RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:32:27 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | The Small Scores Thread: Part 4! 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 303 Print
Author Topic: The Small Scores Thread: Part 4!  (Read 1322548 times)
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1875 on: August 12, 2016, 05:38:43 PM »

Got an opportunity today that I truly never thought I'd get. Still shaking a bit.

[img width=700 height=525]http://i.imgur.com/23NwMsp.jpg[/img]

Story time!

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1876 on: August 12, 2016, 05:47:46 PM »

One of those Flintstones games popped in my town recently. The label was damaged and despite the discount offered, I couldn't justify the price.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
InvadErGII
CD-i
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1877 on: August 12, 2016, 05:49:57 PM »

@InvadErGII: Congrats! I'd love to hear the story.

It's not that exciting, honestly. One of my favorite stores got FS2 in yesterday and an owner emailed me to let me know. It was priced at about what the last few eBay sales have been. I've been sitting on some old Magic cards (dual lands and other solid Legacy stuff) and I traded those in to cover a lot of the cost of both that and Snow Brothers (which they've had for a while.)

I imagine it wouldn't have lasted long, so I didn't have a lot of time to think about it...I just sorta went for it. Things are going well in InvadErGII world these days, though, and there was a path to get it done that wasn't quite so crazy.

understatement
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1878 on: August 12, 2016, 06:13:15 PM »

It's not that exciting, honestly. One of my favorite stores got FS2 in yesterday and an owner emailed me to let me know. It was priced at about what the last few eBay sales have been. I've been sitting on some old Magic cards (dual lands and other solid Legacy stuff) and I traded those in to cover a lot of the cost of both that and Snow Brothers (which they've had for a while.)

I imagine it wouldn't have lasted long, so I didn't have a lot of time to think about it...I just sorta went for it. Things are going well in InvadErGII world these days, though, and there was a path to get it done that wasn't quite so crazy.

Nice! I wish any of my local video game stores took Magic cards. I'd love to trade the Duals and Legacy stuff I have for games, sadly all I really have is eBay and I just haven't pulled that trigger yet.

krunch
Virtual Boy

Stats
« Reply #1879 on: August 13, 2016, 12:39:12 PM »

[img width=700 height=525]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CpwbMp0W8AAp_UJ.jpg:large[/img]

Sealed Deadly Games for 10$ Oh My God.

Diane, it is 4:28 AM.
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1880 on: August 13, 2016, 07:10:42 PM »

I stopped in a Disc Replay recently, and walked out with some very cheap, quality, older titles.
[img width=700 height=525]http://i1023.photobucket.com/albums/af356/jackcrow2000/F6D3DEA1-23AD-4731-8ABF-14964DF797F8_zpsc4gczgaq.jpg[/img]

Also, I have to give thanks to my friend Matt, the same one who helped me add the Demon's Souls DE to my collection. As of this, I've hit every licensed US title, except Stadium Events. Unless something crazy happens, that probably won't happen, so this is as close to a complete set as I'm going to come. Feels good.
[img width=700 height=648]http://i1023.photobucket.com/albums/af356/jackcrow2000/7891464B-92F3-43C8-AD00-917BAA38E419_zpsmg69axx7.jpg[/img]

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1881 on: August 13, 2016, 10:09:08 PM »

congratulations Duke, that's awesome!
GamerNick
Collector of All Things Video Game Related
Sega Genesis
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1882 on: August 13, 2016, 11:12:10 PM »

Congrats duke!! Also invader congrats too and soo very jealous!!! Snow bros is the last Capcom game I need.

Nick Procopio
BNS Games
"Gotta Play To Win"
www.bnsgames.com
Looking for CIB - NES Games or Boxes & Manuals in Bulk.
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #1883 on: August 14, 2016, 09:40:24 AM »

Nice! I wish any of my local video game stores took Magic cards. I'd love to trade the Duals and Legacy stuff I have for games, sadly all I really have is eBay and I just haven't pulled that trigger yet.

Maybe we can all send Invader our magic cards to exchange for us? Cheesy

Beardcore84
that TMNT guy
Donor

Stats
« Reply #1884 on: August 14, 2016, 10:55:14 AM »

Nicely done Duke. It's a good feeling. I'm in the same boat as far as completion with my SNES. I'll never pay out the ass for MBR/SR combo cart, etc so I'm calling it good, haha.

Running out of games to buy.
Schlibby
DB Editor
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #1885 on: August 14, 2016, 01:20:33 PM »

Im going for the complete PAL A NES library. Some of the unlicensed Australian games by HES are extremely hard to come across. This is one of them:

[img width=700 height=525]http://i1378.photobucket.com/albums/ah84/schlibbylibbyschlibbylibby/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsqpysszln.jpeg[/img]

I saw this on eBay a couple of months ago for a decently priced buy it now. But the seller would only post in Australia and didn't respond to any messages.
Luckily, a great guy off this very site called Paul who is an Australian worked as a middle man for me. He was brilliant. So thanks so much Paul.

Very happy to add this extreme rarity to my collection
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1886 on: August 14, 2016, 04:42:55 PM »

Nicely done Duke. It's a good feeling. I'm in the same boat as far as completion with my SNES. I'll never pay out the ass for MBR/SR combo cart, etc so I'm calling it good, haha.

Thanks. Having a collection is great, but you do have to draw some lines somewhere.

@Schlibby: Nice. I've never seen the HES version of Pipemania before. I've got a couple HES carts, and they don't have a cardboard box.

Schlibby
DB Editor
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #1887 on: August 14, 2016, 05:05:47 PM »

Thanks. Having a collection is great, but you do have to draw some lines somewhere.

@Schlibby: Nice. I've never seen the HES version of Pipemania before. I've got a couple HES carts, and they don't have a cardboard box.

Most of them come in plastic clamshells which have aged terribly (yellow and very brittle now). Only the later releases come in the cardboard boxes and these tend to be rarer
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #1888 on: August 16, 2016, 11:06:19 AM »

@TheBoss: Found something you might enjoy. Didn't realize Vimeo had these documentaries:

Also, new video embeds.  Alfador's Avatar
« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 11:13:59 AM by bickman2k » Logged

MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1889 on: August 16, 2016, 09:58:50 PM »

Haven't posted on this thread in awhile, but I got some stuff locally today:

[img width=700 height=493]http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag478/michaelrancourt/1D5DE079-D96D-4B23-889A-E1A6372F441C_zpszdkag34t.jpg[/img]

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 303 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length