RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:27:07 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | Evolution on trial in kansas 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Evolution on trial in kansas  (Read 1394 times)
Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« on: May 04, 2005, 03:12:28 PM »

http://today.reuters.com/...YLE-LIFE-EVOLUTION-DC.XML

I really don't know what to say...
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2005, 04:15:17 PM »

"I feel like I'm in a time warp here," said Topeka attorney Pedro Irigonegaray who has agreed to defend evolution as valid science. "To debate evolution is similar to debating whether the Earth is round. It is an absurd proposition."

This says it all

I am so sick of religious jackasses.

no offense to any religious persons but until someone proves Darwin wrong (his evolutionary theory is aparently still debated among scientists although he is for the most part correct from what little i have read on that particular subject)

If people want their kids to learn about divine creation send them to church.
I know many places don't allow Darwinism to be taught unless Creationism is.

It is a 1 day lesson at the most in the first place.
grab a bible read the first 3 pages of Genesis and you just taught everyone creationism as well as one of the most false things they will be taught.

TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2005, 05:01:02 PM »

Wow. Words are few to describe this.

Fundamentalists are here to stay, I suppose I can rest with the fact that at least I live in a region that hasn't completely shunned evolution, though I believe there still is an emphasis on Intelligent Design. I need to buy one of those Darwin car accessories, it would piss off a bunch of the Conservative Westsiders in the region. What's the average IQ in Kansas? 96 you say? Huh, I'd suppose that it should be lower given the fact that they are arguing that Evolution is a crock of shit.

Well, time for a reality check Kansas. The Bible is a book written in ancient times. Genesis is based on many epics from other Pagan empires. Revelation is an attack on the Roman Empire and a method of encouragement for the fledging Christian Community. You'd probably write an angry too if you survived being submerged in hot oil.  The Bible is a guide, but more specifically it is a guide best fit for the time periods they were written in. Please, don't contort what it says to discount proven Biological Fact. The only reason there are no Biological Laws is that nothing can be completely proven in Biology. We realize we are not all knowing, but we only have a good idea, backed by irrefutable scientific evidence. So, when that super advanced form of the flu comes and kills a fourth of the population, that wasn't god, that was evolution. They'll see that too. God's too benevolent to create such evil.

And to satisfy the Perl (and lighthearted humor):
Assryian Creation Story: Marduk
Babylonian Flood Story: Gilgamesh
Did you know that the Black Sea was created overnight? Would cause for one hell of a flood story, would it not?
"It is imperative that we be given preference over these mendicants. Marduk commands it."
"Who the hell is Marduk?"
"The Sun God that dwells inside me."
"In the front or in the Back?"
"Marduk, son of Aea, slayer of Tiamat."
"Marduk rules."
"He totally does."
"I want Marduk inside me!"
« Last Edit: May 04, 2005, 05:10:01 PM by TraderJake » Logged

Hello World.
Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2005, 05:11:11 PM »

"We're not against evolution," said Calvert. "But there is a lot of evidence that suggests that life is the product of intelligence. I think it is inappropriate for the state to prejudge the question whether we are the product of design or just an occurrence."

To this I say (in a poorly worded argument): Are we to teach the 7 days and 7 nights story about how God made the heavens and the Earth in chemistry class so that we know where the all the elements came from?  
It doesn't matter who/what created the elements, they still have their factual properties.  Same with evolution and biology.  We do not need to know who/what created us, that is philosophy, but evolution is scientific fact, it has been shown to exist from Mendel's Peas to London's Peppered Moths.

I never proofread before hitting the submit button, this is why every single one of my posts has been edited in the first minute after being submitted.
Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2005, 05:25:31 PM »

Tisk tisk Dave.  Did you do what I think you did to get the IQ for Kansas?

Kansas avg IQ (as best as can be determined) = 102.2
http://www.isteve.com/IQhoax.htm

Kansas avg IQ (from SAT) = 102
http://newmexiken.com/archives/2004/11/004136.php
« Last Edit: May 04, 2005, 06:52:43 PM by hydrobond » Logged

I never proofread before hitting the submit button, this is why every single one of my posts has been edited in the first minute after being submitted.
TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2005, 02:48:56 PM »

The latest in the Evolution Hearings.

AP: Kansas Scientists Boycott Hearings

Good for the scientists. The best way to bring more exposure to an already exposed travesty is to boycott the hearings. It allows for certain things to be exposed and stupid statements to be made.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2005, 02:50:24 PM by TraderJake » Logged

Hello World.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length