RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 03:00:58 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Kickstarter - Saber Rider and the Star Sheriffs 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Kickstarter - Saber Rider and the Star Sheriffs  (Read 988 times)
OatBob
セガ 信者
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« on: September 04, 2015, 06:04:11 PM »

This project is for all those 80's cartoon fans out there.

Saber Rider and the Star Sheriffs

The game promises 2D-action and 16-bit visuals.  It's a project that's been waiting to be made for 10 years, and the visual style aims to deliver a game that never was.  They've worked out licensing for the franchise, and even have some of the voice actors on board.  The story compliments the TV series, which should be good for fans.  At the same time, it contains all the relevant story for those that haven't watched the original show.

The bottom tier goal is asking for $75,000 for this game to be made.  The game will be released on Nintendo 3DS, PC, Mac, and Linux in North America, Europe, and Japan.  Additional consoles will be added if certain stretch goals are made.
  • $150,000 WiiU
  • $200,000 Dreamcast
  • $250,000 Super Nintendo, PC Engine CD
  • $350,000 PlayStation 4, Xbox One
  • $400,000 Amiibo support

• $150,000 WiiU
  • $200,000 PlayStation 4, Xbox One
  • $210,000 Super Nintendo, PC Engine CD
  • $320,00 Amiibo support

I really am looking forward to this.  Space cowboys, giant transforming robots, mechanical horses, and lasers... there's so much sci-fi packed into this series.

project link:
https://www.kickstarter.c...r-sheriffs-the-video-game
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 01:23:00 AM by OatBob » Logged

it's thinking
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2015, 06:10:38 PM »

Damn PC Engine CD?

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
OatBob
セガ 信者
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2015, 11:20:00 PM »

Breaking News! Just for the Dreamcast Community we added the DC as maingoal too and comes after the PC version. You can pledge for it in 3 Versions.

Dream Special Level 1 - Game only with Manual and Spine Card $49 - USD
Dream Special Level 2 - includes also the Games Soundtack on a second CD - $99 USD
Dream Special Level 3 - includes also the the Saber Rider Art Book - $139 USD

Please check the reward list on our Kickstarter campaign for details.
http://kck.st/1WWmbEH

Now lets see what the DC community is capabel off. Let us show them how a community works!
If you have any questions or suggestions, please let me know.
Thank you very much for your awesome support!

Chris

BIG update for the Dreamcast community.  The game was opened to Dreamcast from the start, and is no longer a stretch goal.  Hopefully the DC-community will give it a good boost.  75K or bust!!!

it's thinking
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2015, 12:36:40 AM »

One of the more notable 2nd-tier kidvid shows from the 80s that could only be found on the more obscure local independent station. I usually caught an eppie or two when the G.I. Joe on the major indie station was a rerun.

If nothing else, it has one  of the catchiest themes ever...

Though if they're gonna go for a late 80s/early 90s 16-bit adventure, they should probably use this:

It's just a shame the 3DS version is an eShop download, and not a physical copy. And I'm on the fence about the base pledge for the Dreamcast version... hmmm.

This just might be the very first crowdfunded vidya I've ever pledged to... we'll see.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 06:33:48 AM by Zagnorch » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length