RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:23:42 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Gaming Diary: Chapter 3 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 159 Print
Author Topic: The Gaming Diary: Chapter 3  (Read 849680 times)
Disposed Hero
Blog Editor
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #1815 on: June 18, 2019, 01:44:52 PM »

CrossCode - I've been hearing a lot of good things about this action-RPG indie game, so I wanted to start it up. It seems pretty good so far. Nice blend of action and puzzle elements.

Oh crap, that means the game is done, right?  I played this a while ago but had to stop due to well, a stop in the story (due to it being Early Access and me not noticing).  It was fun, and now I can put it back on play rotation list.  Thanks!

Yeah, I think it's been finished since late last year. I kind of got away from it recently because a lot of the early game stuff after the prologue just feels like typical MMO grinding and fetch quests. I know that it's intentional given the context of the game, but with so many other games that I'm playing right now, it didn't exactly make me want to go back to CrossCode over other things. Do you remember if it picks up the pace soon? I'd like to get back to it and could use some encouragement Wink

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1816 on: June 21, 2019, 07:53:09 PM »

Wheel of Fortune (GB) - I played this for a solid 90 mins waiting for my wife on the bus today, great fun was had by me.

Mr_Stubbes
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1817 on: June 23, 2019, 02:14:06 PM »

I’ve been practicing at Strikers 1945 II in between breaks I’m taking while playing Twisted Metal Black. I remember liking the original twisted Metal a lot as a kid, can’t say the same for TMB though....

Disposed Hero
Blog Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1818 on: June 25, 2019, 12:14:31 PM »

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night - It was worth the wait. Great game.

Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow - Finished this, and it's my favorite of the handheld Castlevania titles so far.

Metroid Fusion - Playing Aria of Sorrow made me want to play more GBA games, so I decided to play a Metroid game before starting another of the Castlevania titles. I played this back in the day and remember enjoying it. Playing it now, I like it, but I'm not a big fan of the directed and linear nature of it so far.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - I played this with the Cartridge Club this month. I played it when it first came out and remember thinking it was an absolute masterpiece. Playing it now, I don't hold it in such high regard, but I still really enjoyed it.

Trails of Cold Steel - I just finished the penultimate chapter last night, so the finish line is finally in sight!

Metro: Exodus - I put this on hold when I started Uncharted 2, but I plan to come back to it soon.

Judgment - Today is release day, so you better believe I'll be starting it tonight.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1819 on: June 25, 2019, 02:35:16 PM »

Yeah, I think it's been finished since late last year. I kind of got away from it recently because a lot of the early game stuff after the prologue just feels like typical MMO grinding and fetch quests. I know that it's intentional given the context of the game, but with so many other games that I'm playing right now, it didn't exactly make me want to go back to CrossCode over other things. Do you remember if it picks up the pace soon? I'd like to get back to it and could use some encouragement Wink

I wish I could add something to this, but the last time I played the game ended very suddenly shortly after meeting the German bloke (Toby?).  This might have been two or three years ago though (I'd have to check my Steam account).

I am cranking my way through SNK 40th Anniversary, just finishing Iron Tank and Alpha Mission (for the NES Challenge).  I think I will jump on Athena and Psycho Soldier next.

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1820 on: June 29, 2019, 10:02:36 PM »

I've been grinding on Final Fantasy III SNES for awhile now. I've made it to Figaro Castle and I've yet to go in and meet Edgar. Currently sitting at Level 25 and tons of GP.

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1821 on: June 30, 2019, 12:17:03 PM »

Super Mario Land (GB) - I was able to breeze through several levels with ease. I'm thinking this won't take long to beat?

Mr_Stubbes
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1822 on: June 30, 2019, 03:41:03 PM »

Super Mario Land (GB) - I was able to breeze through several levels with ease. I'm thinking this won't take long to beat?

I found the first few levels pretty easy as well. The levels in world 4 were a touch difficult, but I made it through by pooling a bunch of extra lives in the first couple of stages.

MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #1823 on: June 30, 2019, 09:16:20 PM »

Once you get the game down, you can probably do it in half an hour or so. World 4 is tougher, for sure, but if you can stock up on lives befoer you get there, once you get to the final stage, you shouldn't have much trouble.

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1824 on: July 01, 2019, 12:05:43 PM »

Once you get the game down, you can probably do it in half an hour or so. World 4 is tougher, for sure, but if you can stock up on lives befoer you get there, once you get to the final stage, you shouldn't have much trouble.
Oddly enough the final boss was easier then I thought it would be.

Disposed Hero
Blog Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1825 on: July 02, 2019, 07:55:46 AM »

Judgment - I hate to say it, but I'm not really feeling this one so far. The story is interesting enough, but the side content feels lacking, and I'm not a big fan of Yagami's combat style. I'm hopeful that it will pick up soon.

Mr_Stubbes
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1826 on: July 02, 2019, 09:08:08 AM »

I’m working my way through the hard mode of Super Mario Land. I’m in world 3-1 with a decent pool of lives. Hopefully there is enough of them to make it through the remaining levels.

bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1827 on: July 03, 2019, 08:51:09 AM »

I've finished most of the games in the SNK 40th Anniversary Collection; enough for me to call it a day.  Great collection, and I will be revisiting it many times in the future, I think.

I also played through the recently released demo for Dragon Quest Builders 2 and found it to be wonderful, but so far a more story focused game with more streamlined controls than the first game.  I will be picking this game up on the 12th for sure.

In the meantime I am playing through my son's copy of Super Mario Odyssey and also Super Mario Land.  I really think Odyssey is going to be a marathon run, judging by the way I am playing it.  I need to start on Super Mario Land for the July Playthrough.

- Han Solo
Mr_Stubbes
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1828 on: July 06, 2019, 09:26:38 PM »

Just started playing Katamari Damacy. I never had the chance to play this game before, but it’s one I remember seeing years ago. It’s so colorful and quirky, and honestly a nice change of pace.

bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1829 on: July 08, 2019, 12:24:08 PM »

Powered through Super Mario Odyssey.  My son told me if I really want to enjoy this game I would have to slow down and really spend time poking around in the levels, and boy was he right.  I don't mind admitting that I started to get a little bored of the "3D Mario Formula" about halfway through the game, so I decided to really sniff around the Seaside Kingdom when I got to it.  This is when I really began to enjoy Mario Odyssey, which is a shame since I finished it not long after.

I have since borrowed Breath of the Wild from the local library and am so far really loving it.  While I don't think that it quite matches the exploration grandeur found in a game like Skyrim, Breath of the Wild really brings me back to the simple joys of moving around in a 3D world.  I have spent most of my exploration time just trying to avoid the large amount of Bokoblin camps while getting to my destinations and trying to get around the issues of dealing with the cold.  Really loving this game so far and can't wait to play it when I get home tonight.

So formally:

Super Mario Odyssey - Finished
Zelda Breath of the Wild - Started, currently making my way through the wilderness to seek out Impa
Super Mario Land - I really need to start this!

- Han Solo
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 159 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length