RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:38:29 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | The Small Scores Thread: Part 4! 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 302 Print
Author Topic: The Small Scores Thread: Part 4!  (Read 1311098 times)
wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #2145 on: October 23, 2016, 09:12:36 PM »

Now that the dust from RetroWorld Expo has settled and I've slept for a number of days, I can post a few pics of the scores from last week.

It was great to have Duke Togo, Izret, and bickman stay at my place for a few days.  Duke arrived first and brought me a great gift to make up for the same item that I purchased for the wrong system.

BAM, Pro guitar for the correct system.  Big thanks, Duke, been on the lookout for one of these for a while.  I played a few lessons and then decided to jump in and play a song so Duke didn't have to watch me learn.  Turns out there is LOTS more to playing the Pro Guitar than was covered in the first few lessons but since I knew how to play the song, I actually did pretty well.

Few days later, Izret and Bickman showed up.  Bickman hooked me up with a Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep set that I had never seen before along with 2 incredibly awesome big box PC games.  Good lookin out, buddy.  He also brought an NES winter hat for my older son but thats not in the pic because its on his head right now and hes out of town with my wife.

I grabbed a few items for a few friends at the expo but didn't do any shopping for myself until it was all over.  Been looking for a Salamander cart for a while now and Mad Gear gave me a great price.

After the expo, Duke and I hit up a local pawn show and I got a decent price on my first Laserdisc player:

But does it work?

Oh Yeah!

understatement
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2146 on: October 23, 2016, 10:47:37 PM »

Nice Laserdisc player, the best of the retro formats, and it has an auto flip thats the only way to go when watching movies on laserdisc.  slick

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2147 on: October 24, 2016, 12:35:19 PM »

Such an awesome rediscovery!! How is that Sailor Moon game? Any good?

I finally popped this in and didn't know what to do.  I turned it on and a picture of a girl's face on top and Japanese text on bottom.  I hit the button and new text comes up.  After this button presses did nothing.  Seeing I couldn't do anything with this, I popped in Exile and when I tried to Save it it said I had to format the system and than it clicked.  Sailor Moon was asking me to format!  So after formatting, I was able to play the game.  Unfortunately, this is text heavy and everything is in Japanese.  Basically this seems like a novel, most of it is Japanese text and every once in awhile you can make a choice on what to do/say.  At one point, I did get a screen which looks like a few top down city blocks and you have to collect 5 keys in the streets while a guy chases you.  Once you get the first key, the second shows up, and so on.  Some of streets are blocked my cars.  This was the only "playable" part of the game.  After about 30 minutes of this, I had enough as I have no idea what I'm doing and I can't read it!

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #2148 on: October 24, 2016, 02:53:36 PM »

Nice Bil! Laserdisc is a great format, especially if you have a great home theater system. I have recently been selling off my collection.

Here are my pickups from the Portland Retro Gaming Expo. Not much, because I was mostly looking for Atari 5200 stuff. Which I didn't find, every booth I asked told me they didn't bring any. 😞 Got all the boxes for $5 total. Bad Dudes and Rocketeer were $35 total. Great show!

* WP_20161023_001.jpg (1634.98 KB, 2873x2126 - viewed 186 times.)

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2149 on: October 24, 2016, 06:33:56 PM »

Glad to see that the LD player worked Bil. Thanks for having me over again, it was a lot of fun. Hopefully I can get a pick of my Golgo 13 art posted up here soon.

Bear78
DB Contributor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2150 on: October 26, 2016, 08:59:09 AM »

So work was tossing this Extron IN1508 scaling switch. I've heard good things about the bigger (Matrox) models but don't know much about this one.  I almost passed on it but took a better look at it and realized it will do component over VGA. Anybody messed with these?  I ordered a VGA to component cable to see if I can get it hooked up to my TV.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #2151 on: October 26, 2016, 09:11:18 AM »

I finally popped this in and didn't know what to do.  I turned it on and a picture of a girl's face on top and Japanese text on bottom.  I hit the button and new text comes up.  After this button presses did nothing.  Seeing I couldn't do anything with this, I popped in Exile and when I tried to Save it it said I had to format the system and than it clicked.  Sailor Moon was asking me to format!  So after formatting, I was able to play the game.  Unfortunately, this is text heavy and everything is in Japanese.  Basically this seems like a novel, most of it is Japanese text and every once in awhile you can make a choice on what to do/say.  At one point, I did get a screen which looks like a few top down city blocks and you have to collect 5 keys in the streets while a guy chases you.  Once you get the first key, the second shows up, and so on.  Some of streets are blocked my cars.  This was the only "playable" part of the game.  After about 30 minutes of this, I had enough as I have no idea what I'm doing and I can't read it!

The keys unlock the mini-games. Winning the mini-games unlocks content from the anime you can view. That's about it.
http://sailormoon.wikia.c...i/Sailor_Moon_(PC-Engine)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 01:27:48 PM by Shadow Kisuragi » Logged

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2152 on: October 26, 2016, 12:31:15 PM »

I finally popped this in and didn't know what to do.  I turned it on and a picture of a girl's face on top and Japanese text on bottom.  I hit the button and new text comes up.  After this button presses did nothing.  Seeing I couldn't do anything with this, I popped in Exile and when I tried to Save it it said I had to format the system and than it clicked.  Sailor Moon was asking me to format!  So after formatting, I was able to play the game.  Unfortunately, this is text heavy and everything is in Japanese.  Basically this seems like a novel, most of it is Japanese text and every once in awhile you can make a choice on what to do/say.  At one point, I did get a screen which looks like a few top down city blocks and you have to collect 5 keys in the streets while a guy chases you.  Once you get the first key, the second shows up, and so on.  Some of streets are blocked my cars.  This was the only "playable" part of the game.  After about 30 minutes of this, I had enough as I have no idea what I'm doing and I can't read it!

The keys unlock the mini-games. Winning the mini-games unlocks content from the anime you can view. That's about it.
http://sailormoon.wikia.c...ki/Sailor_Moon_(PC-Engine)

You need to edit your post to include the last )  The wiki didn't mention anything about the key game.  Weird.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #2153 on: October 26, 2016, 01:28:06 PM »

Link was auto-generated, and missed the last ). Weird. Used a URL tag to fix it.

Ikariniku
Atari 7800

Stats
« Reply #2154 on: October 27, 2016, 11:10:16 AM »

So work was tossing this Extron IN1508 scaling switch. I've heard good things about the bigger (Matrox) models but don't know much about this one.  I almost passed on it but took a better look at it and realized it will do component over VGA. Anybody messed with these?  I ordered a VGA to component cable to see if I can get it hooked up to my TV.

If you can get your hands on another one of these, maybe we can work out a deal.  I wouldn't mind having a dedicated scaler box like this.

krunch
Virtual Boy

Stats
« Reply #2155 on: October 27, 2016, 05:13:50 PM »

Real glad to have gotten Myth 3 and Shattered Steel (sealed) for 4$ each.

And Ishar 3 is the best game ever (okay not really but still)

Diane, it is 4:28 AM.
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2156 on: October 27, 2016, 06:41:20 PM »

Hey now,

Time to reveal my vidya pick-ups from the last couple weeks.

Grabbed this trio of CIB goodies for $4.99 $3.50 each:

- Super Mario Sunshine

- Dementium: the Ward

- Billiards
: my collection of generically-titled A1/Agetec games is one step closer to completion.

- Radio Shack Space Alien handheld, $3.58

- Link/Sword Kirby plush, $2.55

- SpongeBob Patrick Star PS2 controller, $2.99

- A way-too-realistic light gun controller for PS1 & Sega Saturn $2.99: comes with working slide and hammer.

- Polar white GBA with Disney's Atlantis: the Lost Empire cart, $12.99

- CIB Lunar Knights and Knights n the Nightmare for DS, $11.95 each

- CIB Donkey Kong Jungle Beat, $3.95

- PS Vita screen protectors & cleaning cloth, $2.04

- Glacier GBA with case, Gex: Enter the Gecko, SpongeBob SquarePants: SuperSponge, and Ms. Pac-Man carts, $16.99

- Indigo GBA, $24.99 $12.49

Aaaand finally, I grabbed this almost-CIB stack for a little under $16.00 all told:

- Halo 4 (no manual)

- Super Smash Bros. Melee

- Saints Row IV

- Saints Row 2
(PS3 Greatest Hits)

- Metro: Last Light

- Gradius III & IV

- Cheat Code Explosion
book

Thank you for your attention...

- 'Late
wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #2157 on: October 28, 2016, 08:47:37 AM »

Nice, krunch! Love the big box PC jam.

Zag, I love Mario Sunshine, don't listen to the Dukes, I mean the haters.

That Game Boy Advance takes be back to the days before the backlight.  What I refer to as "The Dark Times".  Nintendo: NO, we can't do a backlight, it would kill the battery life!
6 months later: JK, here is a backlit version.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #2158 on: October 28, 2016, 09:29:03 AM »

Let's remove the t and make is Ishar. No one will make the connection, right?

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #2159 on: October 28, 2016, 02:04:34 PM »

@Bill: Nice Laserdisc player!

@Duke: Nice to see you grabbed a copy of Over Horizon. I expect to hear more about it on a future Collectorcast episode.

@bickman2k: Great Super Famicom pickups! I see you grabbed both version of Final Fantasy IV  Wink

@Zagnorch: You are my thift store enabler. I always have to visit the local thrift stores after seeing your scores...

Here's hoping Photobucket doesn't crash....

I stopped at Savers and picked these up for $21 total: (Tomb Raider was $1 and sealed)

I then stopped at Goodwill and found these:

I also grabbed a couple Disney Infinity figures as they had been donated to Goodwill by a nearby Target:

I found this at a different Goodwill:

So does it work? Yes it does....

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 302 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length