RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:54:26 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Gaming Diary: Chapter 3 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 159 Print
Author Topic: The Gaming Diary: Chapter 3  (Read 847195 times)
Disposed Hero
Blog Editor
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #1890 on: September 26, 2019, 03:32:52 PM »

I really disliked the open house ended areas in Gears 5. It kills the pacing.

Yeah, normally I like to explore open areas like that, but since we're playing this co-op only once a week, we'll probably just beeline to the next objective.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1891 on: September 26, 2019, 05:19:31 PM »

Resident Evil 2 (N64) - I've found all the plugs and made my way into the sewers with Ada.

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #1892 on: September 27, 2019, 06:39:26 AM »

I really disliked the open house ended areas in Gears 5. It kills the pacing.

Yeah, normally I like to explore open areas like that, but since we're playing this co-op only once a week, we'll probably just beeline to the next objective.

The problem with that in Gears 5 is they hide (almost) essential robot upgrades as rewards for those side missions. You can't spend the regular upgrade points to get them.

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1893 on: September 28, 2019, 09:10:53 AM »

Resident Evil 2 (N64) - Just had a run in with an alligator, that was damn unsettling...

Mr_Stubbes
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1894 on: September 28, 2019, 04:20:23 PM »

I made it a point today to finish some of the games that I have started a little while ago. I finished Katamari Damacy and my moon was over 775 meters. I also finished through the main story of Gunhouse. There is still more levels to play so I might pick it up again when I have some extra time.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2019, 06:51:28 PM by Mr_Stubbes » Logged

MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #1895 on: September 30, 2019, 08:17:05 AM »

I picked Saints Row 3 up again last night, to see what I could do with it. I ended up getting a few more missions in, but didn't make a ton of progress.

Disposed Hero
Blog Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1896 on: October 01, 2019, 12:27:27 PM »

Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Just reached a point in Chapter 11 which I found out is a pivotal moment in the game's story. I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes.

Jeanne d'Arc - As much as I hate to do it, I think I'm going to put this game down. I don't really have the time or patience for it right now. Maybe I'll come back to it when I'm able to devote more time to it. Maybe once I finish Fire Emblem, but I'm kind of chomping at the bit to play another GBA/DS Castlevania game, so we'll see.

The Walking Dead: The Final Season - Just finished Episode 2, which means I should be at the halfway mark.

Resident Evil 7 - Finished this for a repeat playthrough. Great game.

Link's Awakening - Blew through this over the weekend. It's very similar to the original, just with some minor additions and quality-of-life improvements, and of course the visual overhaul. I really enjoyed it!

River City Girls - Played through about half of this with a friend. It's a good game, but some fairly minor faults hold it back from being great.

Galerians - I played this many years ago and remember virtually nothing about it, so I decided to revisit it. I'm still early on, but I'd say this game has quite a few interesting ideas, but the execution is a bit flawed. Still having a good time with it so far.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1897 on: October 01, 2019, 08:38:18 PM »

Jeanne d'Arc - As much as I hate to do it, I think I'm going to put this game down.

Bummer, but I totally get it. This is a game you have to stick with to get through. You're playing a lot of games at once!

Disposed Hero
Blog Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1898 on: October 01, 2019, 10:35:54 PM »

Jeanne d'Arc - As much as I hate to do it, I think I'm going to put this game down.

Bummer, but I totally get it. This is a game you have to stick with to get through. You're playing a lot of games at once!

Yeah, I know it doesn't seem like it, but I really don't like juggling so many games at once. Trying to get some horror stuff in during the Halloween season on top of all the other stuff I was already playing!

I was definitely enjoying Jeanne d'Arc, but I think playing it once a week at most was doing it a disservice. I didn't like not remembering what was going on every time I picked up the game. Plus, I hit another one of those battles where not a single unit can fall in battle, and I just don't have the patience to grind levels right now Wink

Disposed Hero
Blog Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1899 on: October 09, 2019, 01:57:07 PM »

The Walking Dead: The Final Season - Finished this. None of the following seasons have lived up to the first in my opinion, but I still enjoyed this one overall. I'm glad that Skybound picked up the series after Telltale went under, and I'm satisfied with the conclusion they gave us.

Gears 5 - Still riding around in the free-roam part of the game. My friend and I don't get a chance to play it that often, but we're trying to get back into playing online semi-regularly, so hopefully we'll get through this one before too long. We're both really enjoying it though.

Days Gone - Finally got back to this and played through a couple more missions. I'm really at an odd place with this game where I don't really dislike it, but I also don't think it's good enough to warrant the 30-40 hours it will likely take me to finish. I also find the main character to be extremely unlikable, which isn't helping. I guess I'm just sticking it out for now in hopes that it will click, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Galerians - My opinion is the same as last time: a flawed but enjoyable game.

Castlevania: Circle of the Moon - I've been itching to get back to the portable Castlevania games, and the recent GameSack video that covered them only added more fuel to the fire, so I went ahead and started this up. I like it a lot, but it feels odd to me that I've already covered 25% of the map in only about an hour, and it feels like nothing really significant has happened during that time.

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1900 on: October 09, 2019, 02:57:31 PM »

Mario Kart 64 (N64) - I admire that my son is now able to beat me fairly often nowadays. I will have to up my game Tongue

tactical_nuke
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1901 on: October 09, 2019, 03:31:49 PM »

Minit was really good and the artstyle pleases me greatly.
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1902 on: October 11, 2019, 08:04:46 AM »

Super Smash Bros. (N64) - My son has become crazy good with Capt Falcon, it is hard to beat him. It doesn't help that my wife just keeps eating me and running off the stage as Yoshi... Cheesy

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1903 on: October 15, 2019, 06:49:04 PM »

Played Limbo and beat it.  Did not like the ending at all.  Not happy.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Disposed Hero
Blog Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1904 on: October 23, 2019, 01:09:04 PM »

Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Just hit a big turning point in the story and think I'm closing in on the finish line. Great game.

Gears 5 - Finished this last night with a friend and we had a great time with it.

Days Gone - This is an alright game, but I think I've had my fill of it. After spending maybe 10 hours with it, I just checked a walkthrough and I'm maybe a quarter of the way through the story and don't think it's worth another 30. I think I'm putting this one down.

Galerians - I've put some more time in with this game and like it quite a bit. Lots of interesting ideas, but quite a few flaws drag the experience down. Progression through the third main area of the game is very weird and mainly involves checking each location over and over again until something happens.

Castlevania: Circle of the Moon - Circle of the Moon was the first and only GBA game I owned when I first got the system back in the day, and I'm beginning to see why I never finished it. It's kind of uninteresting compared to the other portable Castlevania games I've played.

Axiom Verge - I started this on a whim and played for maybe an hour, but it's not really hooking me like I thought it would. I'll give it some more time and hope it clicks.

Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 159 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length