RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:12:37 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | The Small Scores Thread: Part 4! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 302 Print
Author Topic: The Small Scores Thread: Part 4!  (Read 1311480 times)
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #810 on: November 09, 2015, 02:46:54 PM »

Currently in the middle of a great thrift run. Just wait 'till you see what I've picked up.

BTW 1 week till this year's NOT-So-Secret Santa drops...

BRB
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #811 on: November 09, 2015, 02:59:59 PM »

Currently in the middle of a great thrift run. Just wait 'till you see what I've picked up.

BRB

Diggin' that new avatar brah.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #812 on: November 09, 2015, 04:03:31 PM »

Made it to a thrift store the other day, got some stuff and realized I hadn't put up anything from PRGE either.....

Thrift store stuffs:

Some PC games, a couple of which I may already own, and the Directors Cut of THX 1138 on DVD. Somehow I've never made it through that whole movie but always wanted to, now I can.

PRGE 2015 stuff:

I have more pictures of what went on at the show, maybe I'll get those up sometime too.

Wife has wanted a Kinect for a long time. This one is one of the first things I bought at the show. It is nearly complete and was all of $10. The guy selling it told me they had gotten theirs because his wife wanted one too. He acted like he wasn't expecting to be able to sell this one  Wink    I put it in my backpack right away so no one would see me walking around the show floor with it.

Getting non-game finds out of the way.....Laser Discs, didn't find too many at the show we were interested in. I don't buy every LD I see but when I do it's either a different version or something you can't get otherwise, or the novelty of it being in that format is worth it. Wife got the stack of comic books, who knows whats in there?

Got the Kinect so we had to buy nearly every game for it we saw. Fable was the only one that cost dollars rather than cents. Padded out the Halo collection and bought a SMS game, 'cause they're awesome.

The Wondersawn was the very first thing I touched at the show. Walked around the rest of the time looking for games only to be told by sellers I was the 3rd guy that day asking for Wonderswan games  Roll Eyes     They don't sell for much on ebay but of course much of the library requires you know Japanese to play it. Airwolf LCD is a gift for a friend who is an Airwolf fan, so much so his phones ringtone is the theme song. Monster Hunter is also a gift for a nephew, paid as much for that as anything at the show  Undecided    Wife picked out the other DS games and has been playing them with the little 5 year old girl who spends a lot of time here.

I now have over half the Intellivison library! Yay! Some of these cost real money too, I think one of them I paid more than $10 for. I'm finding that the games, for the most part, aren't really that expensive but some aren't super common. About a 1/3 of the library (total INTV library is 120 games) I see all the time and people essentially try to give them away at these shows, the other 2/3rds don't show up much, even if some of them only sell for $2 CIB.

In the end I didn't buy tons of stuff like I have in the past. My wife and I had a great time though and spent much of it walking around with Russlyman, which was awesome! There is tons to do at that show, we sat in on a panel were Al Alcorn talked. We watched the final 8 of the Tetris World Championships live. My wife went to the Howard Scott Warshaw panel and had Bob Smith (of Atari and Imagic fame) sit right next to her, they talked a little bit. We got to see Retrorage and Mrs Retrorage for about two minutes before they went and hid in the huge arcade for the rest of the day. Jerks!   Tongue   

I played an alpha version of a game called XO - Escape to Rigel Alpha IV http://jmpdrv.com/ which is a vector-based space RTS game. Seemed fun, looks awesome. Got to talk to a dev for a little bit. The game is Greeenlit for Steam. They gave me a sticker.

Wife played another alpha for Harmonia Tactics https://steamcommunity.co...filedetails/?id=312332300 which is also Greenlit on Steam. She played it for nearly half an hour while I talked to the dev. If you think of Final Fantasy Tactics but in real time with a pixel aesthetic it's like that. I talked to the dev guy for the whole time about all sorts of stuff, he seemed like a pretty good guy. Wife liked the game too. She got a sticker for that game too.
Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #813 on: November 09, 2015, 05:36:38 PM »

@nupoile, Love the stuff, man. Y'know my wife has wanted a Kinect for awhile as well. Love the He-Man and Buzz Bomber box art. The game store where I shop, has INTV stuff for sale for really cheap as well. They also give barely anything for trade as well.  Even HTF games. I guess the INTV market is in the toilet. Not a whole lot of demand anymore, I guess.  Great for us!   Sorry I missed out this year, will make it down for the swap meet though Smiley 

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #814 on: November 09, 2015, 08:23:37 PM »

BRB

Diggin' that new avatar brah.

Taiwanese Board Game Jesus isn't just awesome, He's ALL T3H AW3S0M3Z0RZ.

ANYway! As promised, here are the results of today's thrift crawl:

- Sealed Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn and Namco Museum Remix for Wii, $3.99 each

- Sealed Chibi-Robo! for GameCube, $12.99: Normally I'm too cheap to pay this much for ANY pre-7th-gen game at a thrift, sealed or otherwise. But seeing as how an open CIB one can go for three times that amount or more online, I figure I got a pretty sweet deal.

- Parker Brothers Merlin handheld game, $1.49

- CIB 7 Wonders II and Jewel Quest Mysteries for DS, $3.99 each

- CIB Kirby Super Star Ultra for DS, $2.99 (not pictured)

And now a little something that's sure to grab the attention of the Crustacean King of the Great White North:

- Archie Mega Man comics TPBs, vols. 1 & 2, $0.49 each: Collects the first 8 issues.

- PC Gamer back ish, $0.49

Aaaand finally, a little tribute to Norv and the Nupes:

- Saitek Mephisto chess trainer computer, $2.99

- CIB CI Graphic Arts master calculator, $4.49

And there you have it... FOR NOW.

Next, please.

UPDATE: Holy crap, Nupes, there's an Airwolf handheld game?! Well that's just swell, yet another thing to add to my wish list... sigh.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 08:39:26 PM by Zagnorch » Logged
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #815 on: November 09, 2015, 09:05:05 PM »

Damn, Zag, great grab on the Chibi-Robo and that chess set!

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #816 on: November 09, 2015, 09:05:43 PM »

I'm digging the He-Man games, Nupes!

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #817 on: November 09, 2015, 11:13:50 PM »

I need that He-Man game! Oh well. Guess I have to settle for more He-man toys instead.

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
Disposed Hero
Blog Editor
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #818 on: November 10, 2015, 04:45:31 PM »

It's been 4.5 years since I've set foot in the wasteland (New Vegas).  Let's do this:

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

leej07
Sega 32X
United States

Stats
« Reply #819 on: November 10, 2015, 06:25:26 PM »

So, this past weekend has been really good to me.

As noted before, the GBA SP and three games cost $3.
That XBox cost me $5.
Also picked up Sly 3 and Pinball Hall of Fame: The Gottlieb Collection. Pinball HoF only cost me $1.50.
Also picked up Star Wars: The Phantom Menace for PS1 for a measly $0.50.
G-Loc and SMB Deluxe also both cost $0.50 apiece.
The Atari games were cheap, too. I'm getting closer to my goal of acquiring all Atari releases for the 2600! Cheesy

* 20151110_171108.jpg (852.45 KB, 2048x1152 - viewed 245 times.)

Have you played Atari today?

Sega does what Nintendon't.

"I'd buy that for a dollar!" - Smash T.V.

Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #820 on: November 10, 2015, 10:03:30 PM »

Very nice Disposed, the game is incredible so far.

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #821 on: November 10, 2015, 10:16:33 PM »

The honorable Singlebanana helped me acquire the last King's Field game I was looking for, and I was finally able to track down a Bloodborne Collector's Edition. Woohoo!

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #822 on: November 11, 2015, 01:19:37 AM »

Grabbed this lot of off-condition former-rental N64 carts at a nearby Goodwill for about $25.00...

- Pokemon Snap
- Iggy's Reckin' Balls
- Mario Kart 64
- Super Mario 64
- StarFox 64
- Gauntlet Legends
- Yoshi's Story

This was a rather bittersweet pickup, for it could be one of the last I'll ever encounter at any of the local Goodwills. I was told by the clerk who rung me up that the Goodwill of Silicon Valley chain might soon be selling their donated video game hardware and software exclusively online.  Sad 
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #823 on: November 11, 2015, 07:19:21 AM »

That sucks Zag, I always look forward to your jaw-dropping scores. My local Goodwill does the same thing with higher priced titles. I rarely catch them slipping up these days...

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Ikariniku
Atari 7800

Stats
« Reply #824 on: November 11, 2015, 07:30:18 AM »

Grabbed this lot of off-condition former-rental N64 carts at a nearby Goodwill for about $25.00...

- Pokemon Snap
- Iggy's Reckin' Balls
- Mario Kart 64
- Super Mario 64
- StarFox 64
- Gauntlet Legends
- Yoshi's Story

This was a rather bittersweet pickup, for it could be one of the last I'll ever encounter at any of the local Goodwills. I was told by the clerk who rung me up that the Goodwill of Silicon Valley chain might soon be selling their donated video game hardware and software exclusively online.  Sad 

Nice N64 scores, even if a little weather beaten.  My local Goodwill (there's only one near me) started selling video game items exclusively online over a year ago, so I know your pain.  The only gaming item I've seen there since is a PSX AV cable.

Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 302 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length