RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:48:43 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Gaming Diary: Chapter 3 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 159 Print
Author Topic: The Gaming Diary: Chapter 3  (Read 849662 times)
ReddMcKnight
Ace Jago Player
Donor

Stats
« Reply #1425 on: May 11, 2017, 01:23:40 PM »

Am I good yet?! Am I?!

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1426 on: May 12, 2017, 07:28:36 AM »

Just beat Neutopia for the Turbo Grafx-16!  Crabby would be so proud.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #1427 on: May 13, 2017, 05:06:38 PM »

Nioh is amazing, and I highly recommend it for any Souls fan. Must play. If you have to start over in DeS, have fun with it. It's amazing that the servers are still up.

Yeah, its kinda crazy that the servers are still up. For some reason I could never make sense of the hallowing mechanic. Love the game and pretty much beat it on my own twice because of that. I went back and read about how it works so I think I understand it now.

OatBob
セガ 信者
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1428 on: May 13, 2017, 08:48:07 PM »

Phantasy Star Offline

comfy, PHANTAStic, but a little bit lonely to solo a MMO.

it's thinking
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1429 on: May 13, 2017, 10:10:19 PM »

Nioh is amazing, and I highly recommend it for any Souls fan. Must play. If you have to start over in DeS, have fun with it. It's amazing that the servers are still up.

Yeah, its kinda crazy that the servers are still up. For some reason I could never make sense of the hallowing mechanic. Love the game and pretty much beat it on my own twice because of that. I went back and read about how it works so I think I understand it now.

The whole light/dark thing to each world, plus your tendency makes it a difficult platinum, but you'll get there. If you stick with it. It took me a few characters with different runs/cycles.

ReddMcKnight
Ace Jago Player
Donor

Stats
« Reply #1430 on: May 14, 2017, 01:31:56 PM »

^

You should listen to this guy. He's the Master of Souls. I'm willing to bet that he took down Fume Knight (A boss in Dark Souls 2) in less than 5 tries. Cheesy

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1431 on: May 15, 2017, 06:06:34 PM »

Fume Knight was tough, but he did go down without gigantic issues. Darkeater Midir was a decent challenge. Probably the hardest boss since Vendrick I'd say.

Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #1432 on: May 16, 2017, 12:36:36 AM »

Fume Knight was tough, but he did go down without gigantic issues. Darkeater Midir was a decent challenge. Probably the hardest boss since Vendrick I'd say.

Yeah, I didn't have a huge problem with fume knight either. I agree about the comparison, although the Midir fight has a fun factor to it,  I love to help people beat him. The music is glorious in the Midir fight.

Disposed Hero
Blog Editor
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #1433 on: May 16, 2017, 12:56:44 PM »

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - I finished this game the other day with a total time of around 45 hours or so.  It's a really good game and I definitely enjoyed it, but I don't really see all the hype behind it.  There's a little too much sandbox and not enough quality content if you ask me.  I really missed the dungeons from the previous games, and the shrines and divine beasts didn't really cut it for me.

Persona 5 - Not much new to report.  Last time I posted I was at the beginning of a dungeon, and I'm at the end of the dungeon now.

Prey - I really like this game.  It feels like the developers took a lot of inspiration from other games like Half-Life, BioShock, System Shock, Deus Ex, etc.

Resident Evil 7 - I've got a couple of hours in this game.  Really liking it so far.  The beginning part was really rough on me with the creepiness factor, but I'm feeling a lot more comfortable with it now.

Dragon Quest VIII - I've got a little over 20 hours in this game.  Still really enjoying it.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1434 on: May 24, 2017, 05:52:39 PM »

Just finished Undead Nightmare on PS3, and immediately popped in Resistance Fall of Man (due to it also being a short game), but the don't know if I will be able to play the game; the controller dead zone is massive, and I'm not sure if it is the controller or the game.

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #1435 on: May 24, 2017, 06:16:32 PM »

@Disposed Hero: I'm glad to see someone else is playing Prey. It's one of my favorite games this year.

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Disposed Hero
Blog Editor
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #1436 on: May 24, 2017, 06:43:02 PM »

@Disposed Hero: I'm glad to see someone else is playing Prey. It's one of my favorite games this year.

Same here.  Keep an eye on the front page if you want to hear more Wink

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1437 on: May 24, 2017, 07:25:20 PM »

Just finished Undead Nightmare on PS3, and immediately popped in Resistance Fall of Man (due to it also being a short game), but the don't know if I will be able to play the game; the controller dead zone is massive, and I'm not sure if it is the controller or the game.

i haven't played Fall of Man in years but i don't remember having any dead zone issues...the game is a bit rough though, the 2nd and 3rd games are much better. which is too bad because the first one does setup some of the initial backstory of the series. other than that though, you could almost skip the first game in terms of story, the 2nd one is quite different with only Nathan Hale carried over from the first game (possibly the professor too? i don't remember if he was in the first game or not). the third is again even more different, but it feels more connected to the second game than the second did to the first.
bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1438 on: May 25, 2017, 08:50:20 AM »

i haven't played Fall of Man in years but i don't remember having any dead zone issues...the game is a bit rough though, the 2nd and 3rd games are much better. which is too bad because the first one does setup some of the initial backstory of the series. other than that though, you could almost skip the first game in terms of story, the 2nd one is quite different with only Nathan Hale carried over from the first game (possibly the professor too? i don't remember if he was in the first game or not). the third is again even more different, but it feels more connected to the second game than the second did to the first.

Thanks, tech.  I'm going to try a different controller, but there is a good chance that I'm being a big baby (haven't played dual stick FPS since Halo 2!).

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #1439 on: May 25, 2017, 10:07:30 AM »

@Disposed Hero: Sounds good  Smiley

I was playing Prey last night and encountered a door I needed a key card for. Instead of finding the key card I pulled out the glue gun and make stairs up to the second floor. This allowed me to get the drop on the enemies below and bypass the locked door. I also love that you can restore health by drinking from water fountains and coolers.

Persona 5 (PS3) - I'm ready to find out what everyone else has been talking about.

Injustice 2 (X1) - Just installed but I can't stop playing Prey

Harmful Park (PSX) - A short but fun shooter.

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 159 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length