RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:46:51 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | Collecting Goals for 2015 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print
Author Topic: Collecting Goals for 2015  (Read 22914 times)
Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2015, 11:52:51 PM »

Focus on completing the NA GCN set, maybe hitting around 450. (375 currently)

Decide which system I would want to go for after the 'Cube...thinking maybe Game Boy if it is even possible, or the Wii U, since titles are few and far between.

MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2015, 02:48:34 PM »

Is really like to focus on Sega Genesis collecting, specifically CIB stuff, and maybe getting a few manuals I'm missing, but that has become expensive. Since I can source PS2 & original Xbox games dirt cheap, I'll probably concentrate on that for the foreseeable future, and just pick up the odd Genesis game as I find cheap. My wife and I are trying to save money for an infant adoption, so I'm actually trying to resist the impulse to buy as much.

zcrich01
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2015, 02:57:14 PM »

Is really like to focus on Sega Genesis collecting, specifically CIB stuff, and maybe getting a few manuals I'm missing, but that has become expensive. Since I can source PS2 & original Xbox games dirt cheap, I'll probably concentrate on that for the foreseeable future, and just pick up the odd Genesis game as I find cheap. My wife and I are trying to save money for an infant adoption, so I'm actually trying to resist the impulse to buy as much.

I'm trying to tighten my budget a bit as well, albeit for different reasons. I want to get back into training brazilian jiu jitsu and need to budget money for gym dues...which is nothing like adopting an infant at all, and certainly not as admirable. I commend you.
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2015, 03:02:45 PM »

Yes, very admirable. I hope you name him/her Gradius.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Barracuda
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2015, 10:42:47 AM »

This year is finally the year I make forward progress in selling my collection. After years of saying I am selling everything, I finally listed the collection on eBay.

MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2015, 12:13:46 PM »

Yes, very admirable. I hope you name him/her Gradius.

LOL, I think my wife would kill me, almost literally, if I tried to do that!   slick

But thanks for the kind words.  We tried for years to get pregnant, then found out we couldn't have our own.  We also fostered for 5 years, but never got lucky enough to have some kids stay, and you can get really burnt out from that, so we quit, because we had.  Adoption is EXPENSIVE.  It may take us a while before we can get enough money together to actually pull it off.

mattbrake90
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2015, 10:44:21 PM »

My plan is to focus mainly on PS3 and I hope to be around 500-650 NTSC games by the end of the year

and to add another pal ps3 game if so I hope to find a German Version of DanceStar Party
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 10:46:37 PM by mattbrake90 » Logged

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2015, 06:03:30 AM »

This year is finally the year I make forward progress in selling my collection. After years of saying I am selling everything, I finally listed the collection on eBay.

A man after my own heart! Screw collecting! Life is too short! Download everything!

Remember that No Fear t-shirt from the 90s? "He who dies with the most toys, still dies."

Made it through my first month of 2015 without spending any actual out of pocket money on games. Feels awesome.

Since I eliminated Sega Genesis from my collection last year, I've been trying to figure out if there's another console I can jettison but I'm coming up blank, which is fine, but I'd like to push that envelope a little further eventually.

zcrich01
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2015, 08:32:10 AM »

I've already surpassed my goal of 275 NES carts after picking up over 50 in the first 1.5 months of the year. I'm also only 7 from my Genesis goal for 2015...I think I will up my goal for each to 325 NES carts (approximately 47 more to reach that) and 400 Genesis games (need 32).
Madir
DB Reviewer
Germany

Stats
« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2015, 01:11:30 AM »

As usual I'm working on the last games for my (european) Master System collection:

EUR: Alex Kidd in Miracle World
EUR: Asterix and the Secret Mission (Classic Version)
EUR: Back to the Future Part II
EUR: Dragon Crystal
EUR: Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine
EUR: Dynamite Duke
EUR: F-16 Fighting Falcon (Card Version)
EUR: Flash (Non Classic)
EUR: Incredible Hulk, The (Kixx Release)
EUR: Lion King (The Regiowide one)
EUR: Smurfs Travel the World, The
EUR: Master of Darkness (Classic Edition)
EUR: Masters of Combat
EUR: Maze Hunter 3-D
EUR: Out Run 3-D
EUR: Out Run Europa
EUR: RoboCop versus The Terminator (Classic Version)
EUR: Space Harrier 3D
EUR: Star Wars (Kixx Release)
EUR: Streets of Rage II
EUR: TransBot (Card Version)
EUR: Winter Olympics (Kixx)
EUR: Wonder Boy in Monster World (Classic Version)
EUR: Xenon 2:Megablast (Imageworks)
EUR: Zillion

GER: Marksman Shooting / Trap Shooting / Safari Hunt

IT: Libro della Giungla
IT: Re Leone

ES: Libro de la selval, El
ES: Olympic Gold
ES: Rey Leon
ES: World Cup USA 94

FRA: Livre de la Jungle
FRA: Olympic Gold
FRA: Roi Lion
FRA: Ultima IV (with books)
FRA: World Cup USA 94

UK: Olympic Gold
UK: Ultima IV (with books)
UK: World Cup USA 94

USA: Alf
USA: Astro Warrior
USA: Great Ice Hockey
USA: Great Soccer
USA: Hang On / Astro Warrior
USA: James "Buster" Douglas Knockout Boxing
USA: King's Quest - Quest for the Crown
USA: Marksman Shooting & Trap Shooting
USA: Reggie Jackson Baseball
USA: Sports Pad Football

Get some minor variations: 1 so far

Beside I started to hunt for a complete boxed Hartung Game Master Collection:

System
Bomb Disposer
Bubble Boy
Continental Galaxy    
Dungeon Adventure    
Falling Block (Maybe it was only sold with the System)    
Formel 1    
Fuss-Ball
Go Bang!
Hyper Space    
Invader
Kung Fu    
Move It    
Pin Ball
Space Castle
Tank War    
Tennis    
Urban Challenge

Everyone is welcome for trading and selling those items!
« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 06:33:57 AM by Madir » Logged
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2015, 08:49:53 AM »

Just double checked the status of my Atlus PS2 subset and I am really getting close all of a sudden.

I only need Wizardry: Tale of the Forsaken Land, Arcana Heart, and Dokapon Kingdom. Dokapon is a tough one to justify because I already have the Wii version, so I'm going to make Wizardry a priority for now.

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2015, 08:55:16 AM »

Just double checked the status of my Atlus PS2 subset and I am really getting close all of a sudden.

I only need Wizardry: Tale of the Forsaken Land, Arcana Heart, and Dokapon Kingdom. Dokapon is a tough one to justify because I already have the Wii version, so I'm going to make Wizardry a priority for now.

That's awesome! I'm missing 4 on the PS2 including Wizardry and Arcana Heart as well. Good luck!

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2015, 10:53:41 AM »

That's awesome! I'm missing 4 on the PS2 including Wizardry and Arcana Heart as well. Good luck!

Just curious, what are the other two?

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2015, 11:38:57 AM »

Skygunner and Tsugunai

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2015, 01:47:30 PM »

Cool, those aren't too bad to get. I've had Sky Gunner forever but I decided to just buy Tsugunai on ebay last year when I thought I noticed the price creeping up (it wasn't).

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length