RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 04:32:49 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | Tomb Raider (2013) - Modern Playthrough - April 2015 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Print
Author Topic: Tomb Raider (2013) - Modern Playthrough - April 2015  (Read 24750 times)
ericeskapade
DB Contributor
Germany

Stats
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2015, 09:49:09 AM »

Checkpoint1  also reached...having a lot of fun, and to sniper with bow and arrow is nice Smiley
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2015, 02:10:03 PM »

The second checkpoint is now posted.

I'm enjoying the game so far. It's a grittier version of Uncharted. But the combat feels very similar. Tight spaces with too many enemies. I'll usually lure baddies out of hiding to chase me then quickly turn around to mow them down.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
Raidou
DB Reviewer
Australia

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2015, 02:17:27 AM »

Spoiler (hover to show)

EDIT: Checkpoint 2 reached.  Actually, I got somewhat enthusiastic and am about 2 camps beyond.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 06:52:43 AM by Raidou » Logged
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2015, 10:55:39 PM »

Phew! That last checkpoint was giving me a hard time; I just about threw my hands up in the air ready to quit. But I walked away and tried again a few hours later. Turns out I didn't know Lara has a melee attack. Great way to teach game mechanics.... Sad

techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2015, 12:38:16 AM »

Phew! That last checkpoint was giving me a hard time; I just about threw my hands up in the air ready to quit. But I walked away and tried again a few hours later. Turns out I didn't know Lara has a melee attack. Great way to teach game mechanics.... Sad

i never trust game tutorials, one of the first things i tend to do in games is hit every button to see what happens.
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2015, 07:48:43 AM »

i never trust game tutorials, one of the first things i tend to do in games is hit every button to see what happens.

I used to read manuals religiously before they stopped printing them. I think the issue is more about developers wanting to find that balance between teaching mechanics and having the player discover them.

...Or you can press every button and see what happens

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2015, 07:49:34 AM »

I used to read manuals religiously before they stopped printing them. I think the issue is more about developers wanting to find that balance between teaching mechanics and having the player discover them.

And there is your next article topic.............. Cheesy

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2015, 03:13:41 PM »

well, when i say i don't trust them i don't mean that i don't read the manual or i skip tutorials, i do both of those things thoroughly. i just like to also experiment a bit too and not rely completely on the game telling me every detail.
Raidou
DB Reviewer
Australia

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2015, 09:48:16 PM »

I had a similar problem where I didn't know how to switch weapons for most of week 1.  It's curious what is and isn't taught in-game.

To be fair, this info is in the manual, but I disregarded the manual after I realised it was one of those cruddy 8-page affairs (which usually only exist to tell you how to access PSN).  I miss the days when games came with full colour manuals and artwork T_T .
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2015, 10:35:46 PM »

To be fair, this info is in the manual, but I disregarded the manual after I realised it was one of those cruddy 8-page affairs (which usually only exist to tell you how to access PSN).  I miss the days when games came with full colour manuals and artwork T_T .

I got the game via PS+ and I don't know what digitally distributed games do for manuals.

h1ghw1nd
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2015, 10:44:13 PM »

^ Maybe if you hold down the PS button or press it and press triangle on the game it might be there. I've seen a couple games do that.
techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2015, 11:40:01 PM »

ya probably triangle when you hover over the game icon in the ps3 menu
Neo
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #42 on: April 12, 2015, 09:30:12 PM »

Hi Everyone. I'm new to the site. I've heard good things about this site from "The Beast" Disposed Hero. He told me about the community playthroughs a while back. I've been meaning to get on here and join in on some, just now getting around to it. But I was actually given this game on steam and I've played around with it a little and really enjoyed the "little" I experienced. I always start games and never finish them so I figured these community playthroughs might help me with completing some of the games Ive always wanted to actually beat. I might be a little late to jump on the wagon. But count me in. I'm going to start tonight on this game. I'll be playing on pc via steam. I hope It's not to late to join the playthrough. And just want to say I'm happy to be a part of this site. Seems really cool to me. Look forward to talking with you guys. 

There is no Spoon - Neo
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #43 on: April 12, 2015, 09:32:06 PM »

Welcome to the site! Happy to have you on board with the playthroughs. Smiley

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Neo
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #44 on: April 12, 2015, 09:38:05 PM »

Thanks. I can't wait to get started. This is really just the push I needed. This is a really cool way of playing a game I think. Get to share the experience with other people. This was a great Idea whoever came up with the community playlist idea.

There is no Spoon - Neo
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length