RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 01:37:07 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Xbox One Issue 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Xbox One Issue  (Read 1777 times)
Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« on: February 25, 2015, 11:03:27 PM »

So, I don't know if anyone here has had this problem with their Xbox One before, but I thought someone here might know what I should do since I'm having a hard time really describing it to anyone and not sounding like an old man (I am).

So I turned on my XBone after a week or two of only accidental turn-ons, and this is what greets me:

[img width=639 height=360]http://i57.tinypic.com/15oytq9.jpg[/img]
[img width=639 height=360]http://i57.tinypic.com/2ntefsi.jpg[/img]

Even though I'm just showing screen shots, the same thing happens on the Xbox dashboard as well.  I tried doing a hard reset of the system, reseating all of the cords and even switching out the HDMI cord with another one I had lying around and none of that worked.  Anyone have any idea what could be causing this?
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2015, 11:58:52 PM »

Besides what you mentioned, have you tried another input on your TV?

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2015, 12:29:01 AM »

I'm suddenly thinking about that Eiffel 65 song.

Honestly, I've never heard of a game console going this. Can you take it back to the store or get in with Microsoft? Hopefully you're still covered by the warranty.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
Sauza12
DB Contributor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2015, 08:07:19 AM »

Besides what you mentioned, have you tried another input on your TV?

Yep, and it's having the same issue.

I'm suddenly thinking about that Eiffel 65 song.

Honestly, I've never heard of a game console going this. Can you take it back to the store or get in with Microsoft? Hopefully you're still covered by the warranty.

I think I'm going to email Microsoft today and see if they can give me any answers.  I bought it almost a year ago so I'm not sure if it's under warranty still or not.  Guess I'll see.
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2015, 08:34:33 AM »

Don't count on getting any straight answers from support.

You can try tweaking video settings but it looks like your system is borked. I'm no AV expert but it seems like either your system isn't sending out info for one color or your TV isn't picking it up.

If you are still under warranty just ship it out.
I know there was video issues from a recent system update. Maybe your problems stem from that.

slackur
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2015, 08:57:12 AM »

I had a similar issue with a cable box and TV.  It ended up being the input signal processing board in the TV; any HDMI input would end up looking like that, although sometimes it wasn't right away.  I'd definitely check it with another TV before spending money on an Xbox One repair/replace.

Keelah se'lai
Sauza12
DB Contributor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2015, 10:51:02 AM »

I had a similar issue with a cable box and TV.  It ended up being the input signal processing board in the TV; any HDMI input would end up looking like that, although sometimes it wasn't right away.  I'd definitely check it with another TV before spending money on an Xbox One repair/replace.

I'll check it when I get home tonight.  I don't know which to root for, that I have to repair or replace my XBox or my TV.  I suppose if it's the TV I can find ways around using HDMI, though after bathing in 1080p gaming glory, going back to low def is going to take some getting used to.

Thanks for the help so far guys!
Sauza12
DB Contributor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2015, 06:12:37 PM »

Well, I got home and was going to pull my xbox into another room to test it when I realized I never tried my PS3 which is also hooked up to the same TV via HDMI.  So I turn it on, throw in a game and everything looked fine.  So just to check again, I turn on my Xbox and...

...no problems at all.  So I don't know if it was just a temporary glitch or if it's a sign something is just in the process of failing, but I suppose I'm good for now.

I really wish this story had a more satisfying end, or even a third act.  It just kind of petered out there.  Oh well, just imagine a big explosions and that the aliens were defeated.  Credits.  Thanks again everyone!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length