RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:00:36 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | MediEvil - Retro Playthrough - March 2015 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: MediEvil - Retro Playthrough - March 2015  (Read 13903 times)
Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2015, 09:36:03 AM »

I'm curious Steven, but are you going to seek out and play the sequel? 

I plan on it.  Immediately after finishing MediEvil, I did an ebay search for the sequel.  I have one sitting in my watch list that I hope to buy if the bidding doesn't go too high.

If I would ever actually get around to playing it is another matter entirely.  Wink

There are several copies at a store I frequent, but they are probably on the higher end in price. If your buy doesn't go through, let me know and I'll check on the prices around here this week.

Cool, thanks for keeping a lookout for me.  I would like to get my hands on a copy of the game soon, but not really enough to pay a premium for it.  I'll let you know if I end up getting the one I have my eye on.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2015, 10:01:39 AM »

I'm curious Steven, but are you going to seek out and play the sequel? 

I plan on it.  Immediately after finishing MediEvil, I did an ebay search for the sequel.  I have one sitting in my watch list that I hope to buy if the bidding doesn't go too high.

If I would ever actually get around to playing it is another matter entirely.  Wink

There are several copies at a store I frequent, but they are probably on the higher end in price. If your buy doesn't go through, let me know and I'll check on the prices around here this week.

Cool, thanks for keeping a lookout for me.  I would like to get my hands on a copy of the game soon, but not really enough to pay a premium for it.  I'll let you know if I end up getting the one I have my eye on.

Sounds good.

For those interested in playing MediEvil 2, it's a decent game. Similar gameplay to the original, but a quirky, more modern storyline.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Bildtstar
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
DB Editor
Netherlands

Stats
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2015, 05:55:42 PM »

Jumping platforms  has been instant death quite often, better call the game character Sir Daniel Die-a-Lot. I'm at the Enchanted Earth for the second time,  but died in the level with the flying demons (dragons?) Question: How many life bottles can you have at that point, I have four.

Oh No! More Lemmings Skylanders...
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2015, 06:44:58 PM »

Jumping platforms  has been instant death quite often, better call the game character Sir Daniel Die-a-Lot. I'm at the Enchanted Earth for the second time,  but died in the level with the flying demons (dragons?) Question: How many life bottles can you have at that point, I have four.

At that point, you could have 5. Did you find the hidden one in Dan's Crypt?  There are actually 2 on that level. Smiley

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Bildtstar
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
DB Editor
Netherlands

Stats
« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2015, 07:18:31 PM »

Jumping platforms  has been instant death quite often, better call the game character Sir Daniel Die-a-Lot. I'm at the Enchanted Earth for the second time,  but died in the level with the flying demons (dragons?) Question: How many life bottles can you have at that point, I have four.

At that point, you could have 5. Did you find the hidden one in Dan's Crypt?  There are actually 2 on that level. Smiley

No I didn't, thanks!

Bildtstar
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
DB Editor
Netherlands

Stats
« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2015, 03:54:46 PM »

Finished the checkpoints for week 2. Jumping platforms is a real pain, but other than that it's a fun game. Spend  most of my free time playing this game, I apologize for neglecting my work on the database...

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2015, 04:18:18 PM »

Very nice! Congrats on making it halfway. Jumping will continue to get suckier. Keep the faith.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2015, 10:00:56 AM »

Checkpoint #3 is up!  Complete "Gallow's Gauntlet."  How is everyone progressing so far?

Bildtstar
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
DB Editor
Netherlands

Stats
« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2015, 05:16:50 AM »

Completed "The Time Device" yesterday. Any tips for defeating Zarok?

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2015, 05:47:28 AM »

The last battle has a string of 3 different bosses you have to fight in a row. As soon as you enter the arena, go to the chests and get the "Good Lightning" before touching the seal in the middle of the floor. In fight one, do not lose any foot soldiers and heal them as much as you can. The more you keep alive with the Good Lightning, the quicker the battle and the more healing vials you receive at the end. The last two battles consist of a lot of running away and use of ranged weapons. Be sure you are fully stocked on ranged weapons especially the spears, magic bow and flame bow. Zarok can only be hit when he stands on his hind legs, so it makes for a rather tedious and slow battle. Good luck!
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 08:21:10 AM by singlebanana » Logged

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2015, 08:07:22 AM »

gaa my PSP save is corrupt... I have to start over

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2015, 02:36:34 PM »

Completed "The Time Device" yesterday. Any tips for defeating Zarok?

BTW, congrats on making it to the end. Wink

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2015, 02:52:58 PM »

Checking in again! I think the 4th checkpoint is obvious, but I shall go ahead and post it anyway. Good luck on finishing!

Bildtstar
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
DB Editor
Netherlands

Stats
« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2015, 02:20:07 PM »

Finally finished the game, after recovering from the flu and high fever last week. Defeating Zarok was easier than I thought. With your hints in mind, I just kept running in circles, waiting for the right moment to hit Zarok. Like you said, it's a slow battle.

Me and my 9 year old really liked the game, and since I also have Medievil 2 in my collection, we're going to play that game too.
Thank you for this nice suggestion for this month's Playthrough!

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2015, 02:26:53 PM »

Finally finished the game, after recovering from the flu and high fever last week. Defeating Zarok was easier than I thought. With your hints in mind, I just kept running in circles, waiting for the right moment to hit Zarok. Like you said, it's a slow battle.

Me and my 9 year old really liked the game, and since I also have Medievil 2 in my collection, we're going to play that game too.
Thank you for this nice suggestion for this month's Playthrough!

Glad you enjoyed it! Let me know when you get ready to start MediEvil 2.  Disposed and I both have it and have talked about playing it ourselves. Smiley

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length