RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:53:52 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | The Small Scores Thread: Part 4! 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] 222 223 ... 302 Print
Author Topic: The Small Scores Thread: Part 4!  (Read 1311033 times)
MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #3300 on: October 05, 2018, 09:33:52 PM »

I too, picked up the Holy Diver CE

Untitled by Michael Rancourt, on Flickr

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3301 on: October 06, 2018, 12:09:52 AM »

Hey now,

[Pics & Stuff]

Pretty excited about Holy Diver. It's been on my wishlist for years.

Well what took you so long to pick it up, hmmm? Were you down too long in the midnight sea or something? Oh, what's become of you, good sir?

THE facepalm

Yeah, yeah, I know; I gotta get away from these Dio puns--aw crap, I did it again. 'Course, when it comes to silly wordplay, I'm hardly the last in line-- goddammit. All right, all right, I'll cut it out already; no need to stand up and shout at me, okay?! Sheesh...

Speaking of taking my sweet-@$$ time: it's been a year and a half, but I finally ordered a certain something from AmLand last week to pick up at the Amazon Locker inside my fave 7-11.

All right, time to free my swag from its canary prison...

But before I go any further, let's take a look at one of my other scores of the week:

All right, back to the main event:

Oh, I almost forgot to show y'all these scores:

Neat, huh? ANYway, let's open up this bad boy:

Oh, I almost forgot: I picked this up earlier today. Its look and format is rather reminiscent of the Guinness Gamer Edition world record books.

Aaaaaand the main event:

Soooo... this makes me one of the cool kids now, right, guys? I mean, I know it's been out a while... but better late than never, right, guys? Ummm... guys? Hello? Wait, where are you going?

Sigh... alone yet again...  Cry
MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #3302 on: October 06, 2018, 02:33:57 PM »

Yes, Zagnorch, you're one of the cool kids now Grin

mumboking
Do you feel the heartbeat of the land?
PlayStation
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« Reply #3303 on: October 06, 2018, 04:58:49 PM »

I thought the 'Norch was always one of the cool kids... Smiley

This is all I've found recently (linked to large image):
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #3304 on: October 07, 2018, 11:46:04 AM »

I'm really tempted to get Holy Diver but I really just wish they had a cheaper "cart / box / manual" version as I don't really need all the extra stuff.

They do have a standard version that is a CIB copy. I just splurged since it's a special title Smiley

Do they?  I can't seem to find it.  Castlemania only has the Collector's edition for sale and I'm not seeing a "normal" edition anywhere else.
I'm really tempted to get Holy Diver but I really just wish they had a cheaper "cart / box / manual" version as I don't really need all the extra stuff.

They do have a standard version that is a CIB copy. I just splurged since it's a special title Smiley

Do they?  I can't seem to find it.  Castlemania only has the Collector's edition for sale and I'm not seeing a "normal" edition anywhere else.

I must have been mistaken. I could have sworn there was an option when I ordered It, but I just rechecked though where I got mine and they only have the collectors edition. Sorry.

@Zag- keep the Dio references going!!

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #3305 on: October 08, 2018, 03:42:38 AM »

@Crabby Finally getting Holy Diver must have been like finding a Rainbow in the Dark.

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
Bear78
DB Contributor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3306 on: October 08, 2018, 07:35:24 AM »

I must have been mistaken. I could have sworn there was an option when I ordered It, but I just rechecked though where I got mine and they only have the collectors edition. Sorry.

No worries man, I thought I was just missing it somewhere.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3307 on: October 08, 2018, 09:46:09 PM »

Picked up some manuals and a map from a Facebook group:

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3308 on: October 10, 2018, 03:06:12 PM »

It's not video games but it's something I've been wanting for a while!

leej07
Sega 32X
United States

Stats
« Reply #3309 on: October 11, 2018, 12:54:37 AM »

Been a very long while since I last posted. Here's one of my most recent Facebook acquisitions. 12 issues of Nintendo Power.

* 20181003_160243_resized.jpg (285.63 KB, 963x424 - viewed 224 times.)

Have you played Atari today?

Sega does what Nintendon't.

"I'd buy that for a dollar!" - Smash T.V.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3310 on: October 11, 2018, 05:41:22 AM »

Been a very long while since I last posted. Here's one of my most recent Facebook acquisitions. 12 issues of Nintendo Power.

Do you feel the power now?

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3311 on: October 12, 2018, 03:46:35 PM »

Hey now,

This week's vidya pickups were pretty modest.

- 'Scuse.

mumboking
Do you feel the heartbeat of the land?
PlayStation
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« Reply #3312 on: October 12, 2018, 06:19:00 PM »

Oooh, a spice orange GameCube controller!
leej07
Sega 32X
United States

Stats
« Reply #3313 on: October 13, 2018, 02:45:04 PM »

Do you feel the power now?

I do! It's awesome!

Have you played Atari today?

Sega does what Nintendon't.

"I'd buy that for a dollar!" - Smash T.V.

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #3314 on: October 14, 2018, 11:26:27 AM »

Last weekend I bought my first new console in nearly a decade. Hard to believe that myself, but I'm not that into games anymore, I suppose. I wish I still had the time. It's my first gaming-related purchase this year since picking up a few cheap games on Steam Winter Sales on New Year's Day.

Picked up a brand new 1TB Xbox One S with included Middle-earth: Shadow of War as a downloadable game, for €199. I happened to have a €80 gift card for the particular store where I bought it, so effectively I paid €120. I also picked up NIB copies of Forza Motorsport 6 for €9 and Little Nightmares for €7,50. This way I actually have something to play on the console.

I held off for years buying any of this generation's consoles because I found them too expensive, for how much I think I'd use them. I'm so busy at work I barely get the time to play games anymore.
The other versions (such as the ones that come with Fortnight or Minecraft) of the Xbox One S were €279-299 at the very same store. The cheapest version of the PS4 Slim (500GB, no game included) was €289. The Nintendo Switch was around €300. The PS4 Pro and Xbox One X are around €450-490. I could afford any of these if I wanted to, but with my limited time I never saw the point. I pulled the trigger on this one as €199 seemed like a good deal.

After setting up the system, doing a system update (about 20 minutes) and installing Forza 6 (nearly an hour), I played some Forza 6. The game is great. I'm not a a big fan of the Xbox One's menu system, it's hard to navigate and feels messy. There's very much a Windows 10 feel when launching some of those built-in apps. I also hate all the social media/streaming/facebook/twitter/... "suggestions" they put in the menus everywhere. Just leave me alone and let me play the game, ffs. Damn, I'm getting old.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 11:32:03 AM by Sirgin » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] 222 223 ... 302 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length