RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 04:37:30 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | Metal Gear Solid - Retro Playthrough - September 2015 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print
Author Topic: Metal Gear Solid - Retro Playthrough - September 2015  (Read 13629 times)
OatBob
セガ 信者
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2015, 08:20:13 PM »

I only started last night, but I'm thoroughly enjoying the game this time around.  I just finished the ninja fight and freed Otakon.  That's about the furthest I ever made it in the past.  I'm looking forward to what's in store.

it's thinking
OatBob
セガ 信者
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2015, 10:51:35 PM »

Checkpoint 2 cleared!

it's thinking
MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2015, 12:42:21 AM »

Got a bit of a late start on this game, only just firing it up Friday evening, but I've already put enough time into it to have completed the first checkpoint and now just beat Psycho Mantis. I know when I first played this game about 15 years ago, I got shortly beyond this point, and was out in the cold, contending with wolves, if memory serves. I look forward to actually passing that mark and seeing the rest of the game. I'm having fun so far overall, though I forgot that there's a LOT of trial and error involved. I have died a whole ton of times, and don't think I'd ever want to consider a speed run of this game. The boss fights are cool, but get kind of frustrating fast because the combat is a bit weak compared to the stealth elements. I must have played the Cyborg Ninja fight a dozen and a half times before I finally got my rhythm down and beat him. Psycho Mantis only took about 4-5 tries, however.

bartman87
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2015, 09:47:04 AM »

I got pass the check point and I am at the metal gear solid vs liquid
UNFORGIVINGPAIN
Donor
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2015, 01:36:28 PM »

I got pass the check point and I am at the metal gear solid vs liquid
So he is at the final boss Rex.

I'm stopped at Sniper Wolf. I will return to this game Friday evening, but for right now I will be playing more Phantom Pain.
OatBob
セガ 信者
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2015, 03:46:51 PM »

Quick question.

Are the spinoff games worth playing at all?  Acid?  Revengence?  Isn't there one starring Raiden.  I'm not super familiar with the series as a whole.

it's thinking
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2015, 03:54:47 PM »

Quick question.

Are the spinoff games worth playing at all?  Acid?  Revengence?  Isn't there one starring Raiden.  I'm not super familiar with the series as a whole.

Revengeance was awesome but it is a totally different game. It starts Raiden. It's an action slice & dice like Bayonetta.

Acid is a CCG game. Haven't played it yet but a lot of people like it.

OatBob
セガ 信者
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2015, 01:44:57 AM »

Revengence sounds fun.

Anways, I just plugged in Disc 2 for MGS, so I'm making good progress.

it's thinking
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2015, 05:36:14 AM »

I forgot there's also Metal Gear Solid: VR Missions. It's a standalone game of VR missions like the ones in MGS but of course there are many more of them and they are a lot more creatively designed. It's cool if you absolutely want more MGS on the PS1.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2015, 09:59:35 PM »

Remember Mantis and the "trick"?

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2015, 06:48:12 AM »

Remember Mantis and the "trick"?

One of the coolest parts in the game, or in any game actually.

Some of my squad might not have gotten there yet, so please don't spoil it. Wink

MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2015, 12:10:23 PM »

I am in the prison cell now, and have had 2 rounds of torture.  My arm couldn't take a 3rd round last night (assuming there is one), so I left it there.  Now that I've played through more of the game, it seems to me that it wasn't at the area with the wolves that I stopped, but somewhere around that prison cell, possibly prior to torture, or just shortly after Ocaton's visit.  It's been 15 years, so my memory's a bit fuzzy on the details, but I think I may have reached the spot in the game where I gave up last time, so I'm looking forward to seeing what's beyond this point Smiley

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2015, 01:02:37 PM »

FRO, do you need help figuring out how to get out of the cell? You ought not have to endure any more torture Wink

MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2015, 09:19:41 AM »

FRO, do you need help figuring out how to get out of the cell? You ought not have to endure any more torture Wink

Maybe I do - Otacon brought me the ketchup bottle and rations, I just don't remember after all these years what I need to do to escape Tongue

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #44 on: September 10, 2015, 09:35:47 AM »

Maybe I do - Otacon brought me the ketchup bottle and rations, I just don't remember after all these years what I need to do to escape Tongue

Cool, finally I get to use my expertise on this game to help someone!

The two best ways I know of to get out (though I'm sure there are more):

Spoiler (hover to show)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length