RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:13:56 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Gaming Diary: Chapter 3 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 159 Print
Author Topic: The Gaming Diary: Chapter 3  (Read 849650 times)
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2205 on: October 29, 2021, 06:03:03 PM »

Beat Assassin's Creed Brotherhood.  I really want to know how this ends to Assassin's Creed Revelations is next!

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #2206 on: October 30, 2021, 05:43:33 PM »

Resident Evil 2 (N64) - Finally made it to the end today. This is still my all time favourite RE game.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2207 on: November 01, 2021, 05:45:31 AM »

Well, I had the Switch out and decided to play a little Lolo.  A little Lolo turned into beating Lolo in one day.  I was shocked that I beat it in one day without any cheating at except my son helped me with one level.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2021, 08:55:34 AM by shaggy » Logged

SMS set complete!
WhyNotZoidberg
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #2208 on: November 01, 2021, 07:11:53 AM »

I finished Doom 64 on Switch a few days ago, now I'm on to Ion Fury, also on Switch.

For having played both, I much prefer Doom 64.

I've been playing a bunch of Tetris 99 and NES Open this past week. Both conveniently on my Switch.

-->15% off any listed price www.ebay.ca/usr/for_the_hoard <--
MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #2209 on: November 03, 2021, 02:50:15 PM »

Kinda gave up on the Switch version of Ion Fury, because I couldn't get the precision of control I needed to not burn through ammo too quickly, or beat the 2nd boss. I've moved onto Gunlord X on Switch, to explore that game some.

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #2210 on: November 04, 2021, 04:47:49 PM »

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (PS2) - Just driving around and listening to the tunes.

Ikariniku
Atari 7800

Stats
« Reply #2211 on: November 06, 2021, 09:07:43 AM »

Played Shovel Knight and remembered that I had, in fact, beaten the Shovel of Hope campaign before.  Controller latency really makes or breaks this game for me.

Mr_Stubbes
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2212 on: November 06, 2021, 06:39:43 PM »

Just finished Days Gone today. After passing this one over when it originally released a couple years ago, I decided to give it a go since it was free with the PS5 games with gold or whatever they’re calling it. Overall I really enjoyed it. While it does take a hit for repetitive style of missions/jobs that a lot of open world games suffer from. The story was good enough that it didn’t really matter.

WhyNotZoidberg
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #2213 on: November 09, 2021, 03:53:53 PM »

Just finished Brothers A Tale of Two Sons on Switch. It was what I expected, a puzzle-platformer with an atmosphere like Ico or Lost in Shadow even where you catch glimpses of lore here and there.

Controlling the two brothers independantly proved to challenge my hand-eye coordination and muscle memory. Some portions have the player swinging the two characters from grip to grip as you climb up walls and it provided a decent "neurological" challenge which was rewarding the same way hitting the notes in Rock Band is, the game could have used much more of that, especially if it was combined with some kind of timed threat, like water rising or something. Otherwise there isn't much challenge in the game, but this is more about the settings, story and the player's experience rather than challenging gameplay.

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #2214 on: November 11, 2021, 01:39:28 AM »

Mario Kart: Super Circuit (GBA) - Driving people around tomorrow, so loads of this game I imagine.

Disposed Hero
Blog Editor
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #2215 on: November 12, 2021, 09:56:41 AM »

Metroid Dread - Came back to this and finished it recently. There was a lot to like about it, but also some annoying things that I didn't like so much. It kept growing on me more and more though as I got closer to the end, then the final boss fight ended up being incredibly frustrating. I enjoyed it overall, but it's probably on the lower end of the spectrum as far as my favorite Metroid games go.

Lost Judgment - Just hit Chapter 12 (out of 13, I believe). The story keeps taking some wild turns, but that's pretty standard for the series. Really enjoying this one though.

Corpse Party - I haven't played this much over the last few weeks. Nearing the end of chapter 1 I believe and just hit my first 'Wrong End.' Not really sure what to do differently to get the proper chapter 1 ending which has put me off from playing more.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - I've always really enjoyed Mario Kart but haven't played it at all I think in like 4 years. A couple of my VGM friends were talking about playing it online, so we played for a couple of hours and had a blast with it!

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

WhyNotZoidberg
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #2216 on: November 12, 2021, 04:27:38 PM »

Started playing Amon the Sleep on Switch and I couldn't get into it. The mood is creepy AF so that's good, but controlling the toddler around and getting him around the obstacles wasn't fun to do so I dropped the game after about an hour.

Moved on to Raiden IV Mikado Remix on Switch and it's as good as I expect a Raiden game to be, but the screen is just too small and I had to drop it until I get to play it docked in TV mode.

Started playing CrossCode and I'm really enjoying it so far.

MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #2217 on: November 15, 2021, 09:41:56 AM »

Raiden IV is so great. I definitely need to put more time into the Overkill mode.

Disposed Hero
Blog Editor
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #2218 on: November 16, 2021, 01:16:24 PM »

Lost Judgment - Finally on the last chapter and sitting around 35 hours in this one so far. Not sure how much I have left to go for the main story, but I want to finish up some side activities, namely the school club storylines, before I accidentally trigger the end game. These games are usually pretty good about warning you before the point of no return, so it's probably not an issue, but just to be on the safe side.

Corpse Party - Well, Halloween has passed and it's already halfway through November, so I think I'm just going to let this one fall to the wayside and pick it up again next Halloween season.

Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII - I started this months ago and was playing it off and on for a while and got about halfway through it before losing interest. Picked it back up again on a whim and have really been getting into it again.

Final Fantasy VII - I started this in anticipation of the Cartridge Club playthrough next month. This is one of my all-time favorites, but it's been several years since I've played through it, so I could use the refresher. Just left Midgar and saved in the middle of the Kalm flashback sequence.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2219 on: November 23, 2021, 07:31:32 PM »

So I beat Assassin's Creed: Revelations on Saturday and it ended on another cliffhanger!!!  So on to Assassin's Creed III on the Wii U.  busting out them old systems!

SMS set complete!
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 159 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length