RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:54:11 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | Kid Icarus - Retro Playthrough - January 2015 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Print
Author Topic: Kid Icarus - Retro Playthrough - January 2015  (Read 31612 times)
Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #120 on: January 14, 2015, 08:28:47 PM »

Alright, after spending probably well over an hour being stuck in 1-4 (which was 100% the fault of those damn Eggplant Wizards.  Seriously, whoever came up with that idea deserves a swift kick to the balls), I finally made it to 2-2.  You guys were right about the game getting much easier once you reach the sidescrolling sections.  I don't think I died once in 2-1, except at the very beginning just to get my password.  Unfortunately, it looks like I missed out on the second upgrade in 2-1 (I'm assuming that's what that empty room was), but I'm not too worried about it at this point.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #121 on: January 14, 2015, 09:23:03 PM »

Nice! Onward to the finish line. Watch out for the guys in 2-2 and 2-3 that steal your training room gear!!! Hint: you can buy it back from certain markets

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #122 on: January 15, 2015, 05:15:15 PM »

I just made it to 3-4.  I wasn't planning on going for the good ending, but I have pretty much everything I need for it, so I might as well.  Just need to grind some hearts.

I gotta say, I really didn't like this game at all during World 1, but it gets much better during the later levels when you're much more powerful.  I bet most of the negative critics of this game quit during the first couple of levels due to the brutal difficulty.  I can't blame them, I would have quit the game also if I weren't playing it for the playthrough.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #123 on: January 15, 2015, 05:31:22 PM »

When I went to my local store today, the manager told me she bought her young son a copy for Christmas so that he could see where the SSB character was from. I told her that he wouldn't be playing it for long. Wink

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #124 on: January 15, 2015, 09:31:53 PM »

Done!  Grin

[img width=700 height=525]http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm155/DisposedHero/Community%20Playthrough%20Scores/CAM01139.jpg[/img]

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #125 on: January 16, 2015, 07:12:27 AM »

Very well done, and the best ending to boot! Great timing. Wink

JerryGreenwood
Do you even Sega?
Donor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #126 on: January 16, 2015, 08:35:12 AM »

damn Eggplant Wizards.
Not that you need the help, but for anyone else, once you know how to beat them it's quite simple. When you first enter the room, they will both throw eggplants at you, but they will be on different planes. Slip through this gap and start pelting the closest Wizard with arrows. This will kill one of them and make the other one a lot easier.
russlyman
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #127 on: January 20, 2015, 11:52:18 PM »

I ended up downloading the squeal on the GameBoy. It was free with club Nintendo points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now your playing with power!
russlyman
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #128 on: January 25, 2015, 06:28:35 PM »

Anyone still chugging along on this??

Now your playing with power!
MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #129 on: January 25, 2015, 07:26:11 PM »

I moved on to other games, after finishing two weeks ago.

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #130 on: January 25, 2015, 08:26:39 PM »

Anyone still chugging along on this??

I beat it a few weeks ago as I finish most of the games early to record the podcast. Great game and I play on finding the GB sequel to play on my Retron5.

You guys need to be sure to listen to the podcast when it comes out in February. Duke joins the show and it is a good one.

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #131 on: January 25, 2015, 11:34:56 PM »

I had a lot of fun pitching in. I appreciate the guys having me on.

MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #132 on: January 26, 2015, 11:12:30 AM »

I can say that the Game Boy sequel is a fun game, and WAY easier than the NES original.  It's no slouch, but I owned it as a kid and remember not being so super frustrated with it that I wanted to rage-quit every 10 minutes like with this one.  It also has a save feature built in, so if you're playing via the actual cart, you may find that you progress through the game a bit quicker than the original as well.  The final boss is AWESOME, and when I originally played it as a kid, was very impressed by how they pulled that off on the Game Boy.

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #133 on: January 28, 2015, 08:39:34 AM »

I saw how much fun everyone was having and decided to try this one out:

[img width=700 height=525]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/cisco678/RF/IMG_2016_zps0ahnt6ri.jpg[/img]

I didn't get the best ending as I hit 3-1 with 999 hearts and couldn't find a shop to spend some so I could earn some more skill points. I still had fun with the game and will try the sequel.

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #134 on: January 28, 2015, 08:40:26 AM »

Very nice Addicted! Thanks for joining us this month.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length