RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:20:40 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Odyssey Homebrew 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Odyssey Homebrew  (Read 1667 times)
KangaRump
N-Gage

WWW Stats
« on: July 28, 2015, 09:14:42 PM »

I saw a few ... I liked them so, I am officially making one ... so far, it's a lot like risk and civilization with the odyssey being used to help with some aspects of the game... sorry if this doesn't belong here ... just wanted to officially announce it here. :3
MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2015, 02:32:48 PM »

Are you making this for the original Odyssey, or the Odyssey2?

KangaRump
N-Gage

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2015, 03:01:43 PM »

Are you making this for the original Odyssey, or the Odyssey2?

The Original Odyssey, I posted a bit about it on my game studio blog. here ---> http://kangarump.blogspot...eaus-war-coming-soon.html

* 11721885_10204652245122836_2063819455_n.jpg (50.28 KB, 462x471 - viewed 178 times.)
MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2015, 09:04:37 AM »

Interesting that you'd choose the less functional Odyssey over its superior brethren.  I'm actually fortunate enough to have played an Odyssey, since a neighbor (when I was a kid) had one, and we played around with it some.  Unfortunately, as AVGN pointed out, it's less a video game system, and more a hybrid, much like DVD board games.  You move a dot around the screen, corresponding to the overlay you're using, and use the rest of the provided materials (game board, dice, cards, etc.) to play the game.  One assumes your game will be some kind of strategy game?

KangaRump
N-Gage

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2015, 03:53:53 PM »

Interesting that you'd choose the less functional Odyssey over its superior brethren.  I'm actually fortunate enough to have played an Odyssey, since a neighbor (when I was a kid) had one, and we played around with it some.  Unfortunately, as AVGN pointed out, it's less a video game system, and more a hybrid, much like DVD board games.  You move a dot around the screen, corresponding to the overlay you're using, and use the rest of the provided materials (game board, dice, cards, etc.) to play the game.  One assumes your game will be some kind of strategy game?

Yes, I chose to start of with the Odyssey 1 for two reasons ...

1. It's the first game made by my studio ... so ... why not start with all firsts ... the game by us for the first home game console. I will probably release a game for the Odyssey^2 as well *hint hint* as of right now ... we are developing 5 games [1 for Odyssey 1; 1 for Atari 2600; 2 for MS DOS; 1 for PC/Steam] but we do plan on an Odyssey^2 maze type game and an RPG for the SNES

2. The Second reason I'm making it for the Odyssey 1 is I made a board game version of the game and decided to make it more interesting. I will probably release the standard board game version also, for those who do not own an Odyssey.

Yes, the game I am creating is strategy based. you must build your funds by selling resources, but you must also save enough for domestic use. and the funds can be used to purchase more military units and to buy resources you dont have from another play for an x amount of turns.and you need to conquer all of the other players countries on the map to win. The game is a 2- 6 player game. (6 players is TONS more fun because all of the countries are occupied).
MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2015, 09:25:03 AM »

I wish you luck in your development, and success in your product rollout.  I'll be curious to see what you come up with.

ScottyDont00
Memorex VIS
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2015, 10:05:26 AM »

1. It's the first game made by my studio ... so ... why not start with all firsts ... the game by us for the first home game console. I will probably release a game for the Odyssey^2 as well *hint hint* as of right now ... we are developing 5 games [1 for Odyssey 1; 1 for Atari 2600; 2 for MS DOS; 1 for PC/Steam] but we do plan on an Odyssey^2 maze type game and an RPG for the SNES

2. The Second reason I'm making it for the Odyssey 1 is I made a board game version of the game and decided to make it more interesting. I will probably release the standard board game version also, for those who do not own an Odyssey.

Yes, the game I am creating is strategy based. you must build your funds by selling resources, but you must also save enough for domestic use. and the funds can be used to purchase more military units and to buy resources you dont have from another play for an x amount of turns.and you need to conquer all of the other players countries on the map to win. The game is a 2- 6 player game. (6 players is TONS more fun because all of the countries are occupied).

If you are planning an Odyssey 2 Homebrew at some point you might want to join this forum if you are not a member already.

If need advise or help this is the place:

http://videopac.nl/forum/index.php

They have a great database of previous releases and lots of people willing to test and give great constructive feedback.

Also an instant boost to your sales if the game looks good and tests good.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 10:07:14 AM by ScottyDont00 » Logged

We're all victims of our gene pool. Someone must have peed in yours. - Walter Bishop
KangaRump
N-Gage

WWW Stats
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2015, 02:05:23 PM »

I wish you luck in your development, and success in your product rollout.  I'll be curious to see what you come up with.

Thank you! :3.

If you are planning an Odyssey 2 Homebrew at some point you might want to join this forum if you are not a member already.

If need advise or help this is the place:

http://videopac.nl/forum/index.php

They have a great database of previous releases and lots of people willing to test and give great constructive feedback.

Also an instant boost to your sales if the game looks good and tests good.

Thank you very much, I've never heard of the forum, it will help me out a lot.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length