10 minutes before work, and there is no way, almost every cut scene is about 30 minutes.

the_wizard_666
Sega 32X
Canada

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1413 on: April 24, 2017, 01:09:02 PM »

Elite Dangerous (XBO) - Been chipping away at a huge run from my adopted home system (Nunus) to Colonia (solely for the achievement...I'm a whore).  Gonna take a break from exploration upon my arrival, spending a bit of time in the populated areas around it, before continuing on to Sagittarius A for another achievement, and then the massive journey back home.  I've been working on this jaunt off and on since January, so it'll be nice to get to a point where I can do something else to mix things up a bit.  Although I have discovered a few cool things along the way, so it's definitely been worthwhile.
douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1414 on: April 26, 2017, 05:44:25 AM »

I was right Dragon Quest 4 done, the last boss.... 7 different forms. Make sure you have lots of MP restore items for your healer

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #1415 on: May 01, 2017, 07:50:48 AM »

Dragon's Curse (TG16) - Made it to the last dragon.

Yooka Laylee (X1) - I'm at the final boss.

Lego City Undercover (X1) - I just started Chapter 7. This has the best story of any of the Lego games.

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1416 on: May 02, 2017, 10:07:30 AM »

Uncharted: Golden Abyss (Vita) - Getting back to this after getting distracted.

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1417 on: May 02, 2017, 06:07:14 PM »

Finished up Dark Souls 3 The Ringed City DLC. It was a fantastic way to end the series. I have all the trophies for the game, so I am thinking of going back to the other games and getting all the trophies for those as well. This includes Demon Souls.

I finished this up myself last night. I kind of cheesed Gael, but at NG+3 I didn't feel too bad about it after whooping Madir. I've got all the trophies/achievements on all the games, and I wish you the best of luck. Demon's Souls was pretty tricky, but it seems like they all usually require going to at least NG++ to complete. I'm hoping to dig into the Nioh DLC tonight if I can.

Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #1418 on: May 06, 2017, 01:24:37 PM »

I finished this up myself last night. I kind of cheesed Gael, but at NG+3 I didn't feel too bad about it after whooping Madir. I've got all the trophies/achievements on all the games, and I wish you the best of luck. Demon's Souls was pretty tricky, but it seems like they all usually require going to at least NG++ to complete. I'm hoping to dig into the Nioh DLC tonight if I can

How did you cheese Gael? I had a lot of fun with the new bosses. Yeah, I am pretty close to all trophies in DSII, the others I believe I have some work to do. I pretty much have to start over on Demon Souls, my save is on another hard drive. I forgot to back it up before changing it out on my PS3. Haven't tried Nioh yet, was also thinking of picking up "The Surge" when it comes out.

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1419 on: May 06, 2017, 06:58:41 PM »

Nioh is amazing, and I highly recommend it for any Souls fan. Must play. If you have to start over in DeS, have fun with it. It's amazing that the servers are still up.

As for Gael:
Spoiler (hover to show)

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1420 on: May 07, 2017, 11:10:31 AM »

Uncharted: Golden Abyss (Vita) - Steadily making progress.

ReddMcKnight
Ace Jago Player
Donor

Stats
« Reply #1421 on: May 07, 2017, 12:53:18 PM »

Nioh is amazing, and I highly recommend it for any Souls fan. Must play. If you have to start over in DeS, have fun with it. It's amazing that the servers are still up.

As for Gael:
Spoiler (hover to show)

Duke, do you play Dark Souls 3 on the Xbox One? I heard it has some major frame-rate issues. Any truth to that?

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1422 on: May 07, 2017, 03:03:49 PM »

Duke, do you play Dark Souls 3 on the Xbox One? I heard it has some major frame-rate issues. Any truth to that?

I have both versions, but have only completed all achievements on PS4. The Xbox One version does have pretty bad frame rate issues in places. Hopefully the Scorpio will fix that when it hits. Until then, it's just rough to play.

Disposed Hero
Blog Editor
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #1423 on: May 09, 2017, 12:39:33 PM »

Persona 5 - I'm probably closing in on the halfway point now.  Great game.  If you've played Persona 4 (and maybe some of the others, I haven't played them myself), then you'll know what to expect with this one.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - I'm also probably around a halfway point in this one.  Well, at least a halfway point for me, since I won't be doing all of the shrines and other side stuff in the game.  I'm really enjoying the game, but I feel like it doesn't quite live up to the hype for me.  I find many of the gameplay mechanics to be frustrating rather than endearing, and they all combine to detract from the game a bit.  It's still a great game regardless of my personal gripes, and I highly recommend it.

Ys: Memories of Celceta - I stopped playing this game because I didn't like it very much.

Resident Evil 7 - I finally started playing this yesterday, but that's about all I did.  Just did the initial walk through the woods to get to the house, but I gotta say, this has to be one of the most beautiful games I've played.  The outdoor area was nearly photo-realistic!  Looking forward to playing more.

Prey - I played the demo for this game last week, and I was intrigued enough to buy the game on release.  I've only played the full game to about the point where the demo ends, but it's a very cool and interesting game so far.  Sort of feels like a mixture of Half-Life, BioShock, and System Shock, and that sounds like a winning combination to me.

Dragon Quest VIII - I started playing this on my 3DS to get my handheld fix.  I'm actually really surprised by how much I'm enjoying this game.  I played through DQ V just a few months ago (the only other DQ game I've played), and I felt like it was just an alright game.  DQ 8 is blowing it away so far.  I never played the original DQ 8 on PS2, but I feel like the 3DS version probably benefited by removing the random encounters.

Also, some time last month I had the brilliant (or insane) idea to start playing almost every new game relatively close to their release in an effort to stay more up to date with all of the new releases, and I'm starting by trying to play every new release from 2017.  To aid in this endeavor, I started a GameFly account and now have For Honor and Mass Effect: Andromeda on deck and will likely start them soon.  I know I'm taking on way too many games at once, but hopefully it won't be so hectic once I get caught up.

Edit:  I also played Double Dragon IV in co-op with a friend.  It was... ok.  Probably worth picking up on sale.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1424 on: May 10, 2017, 08:55:32 PM »

I had fun tonight.

A lot of fun.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 159 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length