RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:06:10 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | If Only we had known....... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: If Only we had known.......  (Read 3290 times)
cverz2
Donor
United States

Stats
« on: February 26, 2015, 12:33:36 AM »

Found this while looking through some old paper work.

1.00 for the Zelda Map.

1.25 for NES instruction Manuals.

If only we could of have been smart enough to buy some of this stuff back in the day.  Buying some NES manuals that are hard to come by.  And Zelda Maps selling on Ebay for 25 or so.

[img width=700 height=525]http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h63/railroad1/Mobile%20Uploads/20150207_110823_zpszh6ndweh.jpg[/img]
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2015, 07:33:18 PM »

Man, I would have gobbled up tons of maps and manuals!

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2015, 11:51:03 AM »

Those are great prices!

I wonder if the replacement manuals/maps were photocopies instead of originals.

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2015, 01:59:08 PM »

You should try ordering them anyway. You never know, there might be a warehouse full and they'll send you whatever you order.

Slowman
Sega 32X
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2015, 08:02:40 PM »

This reminds me of when Nintendo was clearing out Virtual Boy games.  You could call and buy from them direct for $2.50/ea loose w/manual; your choice of whatever was available.

PSN - rswslowman
3DS - 1177-8481-5639
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2015, 12:08:24 PM »

I remember going to Aldi's back in the day and they would sell Tengen games for $5 a piece.  Man, if I would have bought all those Tetris games.

SMS set complete!
zcrich01
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2015, 12:40:09 PM »

I remember going to Aldi's back in the day and they would sell Tengen games for $5 a piece.  Man, if I would have bought all those Tetris games.

How long has Aldi even been around?!? They only came to my area in roughly the mid 2000's
russlyman
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2015, 01:16:39 PM »

thats pretty awesome. I would def try to order some still. I sent in a few times those registration cards that come in the games for shits and giggles ha

Now your playing with power!
Cambot
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2015, 04:11:17 PM »

How long has Aldi even been around?!? They only came to my area in roughly the mid 2000's

We went to Aldi through my whole childhood. It was depressing and they only sold off brand goods. All the other kids drank Pepsi and ate Kellogg's and Hostess. I had to drink 'Sweet Valley' pop and eat Aldi generic cereal and "Cinnamon Rounds."

But anyway, that order form makes me wish I had been smarter or was able to see the future.

[img width=231 height=65]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y139/ckeene/snes_logo.jpg[/img]
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2015, 05:19:43 PM »

Aldi only sprung up here in Florida in the mid-2000s as well. They're doing a fairly decent job, especially in the low-income areas here.
Everything's off-brand, but it's decent quality and certainly worth the prices they're asking.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2015, 08:12:09 PM »

I remember going to Aldi's back in the day and they would sell Tengen games for $5 a piece.  Man, if I would have bought all those Tetris games.

Early to mid 90's in Racine, WI.  They have gotten better now.  Their generic tastes better, prices are great, and every now and than they will get name brand stuff for cheap prices.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 12:30:26 PM by shaggy » Logged

SMS set complete!
zcrich01
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2015, 10:14:12 AM »

It's not a bad chain, and supposedly they are able to compensate their employees quite well due to low overhead costs (which is unusual for employees of grocery chains). I had no idea they'd been around long enough for Tengen carts to have ever been in-store purchasable haha.
Antimind
Co-Founder
Canada

WWW Stats
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2015, 12:57:01 AM »

My biggest regret is the load of Atari 7800 titles that dropped to like $0.10 ea at one point. Can you imagine the bank I'd have if I'd have purchased a bunch of Tank Command for that? WTB> a real hot tub time machine Smiley

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
GamerNick
Collector of All Things Video Game Related
Sega Genesis
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2015, 12:21:48 AM »

To add to this from Nintendo Power #50 AD

I wonder if I could still collect ;-)

[img width=700 height=933]http://i.imgur.com/BVJYBXe.jpg?1[/img]

Nick Procopio
BNS Games
"Gotta Play To Win"
www.bnsgames.com
Looking for CIB - NES Games or Boxes & Manuals in Bulk.
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2015, 12:23:26 PM »

To add to this from Nintendo Power #50 AD

I wonder if I could still collect ;-)

[img width=700 height=933]http://i.imgur.com/BVJYBXe.jpg?1[/img]

Damn!  I never knew that.  Great price!  I actually have the Nintendo Index.  Came free with one of my subscriptions.  Oh Nintendo Power, if only you were still alive.

SMS set complete!
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length