RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:39:55 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | RF Generation Podcasts (Moderators: Crabmaster2000, Duke.Togo, wildbil52) | RF Generation Collectorcast Episode 34 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: RF Generation Collectorcast Episode 34  (Read 18384 times)
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« on: August 16, 2015, 09:34:12 AM »

Collectorcast Episode 34: S-H-I-Poo

Episode 34 discussion thread: http://www.rfgeneration.c...rum/index.php?topic=15905

We're back with more of your questions! You've come up with some fantastic ones this time, and we're excited to dig in. We also catch up on Bil's arcade and preparations for RetroWorld Expo.

Get the show at http://www.collectorcast.com
Follow the Collectorcast on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Collectorcast
Like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Collectorcast
On Stitcher (enter Promo Code RFGeneration): http://www.stitcher.com/RFGeneration
On iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/u...collectorcast/id524246060
On YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/c/Collectorcast

Show Notes
Music: Final Fantasy V (SFC)
Q & A - 9:57
Topic - 1:24:29
Outro - 2:41:14
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 08:42:09 PM by Duke.Togo » Logged

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2015, 05:56:15 PM »

Dude, Ninja Warriors is so awesome!  The SNES port wasn't even close. Sincerely, Roll n' Slice

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2015, 08:44:59 PM »

Dude, Ninja Warriors is so awesome!  The SNES port wasn't even close. Sincerely, Roll n' Slice

Seriously. This is all you need to know:

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2015, 09:14:55 PM »

I also want to say that I greatly appreciate the shout out. I know people here appreciate the work I do and many of them have told me at different times and in their own way.  Still, that was really nice to hear. I love this place, I love the members, and I'm greatly looking forward to hanging out with good friends in October. Smiley

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2015, 10:17:22 PM »

Really glad to have you as acting EIC Rich. Even when you can't pronounce Ys. :p

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2015, 03:03:28 PM »

Poor Bill and his Spiderman.... hopefully one day you will find a copy.

Ninja Warriors is a good choice Duke!

If you ever get a chance play Dragon Ball Z VR VS. It reminds me a lot of Punch-Out.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 03:21:51 PM by Addicted » Logged

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2015, 07:13:18 PM »

They made a decent Dragonball Z game??

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2015, 07:12:50 AM »

@Duke: I'm as surprised as you but yes.

RetroWorld Expo sounds great! I wish I could go.  Undecided

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2015, 03:41:06 PM »

I'm sorry, guys, but... you thought Perfect Strangers was a good show? Seriously? Now, don't get me wrong: I used to watch it on a semi-regular basis myself when it first aired, and I found it somewhat enjoyable at the time. But then I watched a sampler DVD with a couple episodes on it a few years back... and found myself downright mortified that I'd wasted my life watching such soul-crushingly unfunny crapola. I beg you, people, for your dignity-- any, your sanity: do NOT take Bil & Duke's advice to watch reruns of the show on YouTube! Or anywhere else for that matter.  Sad

BTW the only other thing I saw Bronson Pinchot in was this horrible comedy movie called Second Sight, starring John Larroquette. You know, the horndog D.A. from Night Court, AKA a 1980s sitcom that's actually bearable to watch?  Tongue

BTW Fisher Stevens is the name of "that guy" from Short Circuit. God, it's sad that I remember that name off the top of my head.

And as much as I hate kids, allowing them to watch Full House should be considered a form of child abuse. Though not as egregious as letting them watch Saved by the Bell...

Speaking of Alanis Morisette: she did a appear for a season or two on one my all-time fave childhood shows, You Can't Do That on Television! If you're wondering where Nickelodeon's signature green slime came from, it was from this cheesy Canadian import...

Other than that... um, great work on the OTC Games infomercial there, guys. Pushed your acting chops to the limit there.  Wink
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2015, 04:33:35 PM »

I'm sorry, guys, but... you thought Perfect Strangers was a good show? Seriously? Now, don't get me wrong: I used to watch it on a semi-regular basis myself when it first aired, and I found it somewhat enjoyable at the time. But then I watched a sampler DVD with a couple episodes on it a few years back... and found myself downright mortified that I'd wasted my life watching such soul-crushingly unfunny crapola. I beg you, people, for your dignity-- any, your sanity: do NOT take Bil & Duke's advice to watch reruns of the show on YouTube! Or anywhere else for that matter.  Sad

BTW the only other thing I saw Bronson Pinchot in was this horrible comedy movie called Second Sight, starring John Larroquette. You know, the horndog D.A. from Night Court, AKA a 1980s sitcom that's actually bearable to watch?  Tongue

I completely remember watching this now that you mentioned it. I don't think I'll bother to track a copy down though.

Speaking of Alanis Morisette: she did a appear for a season or two on one my all-time fave childhood shows, You Can't Do That on Television! If you're wondering where Nickelodeon's signature green slime came from, it was from this cheesy Canadian import...

I watched this show so much as a kid...

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2015, 07:03:42 PM »

Nice try, pal, but unless I've been poisoned and need to immediately induce vomiting, I am absolutely NOT watching that video.

I completely remember watching this now that you mentioned it. I don't think I'll bother to track a copy down though.

That is the correct answer.

I watched this show so much as a kid...

As did I. It was the main reason I tuned into Nick during the 80s. The infamous "Don't encourage your mother/father" catchphrase became a staple bit of banter in my own household for many years thanks to that show...

I recall a few years after YCDTOTV ended, a few of the show's alums were on some other dumb Nick sketch-comedy show-thingy with the aforementioned Dave Coulier. Sadly, I don't recall the show's name...

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2015, 07:36:21 PM »

BTW Fisher Stevens is the name of "that guy" from Short Circuit. God, it's sad that I remember that name off the top of my head.

And as much as I hate kids, allowing them to watch Full House should be considered a form of child abuse. Though not as egregious as letting them watch Saved by the Bell...

Other than that... um, great work on the OTC Games infomercial there, guys. Pushed your acting chops to the limit there.  Wink

Night Court was pretty good but YCDTOTV is awesome!  I loved watching that on Nickleodean.  Awesome show which I wish would be on Amazon prime and on DVD!  Alanis was on for 1 season.  As a side note, tying Full House together with YCCDTOTV, supposedly You Oughta Know was written about Dave Coulier who played Joey on Full House.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2015, 07:40:18 PM »

I recall a few years after YCDTOTV ended, a few of the show's alums were on some other dumb Nick sketch-comedy show-thingy with the aforementioned Dave Coulier. Sadly, I don't recall the show's name...

Was this on Nick?  I don't recall this.

SMS set complete!
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2015, 08:29:51 PM »

Was this on Nick?  I don't recall this.

Might have been Turkey TV.

In any case, it's kinda sad that broadcast rights and copyright issues have kept us from getting a proper release of YCDTOTV on Blu-Ray up to the present day. YouTube is pretty much the only place you can catch episodes originally recorded on VHS tape, most likely in SLP/EP mode for that extra-low-res tracky look we kids of the 80s all know and love. 

ANYway, switching topics to Bil's in-laws' substitute curses: I use a few of my own, including "son of a biscuit-eater," and "oh, fudge-nuts." Something to think about while you're singing along to AC/DC's "Highway to Heck."  Tongue
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2015, 07:18:38 AM »

I have never sold any of my games except for once when I was a kid.  Kings Knight complete for NES for $5.  I have never traded a game that wasn't a double.  I've kept all my games from when I was a kid, all complete in box (including NES & SNES).  Once I get my crap from my parents, I will post my treasure trove of "small scores" (which really aren't small score). I could never get myself to throw those NES & SNES boxes away and now I'm glad I didn't.

SMS set complete!
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length