RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:28:27 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | Tomb Raider (2013) - Modern Playthrough - April 2015 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Print
Author Topic: Tomb Raider (2013) - Modern Playthrough - April 2015  (Read 24581 times)
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #45 on: April 13, 2015, 07:16:09 AM »

Welcome to the aboard Neo! Have fun with this one. It's quite a good game, and if you liked the Uncharted series you'll like this.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #46 on: April 13, 2015, 08:59:52 AM »

Hi Everyone. I'm new to the site. I've heard good things about this site from "The Beast" Disposed Hero. He told me about the community playthroughs a while back. I've been meaning to get on here and join in on some, just now getting around to it. But I was actually given this game on steam and I've played around with it a little and really enjoyed the "little" I experienced. I always start games and never finish them so I figured these community playthroughs might help me with completing some of the games Ive always wanted to actually beat. I might be a little late to jump on the wagon. But count me in. I'm going to start tonight on this game. I'll be playing on pc via steam. I hope It's not to late to join the playthrough. And just want to say I'm happy to be a part of this site. Seems really cool to me. Look forward to talking with you guys. 

Oh sure, join the site and don't even play the game I'm hosting this month.  I see how it is....  Just kidding man, have fun with it.

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #47 on: April 13, 2015, 09:10:18 AM »

Alright I've been dying to post this image since the game started and I think I'm safe as far as spoilers in regards to where we are with the checkpoints, but I'll use the spoiler tags anyway.

Spoiler (hover to show)

Neo
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #48 on: April 13, 2015, 12:47:21 PM »

Hi Everyone. I'm new to the site. I've heard good things about this site from "The Beast" Disposed Hero. He told me about the community playthroughs a while back. I've been meaning to get on here and join in on some, just now getting around to it. But I was actually given this game on steam and I've played around with it a little and really enjoyed the "little" I experienced. I always start games and never finish them so I figured these community playthroughs might help me with completing some of the games Ive always wanted to actually beat. I might be a little late to jump on the wagon. But count me in. I'm going to start tonight on this game. I'll be playing on pc via steam. I hope It's not to late to join the playthrough. And just want to say I'm happy to be a part of this site. Seems really cool to me. Look forward to talking with you guys. 

Oh sure, join the site and don't even play the game I'm hosting this month.  I see how it is....  Just kidding man, have fun with it.

You know I would have joined yours man lol...I just don't have that game.

There is no Spoon - Neo
Neo
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #49 on: April 13, 2015, 03:30:55 PM »

Alright I've been dying to post this image since the game started and I think I'm safe as far as spoilers in regards to where we are with the checkpoints, but I'll use the spoiler tags anyway.

Spoiler (hover to show)

Does look remarkably similar.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 02:42:48 AM by Neo » Logged

There is no Spoon - Neo
Neo
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #50 on: April 13, 2015, 03:38:17 PM »

I just wanted to check in. Ive made it to the part where you meet up with Roth. I know I still have a ways to go. But I just wanted to say that this game is BEAUTIFUL! I really love the graphics. My cpu isn't to "up to date" I mean its not a piece of crap either but I can't run this game on the highest graphics settings. I have to put everything on about medium. But wow...graphics really are great. Couldn't imagine how gorgeous it would be on a more high end system. anyway... I'm enjoying the game very much up to this point. Glad I decided to join the playthrough.

There is no Spoon - Neo
Neo
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #51 on: April 14, 2015, 02:56:03 AM »

Another check in. I've made it to the first check point. I might have made it to the second checkpoint, I'm not sure. I don't know how to do the spoiler tag thing yet someone will have to explain it to me when they get on. But *SPOILER ALERT*  - I made it a little bit after you find the SECOND pilot. Not sure if that's after the cavern or before the cavern as far as the checkpoints go. I had the day off from work so I feel I made some good progress. I'm really enjoying the game a lot. A LOT! lol...Having never played this game before I'm really enjoying it guys. This game is right up my alley. I've gotten pretty good with the combat system I'm pulling off some really amazing kills and the gun fights really get my adrenaline going. Really enjoying the story and the sense of adventure up to this point. Can't wait to see how the plot plays out. Good choice for a playthrough. Later guys.

There is no Spoon - Neo
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #52 on: April 14, 2015, 07:25:11 AM »

Well, yours truly started playing last night and was able to get in a few hours of gameplay. The controls remind me a lot of the original Tomb Raider mechanics in terms of the buttons you use and actions you pull off, but WOW, this game is incredibly smooth (not like the old games for sure)! Everything feels right about the controls and boy is this game beautiful.

I really like the premise of going back in time to see Lara and get her history. I'm really hoping that more of her past and details about her family will open up as well. I made it to the 3rd camp last night, right after your group gets captured and you have to use stealth to get away. I have a suspicious feeling about some of my "friends" and wonder if one or a few of them are  involved with the mercenaries on the island. Oh well, I guess I'll have to find out. Smiley

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #53 on: April 14, 2015, 07:27:40 AM »

And oh yeah Shawn, The Decent is a fantastic horror flick. My now wife and I saw it in the theater when it came out. Well, I saw it, her eyes were closed for about 75% of it. It will make you think twice about ever going caving.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #54 on: April 14, 2015, 07:35:21 AM »

Another check in. I've made it to the first check point. I might have made it to the second checkpoint, I'm not sure. I don't know how to do the spoiler tag thing yet someone will have to explain it to me when they get on. But *SPOILER ALERT*  - I made it a little bit after you find the SECOND pilot. Not sure if that's after the cavern or before the cavern as far as the checkpoints go. I had the day off from work so I feel I made some good progress. I'm really enjoying the game a lot. A LOT! lol...Having never played this game before I'm really enjoying it guys. This game is right up my alley. I've gotten pretty good with the combat system I'm pulling off some really amazing kills and the gun fights really get my adrenaline going. Really enjoying the story and the sense of adventure up to this point. Can't wait to see how the plot plays out. Good choice for a playthrough. Later guys.

You can use the spoiler tags by typing in:

Code:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

If you want to know where you are in the game, the main menu on the title screen will show you which location you're currently at. Glad to hear that you're loving this game. It's very solid and well-made. I see why it was such a big hit. Can't wait for the sequel. Smiley

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #55 on: April 14, 2015, 09:46:06 AM »

Spoiler (hover to show)

I've never seen that movie, but I still remember those previews from when it first came out.  That scene in Tomb Raider immediately reminded me of it.

The gunplay in this game is great and the highlight of the game for me.  I never got tired of the combat sections.  It only gets better and better further into the game as you get more weapons and upgrades to work with.

Neo
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #56 on: April 15, 2015, 12:12:05 PM »

The gunplay in this game is great and the highlight of the game for me.  I never got tired of the combat sections.  It only gets better and better further into the game as you get more weapons and upgrades to work with.

Definitely the highlight of the game for me too man. Some of the qte action sequences are some of the best I've ever experienced as well. I made it too checkpoint 2 "The cavern" and
Spoiler (hover to show)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 12:16:40 PM by Neo » Logged

There is no Spoon - Neo
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #57 on: April 15, 2015, 12:14:52 PM »

Fixed your spoiler tags for you Neo. Take a look, and thanks for sharing your thoughts, they are enjoyable to read.

Neo
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #58 on: April 15, 2015, 12:20:28 PM »

Fixed your spoiler tags for you Neo. Take a look, and thanks for sharing your thoughts, they are enjoyable to read.
Thanks Gray Ghost. STill trying to figure it out. Thanks for letting me be part of the site man. It's an honor. and I'm really enjoying sharing the experience with you guys.

There is no Spoon - Neo
Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #59 on: April 15, 2015, 12:29:24 PM »

I'm enjoying the game SO much I think I would put it on my top 5 at least favorite games of all time.

Considering that this will probably be only the 5th game you've ever beaten, that's not too much of a stretch.  Wink

J/k man, I'm glad you're enjoying it, and glad to have you along for the ride.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length