RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:07:58 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Gaming Diary: Chapter 3 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 159 Print
Author Topic: The Gaming Diary: Chapter 3  (Read 849969 times)
bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1605 on: March 12, 2018, 08:02:07 AM »

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (GB) - Just finished the game, I can't believe I simply gave up on this back in the day. I had a blast with this, easily a 4/5 score from me.

I know, right?  I thought I had to collect all the seashells in order to get into the last dungeon, so after what felt like a hundred hours I quit.  Ah, life before the internet...

Just out of curiosity, did you play the original or the DX version?

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #1606 on: March 12, 2018, 08:19:58 AM »

I finished Transformers: Devastation over the weekend on PS4 for the March play-through, and also have been working on MediEvil Resurrection on PSP off and on while on lunch at work, and at the laundromat, or just here and there between things.  Hoping to get through that game and beat it yet this month.  I'm also hoping to finish the main story in Super Mario Odyssey.  Then I need to decide if I'm going to jump into Xenoblade 2 or Skyrim on Switch...

bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1607 on: March 12, 2018, 10:23:18 AM »

I finished Transformers: Devastation over the weekend on PS4 for the March play-through, and also have been working on MediEvil Resurrection on PSP off and on while on lunch at work, and at the laundromat, or just here and there between things.  Hoping to get through that game and beat it yet this month.  I'm also hoping to finish the main story in Super Mario Odyssey.  Then I need to decide if I'm going to jump into Xenoblade 2 or Skyrim on Switch...

If I may, I would like to suggest Skyrim.  The story may not be up to snuff with Xenoblade 2 (or so others may lead me to believe), but in only one of the games can you get punched into the stratosphere by an angry giant.

Not sure if horse tilting is also still in the game, but that is also entertaining.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 10:26:10 AM by bombatomba » Logged

- Han Solo
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1608 on: March 12, 2018, 02:15:34 PM »

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (GB) - Just finished the game, I can't believe I simply gave up on this back in the day. I had a blast with this, easily a 4/5 score from me.

I know, right?  I thought I had to collect all the seashells in order to get into the last dungeon, so after what felt like a hundred hours I quit.  Ah, life before the internet...

Just out of curiosity, did you play the original or the DX version?
Played the original on my trusty Game Boy Pocket Smiley

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #1609 on: March 12, 2018, 06:18:57 PM »

I started playing Costume Quest. It's great!
Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1610 on: March 12, 2018, 09:55:25 PM »

Costume Quest is a very awesome game! I have the second one as well, but haven't started that one yet. The first was such a breath of fresh, retro air. I deeply appreciate that game.

bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1611 on: March 13, 2018, 06:50:51 AM »

Costume Quest is a very awesome game! I have the second one as well, but haven't started that one yet. The first was such a breath of fresh, retro air. I deeply appreciate that game.

This is good to hear.  I have this game, but I think I might wait until I am done with Just Cause 3.  It seems like I might appreciate it more after a long slog in a modern game.  I think it also helps that it is relatively short.  These days I just don't have the time or stamina to wade through long and/or traditional CRPG/JRPGs anymore.  Xenoblade Chronicles 3D was my last.

Thanks for the recommendation guys.

- Han Solo
MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1612 on: March 13, 2018, 10:19:01 AM »

I finished Transformers: Devastation over the weekend on PS4 for the March play-through, and also have been working on MediEvil Resurrection on PSP off and on while on lunch at work, and at the laundromat, or just here and there between things.  Hoping to get through that game and beat it yet this month.  I'm also hoping to finish the main story in Super Mario Odyssey.  Then I need to decide if I'm going to jump into Xenoblade 2 or Skyrim on Switch...

If I may, I would like to suggest Skyrim.  The story may not be up to snuff with Xenoblade 2 (or so others may lead me to believe), but in only one of the games can you get punched into the stratosphere by an angry giant.

Not sure if horse tilting is also still in the game, but that is also entertaining.

LOL, sounds like a good time Grin

I also jumped back into Super Mario Odyssey last night.  For anyone not following me on Twitter, I ran into some huge frustration with a section in the Luncheon Kingdom, with a side area with platforms that flip 90 degrees at a time.  I spent nearly 45 minutes on that area, and tried many many times to beat it last night, culminating in a loss of nearly 300 coins (from constantly dying).  I did finally manage to get through that area, and get the moon, but holy cow, I hope there aren't that many areas left that are quite that challenging.  I'd hate to have "Rage quit a Mario game" on my list of things I've done.

MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1613 on: March 15, 2018, 12:28:01 AM »

Took a break from Skyrim (needed it) to try out one of my games I haven't played yet. Axiom Verge, got the vote. Digging this one. Very Metroid like, with its own unique twist. Sunk a few hours on my last days off. Hoping to jump back in, next week.

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1614 on: March 15, 2018, 09:20:23 AM »

Took a break from Skyrim (needed it) to try out one of my games I haven't played yet. Axiom Verge, got the vote. Digging this one. Very Metroid like, with its own unique twist. Sunk a few hours on my last days off. Hoping to jump back in, next week.

Glad to hear you're enjoying Axiom Verge - it's definitely a fantastic game, and among my favorites from the last few years.

I finished the main story campaign of Super Mario Odyssey last night.  The fight with Bowser was fun, and an interesting take on the whole magical hat concept.  I think I want to continue with the bonus areas, like the Mushroom Kingdom, but I also really want to move on to something else.  Not because I haven't had fun with the game; I have.  More because my backlog is hopelessly long, and I don't want to dwell too long on any one game, especially since I put nearly 400 hours into Breath of the Wild last year on 2 consecutive play-throughs, and kind of want to do it again this year on Hard Mode, with all the DLC Tongue

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1615 on: March 15, 2018, 10:17:50 AM »

Rocket League (Switch) - Well this has become my new addiction for the past few days lol

Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1616 on: March 15, 2018, 11:10:31 AM »

Rocket League (Switch) - Well this has become my new addiction for the past few days lol

I picked up the collector's edition of this for my son, but we haven't played it because the software update won't download for some reason. We played it at his most recent school dance on the XBone recently and fell in love with it as well, which is why I picked it up.

Disposed Hero
Blog Editor
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #1617 on: March 15, 2018, 11:54:46 AM »

Trails in the Sky the 3rd - I'm very close to the end now and will probably have this wrapped up this weekend if not sooner.  Not my favorite of the trilogy, but still enjoyed it for all its fan service.  It's a little bittersweet to finally end this series and say goodbye to all of these characters.  I guess next up would be Trails of Cold Steel, but I'm not sure if I want to start that yet or play something else for a while.

Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology - This game is in that odd middle-ground for me where I don't dislike it enough to think I should stop playing it, but I don't really like it enough to feel excited about playing it either.  I'll stick it out for the time being and hope it pays off.  All I can say for now is that I really don't see the hype behind this game.

Secret of Mana (Remake) - Still playing this on the weekends with a friend.  Our third party member seems to have dropped out on us, so looks like we'll be finishing this as a duo, which isn't nearly as fun, but it is what it is.

Rise of the Tomb Raider - I finished this about a week ago.  Really enjoyed it, although I'm pretty sure I liked the original rebooted Tomb Raider more.  Looking forward to Shadow of the Tomb Raider this fall!

Akumajou Densetsu - Did a quick playthrough of this since I'm trying to play every Castlevania game at some point this year.  I played the North American Castlevania III last summer and didn't really enjoy it as much as I thought I would.  I did enjoy this playthrough more, although I'm not sure if it was because of the Japanese version's comparatively easier difficulty (which makes it less frustrating), or because I took the Alucard path this time instead of Sypha/Syfa's.  At any rate, this game has grown on me a bit since last time.

I thought about starting another game from my backlog, but I have Ni No Kuni II pre-ordered and plan on starting that soon, so I guess I'll just keep working on Radiant Historia in the mean time.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1618 on: March 19, 2018, 08:32:32 AM »

With all the talk of Axiom Verge here, on Twitter, and elsewhere around the web, after putting down Odyssey, I decided to boot that one up on the Switch, and have been playing through it again.  I'm hoping to finish this week, so I can move on to something else on Switch.  Probably Xenoblade 2, though I might try to sneak the single player campaign of DOOM in there, since it's not especially long.  Also, I'm still working on MediEvil Resurrection on PSP, and I'm starting to like the game more.  The combat is a tad janky, and still feels very PS1, but it's quirky, has a good sense of humor, and actually has pretty decent voice acting and characters.  I also need to start working on my next Game Boy game for review...

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1619 on: March 19, 2018, 12:16:16 PM »

Started Farpoint in VR.  It's great so far.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 159 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length