RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 10:31:21 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | Dust Protector Hunting 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Dust Protector Hunting  (Read 3053 times)
Atari6600
Memorex VIS

Stats
« on: July 20, 2015, 10:14:33 AM »

So I was recently poking around on Amazon looking for Dust Protectors for my Super Nintendo cartridges (I keep them in shoe boxes right now to prevent them from getting dusty and such) and I discovered that the only bulk is six packs.  I have roughly thirty-four to thirty-seven Super Nintendo games.

I'd prefer to buy in bulk.  Let's round off and say I'd like to be able to purchase 40 dust protectors at once.  So here's my question: Does anyone know any good, and low priced, online retailers where I can purchase a large bulk of Super Nintendo cartridge dust protectors?

Thanks in advance.
tactical_nuke
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2015, 02:12:14 PM »

This is relevant to my interests as well.
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2015, 05:33:59 PM »

http://www.videogameboxpr...tors.com/store/4569532134

this site has everything, not just super nintendo...browse their store if you want anything else too, and i've ordered from them twice now, happy with the service and product both times. though be aware that i did find a small number of defective ones, but it was less than 10 in an order of 200.
Atari6600
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2015, 08:56:29 PM »

Awesome.  I'll definitely make sure to check them out Cheesy
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2015, 06:45:01 AM »

http://www.videogameboxpr...tors.com/store/4569532134

this site has everything, not just super nintendo...browse their store if you want anything else too, and i've ordered from them twice now, happy with the service and product both times. though be aware that i did find a small number of defective ones, but it was less than 10 in an order of 200.

I second Jim's store.  I've purchased from him several times and like the shiny look of the games when they are in the box protectors. Silent Service never looked better.

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
tactical_nuke
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2015, 03:31:03 PM »

This site is great but I think OP is looking for the official dust sleeves that came with every cartridge originally. The ones that cover just the bottom opening of the cart.
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2015, 03:46:43 PM »

Are you looking for official, or third party ones? Lukie Games is running a deal now with 20 for $35, and these are the official ones:
http://www.lukiegames.com...0-Dust-Covers_p_4331.html

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2015, 04:21:32 PM »

This site is great but I think OP is looking for the official dust sleeves that came with every cartridge originally. The ones that cover just the bottom opening of the cart.

ah rereading the OP now i see that you're probably right, though personally i find that the official ones for nes or snes are pretty much garbage if you want real dust protection. snes is better than nes for that though.
Atari6600
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2015, 09:11:31 AM »

I'm not sure which ones I have just that they seem to work ok.  Right now I'm keeping my games in two shoe boxes but since I have more games on my list to obtain I'm starting to run out of room lol.  It's the ones that slip on like a cap and have that square logo with the four elipses for a logo.
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2015, 12:25:52 AM »

I'm not sure which ones I have just that they seem to work ok.  Right now I'm keeping my games in two shoe boxes but since I have more games on my list to obtain I'm starting to run out of room lol.  It's the ones that slip on like a cap and have that square logo with the four elipses for a logo.

ahh you want the official ones then, i don't know if you could find those in bulk...and the 6 packs that you already found may or may not be reproduction, if that bothers you at all. your best bet is to maybe start a WTB topic in the sale forum here or keep browsing ebay and see if any show up. otherwise i'm not sure...the ones i linked to earlier were different from what you were thinking, but i find them better because they encase the entire cartridge.
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2015, 07:33:55 PM »

I've got 10 I can sell you. I'll be generous. Wink

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2015, 07:45:15 PM »

The ones I posted earlier are the official ones.

russlyman
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2015, 10:30:10 AM »

These rarely come through the game store I work at. We have tons of NES dust sleeves

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now your playing with power!
Atari6600
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2015, 02:30:03 PM »

Question about Lukie Games.  How often do they stock the bulk of dust protectors?  I'm on a budget so I don't know if I can purchase them this month or not, but I also don't want to miss out if I can purchase at a later date.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length