RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 01:19:18 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | E3 2015 Discussions 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: E3 2015 Discussions  (Read 3228 times)
slackur
Blog Writer

Stats
« on: June 16, 2015, 08:29:28 AM »

I have to say, my inner fanboy was squealing inside many times.

A 30 game Rare collection with Battletoads Arcade and stuff many Americans never played, like the Sabrewulf series?  Sold.  Between that, naturally a new Halo and more Gears, and some backwards compatibility, and my One will finally get turned on for more than Peggle 2 and Blu-Rays.

And after Sony's Last Guardian reveal, Horizon (Monster Hunter+Enslaved=ROBOT DINOSAURS FTW), No Man's Sky, (I claim it, Little Prince style!) FF7 remake, (alright, I thought I wouldn't be excited, but then like the new Star Wars, show me a trailer and I start getting those goose bumps) the trippy, original Dreams (I hope we just don't get lots of obscenity) and a huge Kickstarter push for Shenmue 3, I gotta say I was much more into E3's games than the last few years combined.

Maybe someone slipped something in my Mello Yello, but I was really feeling it this E3 for the first time in awhile.  Anyone else?  Anyone?  Bueller?

Keelah se'lai
Disposed Hero
Blog Editor
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2015, 08:47:55 AM »

I haven't stayed completely up to date on E3 like I was hoping to, but I did watch the entirety of the Bethesda conference.  Doom and Fallout 4 look great, really looking forward to those.

I was surprised by the XBone/X360 backwards compatibility announcement.  It's cool that they're finally doing that.  I was never that hyped over Last Guardian (wasn't a huge fan of Ico/SotC), but it's cool that it's finally getting a release date.  The FF7 remake could be awesome, but honestly I'm skeptical that Square-Enix won't screw it up somehow.

But the biggest announcement so far for me is the Shenmue III Kickstarter (which has already reached its goal)!  I've been waiting for a Shenmue continuation since I played Shenmue II back in the day, and I'd given up hope.  It's funny, but a friend of mine and I were just talking about what games we were hoping to see at E3, and I brought up Shenmue (mostly in jest), and then we started talking about all the financial trouble this series has had and how it's unlikely to be brought back because of that.  And then my friend said the magic words "Why don't they just do a Kickstarter for it?"  We didn't think it would actually happen!

Anyway, E3 has been pretty exciting so far, and I've already got quite a bit to get caught up on.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 08:53:17 AM by Disposed Hero » Logged

MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2015, 10:30:51 AM »

I didn't watch the Microsoft yesterday, as I came off nightshift and went to sleep right away. Sony had me pretty happy though with Last Guardian, FF7remake, and No Man's Sky.

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2015, 10:43:17 AM »

What, no Elite: Dangerous hype slackur?

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2015, 11:31:11 AM »

WE'RE FINALLY GOING TO FIND THOSE DAMN SAILORS!

https://www.kickstarter.c.../shenmue-3?ref=nav_search

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
slackur
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2015, 11:56:20 AM »

What, no Elite: Dangerous hype slackur?
I have that on my 'very interested' list, alongside Fallout 4, the new Doom, the new Star Fox, and a few others.

Keelah se'lai
MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2015, 01:58:17 PM »

The Xbone/360 thing is cool, though I only just got a 360 a couple months back, and only have 3 games for it, including the crappy Burger King bumper car demo, so I'm not invested in that atm.  Sony's getting my attention, however, with the FF7 remake, some interest cross-platform stuff like that new EA "cutesy" game that looks like it might be fun, and of course, the new Ratchet & Clank game.  I'm still all-in on Nintendo's Wii U for now, but within the next year, a PS4 *could* be on my wishlist, or perhaps an Xbox One, depending on additional exclusives over the next year.  I'm trying to focus much more on Wii U games, and my Game Boy collection, though, so who knows?  I may not spend much money on new gaming at all over the next year.

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2015, 04:14:50 PM »

I'm saving my thoughts for the show, but it's interesting to hear what games people are excited about.

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2015, 05:25:41 PM »

I'll share my thoughts since the PlayCast doesn't have an E3 episode (unless there's a crossover episode Wink ).

Microsoft had a great presence. They had a great lineup of games, and no mention of Kinect. Sony didn't do so well and they put a lot of hope into the FF7 remake and the Last Guardian announcement the rest was kind boring. That doesn't mean there aren't PS4 games I psyched about. If you ask me Bethesda had my as giddy as a school girl.

I've sorted all the announced games into "Pre-Order" and "Buy Eventually" columns.

In my Pre-Order list I have:
Fallout 4 (love that Pip Boy edition)
Star Fox Zero
Fire Emblem Fates
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Last Guardian

and in my Buy Eventually list:
Mass Effect 4
Yoshi's Wooly World
Horizon
FF7
Rise of the Tomb Raider

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2015, 08:21:52 PM »

This has got to be the most "pigs are flying, hell is freezing over" E3 of all time.

EDIT: I think the most exciting thing for me has got to be Nier 2 honestly. And it's going to be developed by Platinum? Take all my money. If you haven't played the first one, do yourself a favor and check it out.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 08:28:32 PM by GrayGhost81 » Logged

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2015, 08:50:51 PM »

Since there was a new Meg Turney photo shoot all i remember from E3 now is

FF7 Remake (which would have sold me a PS3 if it got made instead of just being a tech demo)
Backwards Compatibility (which should have been there from launch)
Rare Collection (great price point, ton of games TEN THOUSAND GAMERSCORE?!?)

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2015, 08:55:54 PM »

Really interested in Sea of Thieves, nice to see a new Rare IP!

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2015, 12:31:42 PM »

http://www.giantbomb.com/...3-2015-day-01/2300-10378/

Around 2:07:00 they start talking about how they are making backward compatibility work for 360 games.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 12:35:00 PM by Addicted » Logged

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2015, 01:53:25 PM »

Forgot to mention the Transformers Devastation game looks AMAZING.  Too bad I don't have a console it will run on Sad

But seriously, that game made me want to go out and buy old school Transformers on eBay, that's how much I'd love to play that game.

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2015, 04:32:33 PM »

http://www.giantbomb.com/...3-2015-day-01/2300-10378/

Around 2:07:00 they start talking about how they are making backward compatibility work for 360 games.

Video didn't play for me. From what I can tell playing games with backwards compatibility, it's just running the 360 OS like a virtual machine. When you play a 360 game it goes to a 360 boot screen, then right into the game. You also get 360 pop-up notifications just like when you signed in.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length