RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:46:45 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | Shining Force - Retro Playthrough - May 2015 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 Print
Author Topic: Shining Force - Retro Playthrough - May 2015  (Read 31287 times)
Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #135 on: May 22, 2015, 08:35:33 AM »

I probably should have mentioned Mae on the podcast.  I used her for the entire game, and felt like she was a very good character.  Anyway, my end game party consisted of:

Spoiler (hover to show)

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #136 on: May 22, 2015, 08:41:21 AM »

My final party consisted of:

Spoiler (hover to show)

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #137 on: May 22, 2015, 06:14:37 PM »

Sorry, didn't notice you were recording last night.  I thought it was tonight!

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #138 on: May 22, 2015, 08:50:26 PM »

Not a problem. We addressed both of your topics. Smiley

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #139 on: May 22, 2015, 10:59:57 PM »

Past Checkpoint 2, on Chapter 6 now!  Woo Hoo!

SMS set complete!
Neo
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #140 on: May 23, 2015, 07:34:38 PM »

oh man...can't wait to hear the playcast. I haven't been able to play the last couple of days. just been busy or tired one of the two it seems. lol...been real busy at work because of memorial day coming up. But Im off Monday and I plan to finish this game sometime next week. I hope I can. Im starting to run out of time lol....Im pretty sure ill manage though. Really enjoyed the game so far though. glad to see everyone else is either finished or right on the verge. Guess im bringing up the rear. Think im on chapter 4. Im trying guys.

There is no Spoon - Neo
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #141 on: May 26, 2015, 10:20:35 PM »

Got Lyle, number 9.

SMS set complete!
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #142 on: May 27, 2015, 07:43:25 AM »

Got Lyle, number 9.

Nice, glad to see a few of you still plugging along. Keep us updated on your progress and share any thoughts you have about the game.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #143 on: May 30, 2015, 07:44:26 AM »

So I finally got a character up to level 20 and than promoted them.  They went back down to level 1 and I was like WTF!  I do like that after the promotion the character looks different and their attack looks different.  A bit refreshing after seeing the same thing over and over again all game.

SMS set complete!
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #144 on: May 30, 2015, 07:46:01 AM »

I had a problem with putting a newly received character in my group later in the game as I was so invested in the earlier characters.  It felt like I was starting over again.

SMS set complete!
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #145 on: May 30, 2015, 07:46:37 AM »

I'm on the battle right after you beat Cain and man, that battle is tough!  I have to do it over again.

SMS set complete!
Neo
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #146 on: May 30, 2015, 05:34:11 PM »

Guys....I hate to do it. But I think I'm going to have to admit defeat on this one. I only have one day left to beat the game and I don't think I have enough time to do it. I really haven't been able to make any progress in the game over the last week. We've been real busy at work lately and I'm being promoted to second man in charge so I've really been putting extra effort at work to just try to shine a little so ive been coming home pretty tired just haven't been in the mood to play to much the last couple of days. I hate to do it. But like I said I don't think im going to be able to finish this one this month. It will be a game I complete probably next month. I really do enjoy the game and I think Ive made it far enough to get a good amount of feel for the game. Im glad I signed up but, just not going to be able to complete it this month guys. I got a late start anyway I think that's the main reason I wasn't able to finish it. I wont let you guys down next month though....sorry guys. I tried.

There is no Spoon - Neo
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #147 on: May 30, 2015, 06:16:07 PM »

No let down at all. Glad to see that people are enjoying the game. Finish it or not, enjoying it with each other is what it's all about. Great month!

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #148 on: May 30, 2015, 11:54:49 PM »

Damn, the battle after Cain with the witch whose name starts with a M is tough!  I've finally beat it after the 5th try.  I'm on Chapter 7 now.  I just figured out you can use rings in battle which is how I finally defeated her.

SMS set complete!
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #149 on: May 31, 2015, 09:12:37 AM »

I'll be honest, I got two big hits in a row from Zylo in that battle. If that wouldn't have happened, I would have wiped. I can assure you that Barkley is the toughest in the game. The adds get tougher, but with some good tactics, you should be able to finish.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length