RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 04:19:27 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Interest in a Small Scores Podcast 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Interest in a Small Scores Podcast  (Read 6274 times)
Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« on: August 10, 2015, 10:45:54 PM »

Hey everyone Fokakis here,

I noticed reading one of the Playthrough Podcast topics that people are interested in a Small Scores Podcast. I believe Techie brought it up, and it sounded like Fleach, and Duke were supporting it. I hope I am not stepping on any toes here, I just noticed nobody else is able to do it. However, I am willing to do it.

With that being said, I am thinking of starting a Small Scores Podcast. I will host it, but I need a co-host to help out with Podcast, because people would get bored hearing just my voice the whole podcast. Preferable I would like to have Me and two others host the podcast each month.  So if you are interested in co-hosting this Podcast with me please PM me. Would love to find people who have done podcast before, but no worries if you haven't. We can learn together!!!

Also, I would love to get input/help on editing, hosting, uploading podcasts.

I am formulating a plan on how the show will work

If I am stepping on toes, please let me know, and I won't move forward.

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2015, 12:56:00 AM »

Ah, so the CollectorCast just might get a spinoff, huh? And just when I'd given up hope.

I'd be more than happy to contribute in the best way possible: by picking up and showing off the most awesome scores for you to fall all over yourselves showering them in an unending avalanche of praise and adulation, with a dollop of envy. How's that sound, huh?

Actually, I have an idea I've been sitting on for a few years now, and have discussed with the CollectorCast cohosts on a couple occasions via PM. I'll shoot this idea over to you, and you can tell me what you think...

- 'Late
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2015, 02:25:13 AM »

yes! i approve. i hope the collectorcast guys are cool with the idea too because i think it's something that everyone wants but they already have a fairly full show with only the main topics in their's alone, let alone this behemoth of a segment.

after my time working on the playcast i don't think i would want to co-host again...not that i didn't enjoy doing it, but it is time consuming and i don't feel motivated enough to commit to anything. if you'd like any tips about editing though send me a PM and i can let you know whatever you need to know, though Duke has a lot more experience with it i'm sure and he probably has even more tricks.

uploading is easy enough, after doing it once or twice you'll get the hang of it, the hardest part is deciding where you want the show to be hosted. podomatic, itunes, and youtube work well for the playcast, but there's a ton of other options out there too.

my only suggestion for the show itself is maybe consider doing short episodes more frequently? it might make keeping up with the small scores thread more manageable if you did a 30 - 60 minute episode every 2 weeks, instead of a 1 - 2 hour episode once a month.
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2015, 07:30:11 AM »

I'd be more than happy to contribute in the best way possible: by picking up and showing off the most awesome scores for you to fall all over yourselves showering them in an unending avalanche of praise and adulation, with a dollop of envy. How's that sound, huh?

You just had to rub it in, didn't you?  With the Collector Cast having a full plate and not being able to do the Small Scores regularly, I think this is a great idea.  Love it!

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2015, 07:48:21 AM »

Happy to share recording, storage, equipment, and other ideas with you if you are able to move ahead with this.  If you are looking for a place to host your feed, I suggest PodBean -- unlimited storage and bandwidth for $8 a month if you pay for the year, and $10 a month if you pay month-to-month. You can use this feed to tap into iTunes and Stitcher and other sites.  It's a good idea for a podcast, but of course, my plate is super full with my duties here at the moment. Plus, I can't really speak too much on modern titles. Good luck!

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2015, 10:00:10 AM »

I havent seen you pick up anything good in a long time. Smiley

I would listen to the small scores podcast.

Wempster
Donor
United States
Awards: 2016 RFGen Top Wheelman

WWW Stats
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2015, 11:47:58 AM »

I would absolutely listen to a small scores podcast!
Ikariniku
Atari 7800

Stats
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2015, 03:28:49 PM »

Hey everyone Fokakis here,

I noticed reading one of the Playthrough Podcast topics that people are interested in a Small Scores Podcast. I believe Techie brought it up, and it sounded like Fleach, and Duke were supporting it. I hope I am not stepping on any toes here, I just noticed nobody else is able to do it. However, I am willing to do it.

With that being said, I am thinking of starting a Small Scores Podcast. I will host it, but I need a co-host to help out with Podcast, because people would get bored hearing just my voice the whole podcast. Preferable I would like to have Me and two others host the podcast each month.  So if you are interested in co-hosting this Podcast with me please PM me. Would love to find people who have done podcast before, but no worries if you haven't. We can learn together!!!

Also, I would love to get input/help on editing, hosting, uploading podcasts.

I am formulating a plan on how the show will work

If I am stepping on toes, please let me know, and I won't move forward.

I see I'm not the only one who had this idea.  Unlike Fokakis, I was going to do this guerrilla style, producing it in secret and just posting the results for all to see.  However, if Fokakis is looking for cohosts, maybe we can join our efforts.

I don't have any set in stone work done yet, but I have researched ways to do podcasts cheaply and easily, so maybe I can add something other than mellifluous tones to this project.  I think this could be an interesting "podcast for beginners", which was exactly my reason for wanting to take on this challenge.

So, hit me up, Fokakis.

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2015, 03:48:11 PM »

Hey, I just realized something: you gotta find a way to get Duke.Togo on board somehow. His indignant responses to the mispronunciations of game titles is the stuff of legend.

Nanners is no stranger to Duke's wrath:

https://www.youtube.com/e...d/r1jZX2CShII?start=10308

(the fun starts at 2:51:46)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2015, 03:53:42 PM »

Hey, I just realized something: you gotta find a way to get Duke.Togo on board somehow. His indignant responses to the mispronunciations of game titles is the stuff of legend.

That's just how we pronounce that s@#t in the South...........

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2015, 04:07:12 PM »

That's just how we pronounce that s@#t in the South...........

I thought it was the unnecessary apostrophe on the early releases?  Grin

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2015, 04:13:26 PM »

I blame the cartridge too.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2015, 04:19:07 PM »

This was one of my first podcasts and I wasn't very comfortable. If Duke corrected me today, I would have responded with, "Why don't you Y's on deez nutz?"

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2015, 08:47:07 PM »

Someone has to school these fools.

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2015, 01:20:04 AM »

Someone has to school these fools.

So, um... does this mean you're in? Pretty please? Come on, you know you wanna do it. Give in to the tasty temptation...

ANYway, Here's an idea that's probably too labor-intensive to ever happen, but I'll put it out there none the less:

For the YouTube upload of the podcast-- should it ever happen-- why not display the pics of the scores on the screen as you're discussing them? You can call it the "small scores slideshow." It'll help make the YouTube version of the 'cast stand apart from its audio-only stitcher/podcastpickle/what-have-you counterparts...
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length