RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 02:42:32 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Dying Light - A Question 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Dying Light - A Question  (Read 1063 times)
ReddMcKnight
Ace Jago Player
Donor

Stats
« on: January 29, 2015, 01:51:36 PM »

Hi. Has anyone picked up Dying Light for the PS4, X1, or PC yet? Me and a friend from AtariAge have been wracking our brains trying to find out if the Official FAQ was correct or not in saying there's a setting that filters out Blood and/or Language. I'm asking here because I've asked on two other forums already, only to be laughed at, mocked, and criticized in some pretty harsh ways. I expect I can only get a no-nonsense, truthful answer from the good people here. So...anyone?

[img width=300 height=70]https://image.ibb.co/fSULkF/Signature_zpsfvzatdip.png[/img]
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2015, 01:58:13 PM »

I can ask some of the people on my friends list that have played through Dying Light on XB1, but I don't have any personal experience with it. Settings would likely differ greatly between console and PC.

ReddMcKnight
Ace Jago Player
Donor

Stats
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2015, 02:04:21 PM »

I can ask some of the people on my friends list that have played through Dying Light on XB1, but I don't have any personal experience with it. Settings would likely differ greatly between console and PC.

Thank you Shadow. I'd greatly appreciate that.

[img width=300 height=70]https://image.ibb.co/fSULkF/Signature_zpsfvzatdip.png[/img]
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2015, 02:26:48 PM »

I am going to say no there is no way to turn it off.
If there was you would have seen it marked clearly in a menu.

That is a feature that tends to not exist in most games.

If a company is going for an M rating and are going to get that M rating no matter what there seems to be little incentive spend more time and money creating options to turn the game into a T rated game.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2015, 02:29:34 PM »

Actually, I'm going to lean towards no as well. There's no release for it in Japan, which means that most of the incentive for turning off blood and vulgar language has been thrown out the window. You can't really have a release in Japan with red blood without getting a Z rating and getting panned by critics for it.

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2015, 07:54:31 PM »

typically you don't get that option in consoles, but it's pretty common to see for PC releases...but i don't know anything about this game specifically.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length