RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:17:32 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand - Modern Playthrough - January 2015 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print
Author Topic: 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand - Modern Playthrough - January 2015  (Read 22512 times)
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2015, 06:51:11 PM »

TOLD YOU GUYS YOU WOULD LIKE IT!

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2015, 08:10:59 PM »

I'm having a hard time figuring out how far I've progressed. I'm in a castle thing. It's after the helicopter sequence which has to shooting baddies as the lady (who stole your skull, but that's forgiven because video games) flies the chopper. Would this be the second checkpoint? Honestly, I've lost track of everything and am going from one shooting gallery to the next.

Also is the guy skull cap voiced by the guy who played Mr. Abaddon on Lost?

If you're in a helicopter shooting down on the world with a mounted turret, you're at the second checkpoint.

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #47 on: January 13, 2015, 07:46:05 AM »

Played a little co-op with Disposed Hero last night. This game is great. One thing we noticed is that there isn't much difference in the difficulty levels. My first solo playthrough on easy was guns blazin' and I was basically invincible. Playing on hard (playing co-op notwithstanding), I simply found that I had to sometimes make sure I was near cover and couldn't be 100% reckless.

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #48 on: January 13, 2015, 03:24:34 PM »

Just finished the game and I want to reserve my judgement for our recording. I will say though that the game exceeded my expectations. It's a solid third person shooter. It's not great but it's fun.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #49 on: January 13, 2015, 03:29:44 PM »

Played a little co-op with Disposed Hero last night. This game is great. One thing we noticed is that there isn't much difference in the difficulty levels. My first solo playthrough on easy was guns blazin' and I was basically invincible. Playing on hard (playing co-op notwithstanding), I simply found that I had to sometimes make sure I was near cover and couldn't be 100% reckless.

After having played from where we left off up to the Week 1 checkpoint, I can say that the game was fairly difficult and frustrating playing solo on hard.  The big reason is that losing all of your health on solo results in a game over, while losing all health in co-op usually just results in a few seconds of downtime until you can get back up and start shooting again.  I didn't make it very far on my own before switching the difficulty back to normal.

That being said, I'm having fun with the game.  This game was just what I needed after playing a couple of longer RPGs.  I'm definitely going to run through it again with a buddy once I see him again and give him his copy.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #50 on: January 13, 2015, 03:44:00 PM »

Just finished the game and I want to reserve my judgement for our recording.

The playthrough comes before the podcast my friend.

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #51 on: January 13, 2015, 04:21:38 PM »

That'll defeat the purpose of the podcast.

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #52 on: January 13, 2015, 05:49:10 PM »

That'll defeat the purpose of the podcast.

You have it exactly backwards.

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #53 on: January 13, 2015, 09:56:33 PM »

How so? Isn't the podcast an outlet for us to discuss our thoughts on the games we play here?

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #54 on: January 14, 2015, 05:52:07 AM »

No. This forum thread is the place to discuss our thoughts on the games we play here. The podcast is a place for us to wrap up our thoughts on said playthrough. That's why it used to be called the Community Playthrough Wrap Up.

Furthermore, this sub forum is called "Community Playthroughs" and not "Podcast Research" for a reason.

So allow me to reiterate, because this is very important: The playthrough comes before the podcast, both chronologically and as matter of priority.   

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #55 on: January 14, 2015, 10:15:27 AM »

Well, then I'll just say this: If I say everything I have to say there will be nothing left for our Skype call.

Basically the game's a series of shooting galleries, it's not bad but not particularly good, and the driving scenes were done well.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #56 on: January 16, 2015, 09:15:01 AM »

I put in a few hours last night and am at the middle of Mission 7: Mountain Citadel. I enjoyed the firing from the helicopter scene and thought it was a nice break from what I consider a good amount of duck and cover action. 2 more levels to go I guess. Should finish up this weekend.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #57 on: January 16, 2015, 09:42:59 AM »

You're pretty close to the end. The final boss battle is actually quite exhilarating.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #58 on: January 16, 2015, 09:54:26 AM »

Oh yeah, forgot to mention. Is there a specific way to pick up the rocket launchers to battle the helicopters? I find them, but am never able to pick them up..... I end up just using all the ammo from my other weapons to take them down and I have no ammo to start every level past them. Kind of funny that I end up taking down helicopters with my 9.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #59 on: January 16, 2015, 09:56:26 AM »

Walk up to the weapon and hold X to pick it up. (On PS3 I'm not sure which button, but look for an icon of a handgun with an arrow pointing up at the bottom of the screen.) That's how you pick up weapons.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length