RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:10:32 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | August Retro Vote: Star Tropics or Little Nemo? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Poll
Question: Which retro game do you want to play in August?
Star Tropics   -3 (33.3%)
Little Nemo: The Dream Master   -6 (66.7%)
Total Voters: 9

Author Topic: August Retro Vote: Star Tropics or Little Nemo?  (Read 4821 times)
MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2015, 08:24:07 PM »

For StarTropics, there is a physical "letter" that came with the game that is essential to passing through a section of the game. If you don't have a copy of the letter, or don't want to damage the one you own, I'll provide the information when it comes time in a spoiler tag.

I remember having to dig the letter out of the garbage, as a kid.

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2015, 06:23:54 AM »

Im going for NEMO because I have it and never played it Smiley

JerryGreenwood
Do you even Sega?
Donor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2015, 06:26:05 AM »

I'm pretty torn on this one.  On the one hand, I've played StarTropics before, and it's a great and unique game.  On the other hand, I've never played Little Nemo, but I've heard good things about it.  And as luck would have it, I don't own either game...

Ditto.

EDIT - I think there is another thread dedicated to this kind of question, but since we're talking about StarTropics here....

Would you consider StarTropics CIB if it didn't include the letter?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 09:38:04 AM by JerryGreenwood » Logged
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2015, 01:23:48 PM »

Sorry, just seeing this, but no, I would not consider it complete with out the letter. CIB stands for: C = cartridge/disc, I = instructions, and B = box.  I consider that letter as one of the most vital instructions as without it (or without looking up the code online), you can't progress.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2015, 01:24:37 PM »

And oh yeah, only 2 more days left on this poll. If you're going to vote, I suggest jumping on it now. Smiley

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2015, 07:37:45 AM »

Looks like we're playing Nemo. Wink

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length