RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 13, 2024, 04:28:00 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | Mega Man 2 & 3 - Retro Playthrough - June 2015 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14 Print
Author Topic: Mega Man 2 & 3 - Retro Playthrough - June 2015  (Read 37232 times)
russlyman
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #120 on: June 15, 2015, 10:31:45 AM »

ok I'm def jumping on this tonight. It has been some time. I know I always end up getting stuck at some parts in the Wiley castle.

Now your playing with power!
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #121 on: June 15, 2015, 01:50:58 PM »

I eventually gave up on the Heatman stage because of that long series of disappearing/reappearing platforms (the bane of all Mega Man games), and figure I'll pick back up on my next play through.

I didn't even attempt to do that platforming section.  I just bypassed it using Item-2.  Anybody else do this?

I usually abuse RushJet in MM3 on such sections.  Which stage do you get Item 2 at the end of?  Maybe I'll go tackle that one first and come back to Heatman Grin

Defeating Airman gives you the Item 2

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
JerryGreenwood
Do you even Sega?
Donor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #122 on: June 15, 2015, 03:24:45 PM »

I've officially declared that it's hopeless to beat MM3 by only using the Mega Buster and no e-tanks. The rehashed MM2 robot masters, save Metal Man, are literally impossible.

I think I still have a chance at MM2 on Difficult. I can get up to the Boss Gauntlet room, but it wore me out and I turned it off.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 03:26:24 PM by JerryGreenwood » Logged
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #123 on: June 15, 2015, 07:26:49 PM »

I eventually gave up on the Heatman stage because of that long series of disappearing/reappearing platforms (the bane of all Mega Man games), and figure I'll pick back up on my next play through.

I didn't even attempt to do that platforming section.  I just bypassed it using Item-2.  Anybody else do this?

I usually abuse RushJet in MM3 on such sections.  Which stage do you get Item 2 at the end of?  Maybe I'll go tackle that one first and come back to Heatman Grin

I used item 2, also.  You get after beating Air Man.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 12:39:16 AM by shaggy » Logged

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
JerryGreenwood
Do you even Sega?
Donor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #124 on: June 16, 2015, 06:08:48 AM »

Definitely. MM1 is by far the hardest.
MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #125 on: June 16, 2015, 01:48:40 PM »

Definitely. MM1 is by far the hardest.

I can vouch for that via the Mega Man Powered Up.  I haven't beat the original game, but MMPU is also hard as nails, and it's only by being able to milk extra lives in the Oil Man stage and having them available to get through Wily's Castle that I was able to complete that game a few months back.  Holy cow, that's hard!

Thanks for the tip on the Airman stage, guys.  I think I beat that level already, so I'll have to double-check, because I only have Item 3 currently...

MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #126 on: June 17, 2015, 12:14:37 AM »

I'm not afraid to admit I'm abusing the save feature on Mega Man 2, especially in Wily's Castle. I'm stuck on the 4th area boss, the room with the wall cannon things and all the pillars you have to break. I always run out of Crash Missiles before I can take out the last cannon, even if I avoid hitting a couple of the pillars. Not quite sure what to do...

Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #127 on: June 17, 2015, 08:46:21 AM »

I'm not afraid to admit I'm abusing the save feature on Mega Man 2, especially in Wily's Castle. I'm stuck on the 4th area boss, the room with the wall cannon things and all the pillars you have to break. I always run out of Crash Missiles before I can take out the last cannon, even if I avoid hitting a couple of the pillars. Not quite sure what to do...

I ended up looking at a Youtube video for that part, but from what I can tell, you only have just enough Crash Missiles to break all of the cannons and every pillar that's necessary to break.  You can bypass a few of the pillars by using Item 1.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #128 on: June 17, 2015, 01:47:41 PM »

And place a bomb in between pillars to take out 2 at a time. If you place a bomb on the wall ledge between the two bottom right pillars, you can destroy both at the same time.

Another trick, blow up all the pillars, fill up crash bombers and come back. Pillars will no longer be there.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 01:52:25 PM by singlebanana » Logged

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #129 on: June 17, 2015, 01:51:43 PM »

And place a bomb in between walls to take out 2 at a time.

That's what I was thinking, just not sure which one or where to place it.  That's not an easy obstacle for sure Smiley

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #130 on: June 17, 2015, 01:53:50 PM »

Revised post above Josh

JerryGreenwood
Do you even Sega?
Donor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #131 on: June 17, 2015, 02:53:35 PM »

Those are interesting tactics for the "wall" boss. I didn't think about blowing up 2 pillars with 1 bomb. I've always just blown up the necessary walls and was left with no weapon energy.
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #132 on: June 17, 2015, 04:49:01 PM »

I always just use the Item 1 to get around the walls on that boss. You will have just enough. You can also use the menu to blink through the projectiles.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #133 on: June 17, 2015, 05:01:41 PM »

Those are interesting tactics for the "wall" boss. I didn't think about blowing up 2 pillars with 1 bomb. I've always just blown up the necessary walls and was left with no weapon energy.

I've always done that and never given it a second thought.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #134 on: June 17, 2015, 09:30:08 PM »

What are you playing on?

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length