RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:14:31 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | RF Generation Podcasts (Moderators: Crabmaster2000, Duke.Togo, wildbil52) | RF Generation Collectorcast Episode 32 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: RF Generation Collectorcast Episode 32  (Read 29920 times)
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2015, 02:09:25 PM »

Wow, the 32X being the "hardest" system to collect for??? Come on Bil, give an honest answer. Not even close. The NES is much harder and that's even attainable. The answer: the 2600 of course.

EDIT: I wrote this before I heard Duke's answer. High-five buddy.

I'm with Rich on this one. I agree that the 2600 would be the hardest to collect for. So many low print runs and such a huge library.

Mad Wizard is now on my to buy list.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 02:50:18 PM by Addicted » Logged

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2015, 07:58:41 PM »

I'm going to jump in and talk about a completely different thing than you guys have been so far......

How do you have a conversation about the "most important gaming mascot" and not talk about Space Invaders alien and barely accept Pac Man? The Space Invaders guy has become the defacto icon for all of gaming. He's all over the place. Pac Man too. I understand them not being your fav's but they are totally part of the conversation. If there was a top three list with them and Mario, and Mario was third, I wouldn't complain.

Personally though, I would choose the submarine on the box for Silent Service.
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2015, 08:08:24 PM »

There isn't just one Space Invaders alien, so I wouldn't consider that a mascot. Pac-Man though, absolutely. I'm sure there are plenty of great ones out there, but when I think mascots, I think of the mascot wars of the 90s.

You're a good man, Charlie Brown.

nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2015, 08:16:57 PM »

Quote from: Duke
There isn't just one Space Invaders alien....

That's what they want you to think    ninja
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2015, 03:22:08 AM »

Whelp, looks like I've got something to listen to come the end of the first week of June.

Oh, and Duke: I thought of you the other day when I found a big ol' stack of Japanese-language Golgo 13 manga at one of the local thrifts. Which was a good thing, 'cuz I need a reminder every now and then... and I'm always running out of Post-It notes.

Nighters.
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2015, 08:56:42 PM »

It's actually Shaggy from Scooby-Doo.  So next time use the Scooby-Doo voice!  People say I look like him. 
@Duke - You guys went off on a tangent and you never answered the FMV question!  I guess I should have listed a few of my favorite FMV games, Dracula Unleashed and the Sherlock Holmes.  I'm also with Bil on Sewer Shark, rat meat!

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
NeoMagicWarrior
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2015, 09:03:19 PM »

Awesome podcast as always guys! I'm surprised none of the mascot-era games got mentioned (Crash, Rachet, Jak, etc).

Also, If you guys need any help or want company on the CollectorCast "Unplugged", let me know! I'm sure everyone would enjoy a good tabletop discussion!

Always looking for more Xbox Live Friends!!!!
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2015, 09:22:44 PM »

'Norch: There are English versions. Time for you to study your Togo.

I think I did answer the FMV question as no, I don't really like them. Some are so bad it's good, but I'd rather just watch YouTube playthroughs of them. Noted on the Shaggy voice.

You'll have to bug Bil and Crabby on the board game show idea.

bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2015, 11:11:53 PM »

I'm going to jump in and talk about a completely different thing than you guys have been so far......

How do you have a conversation about the "most important gaming mascot" and not talk about Space Invaders alien and barely accept Pac Man? The Space Invaders guy has become the defacto icon for all of gaming. He's all over the place. Pac Man too. I understand them not being your fav's but they are totally part of the conversation. If there was a top three list with them and Mario, and Mario was third, I wouldn't complain.

I remember the exact same conversation happening across several episodes of Retro Gaming Roundup, with SolCal Mike being on the Pac Man side of the argument.  My two cents is that Pac Man] once upon a time was the icon of what video games were, but since then Space Invaders alien has managed to penetrate more into the mind of popular culture.

Am I the crazy one of does anyone else think we need an Activision-style patch for RFGen?  Or maybe even a series of patches?

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2015, 11:26:24 PM »

'Norch: There are English versions. Time for you to study your Togo.

Give me a mome while I write that down on a Post-It--

Oh... right.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2015, 09:58:11 AM »

I thought the same, when I saw Crabby I said to myself, "Self, that voice and face do not go together."  laugh

SMS set complete!
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2015, 01:12:16 PM »

The Rise of Amondus demo can be found at:

http://slydogstudios.org/...-of-amondus-demo-release/

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Crabmaster2000
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2015, 01:12:58 PM »

Awesome podcast as always guys! I'm surprised none of the mascot-era games got mentioned (Crash, Rachet, Jak, etc).

Also, If you guys need any help or want company on the CollectorCast "Unplugged", let me know! I'm sure everyone would enjoy a good tabletop discussion!

We were watching the old Crash advertisements in the store last week. They are so funny.

I thought the same, when I saw Crabby I said to myself, "Self, that voice and face do not go together."  laugh

Head down to Connecticut in the fall for Bil's Expo and you can hopefully see the freak show that is Crabby live in action!

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2015, 01:54:20 PM »

I thought the same, when I saw Crabby I said to myself, "Self, that voice and face do not go together."  laugh
Head down to Connecticut in the fall for Bil's Expo and you can hopefully see the freak show that is Crabby live in action!

Man, I wish I could.  If I wasn't married I would.

SMS set complete!
Crabmaster2000
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2015, 02:01:27 PM »

I thought the same, when I saw Crabby I said to myself, "Self, that voice and face do not go together."  laugh

Man, I wish I could.  If I wasn't married I would.

WHOA! That's not the kind of action I was referring to Wink

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length