RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:27:13 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | Museum opening soon 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Museum opening soon  (Read 5646 times)
KangaRump
N-Gage

WWW Stats
« on: October 08, 2015, 11:42:33 AM »

Hey peeps!

I've been working on it for almost 10 years now ... a Gaming museum, not just a small exhibit. An entire museum dedicated to all things gaming (Not only video gaming) ... Some of the exhibits are done and ready for display. I'm currently searching for the perfect place to build ... but before I do ... What is something you all would like to see in it? what could we do to make it appeal to ya'll?

Also, if it's alright with everyone here I can keep you all updated on the progress here on this thread.

Thank you :3
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2015, 03:54:22 PM »

Kanga, considering that I've been planning on doing something a bit bigger than this, I can give you some thoughts on what I'd expect, having been to various events in the area and museums that catered to this...

#1: Provide a way for members to play the games, and cycle games in and out. Arcade and pinball games are, of course, requisites, but it'd be nice to have something like the console kiosks, or a console behind glass with a switcher (can't remember the NES and Genesis versions of those right now).
#2: Provide history with the exhibits, and encourage your museum staff to share stories of their experiences. Have your staff "take work home" and have weekly "meetings" where your staff have couch multiplayer to provide good stories and feedback for your customers.
#3: Just be passionate about it. The passion will show through on the work and presentation.

KangaRump
N-Gage

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2015, 08:03:10 PM »

Kanga, considering that I've been planning on doing something a bit bigger than this, I can give you some thoughts on what I'd expect, having been to various events in the area and museums that catered to this...

#1: Provide a way for members to play the games, and cycle games in and out. Arcade and pinball games are, of course, requisites, but it'd be nice to have something like the console kiosks, or a console behind glass with a switcher (can't remember the NES and Genesis versions of those right now).
#2: Provide history with the exhibits, and encourage your museum staff to share stories of their experiences. Have your staff "take work home" and have weekly "meetings" where your staff have couch multiplayer to provide good stories and feedback for your customers.
#3: Just be passionate about it. The passion will show through on the work and presentation.

Thank you! Smiley I agree that it is a great idea to have "playable exhibits" I want to try as well as I can to make the whole experience interactive. History is actually what I wanted to aim for with it because I have seen sooo many things that are incorrect in many news articles and I want to try my best to educate the masses and get the facts straight, also it'd be a learning experience for me.

I also should add that I dont want the museum to be strictly video gaming, but gaming in general and split into sections ... Videogames one place, board games in another etc...etc...

the entire place I also want to feature an arcade and an eating establishment. basically an oasis of gaming of all platforms.

All your feedback really helped so far the  founding members of this place consists of 5 people and we are all very passionate about it.

Thank you again for your feedback.
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2015, 08:05:59 PM »

History of board games would be interesting as well - you can even do the cross-overs with the video games as board games, and perhaps the evolution of pen-and-paper RPGs into the modern day RPGs.

KangaRump
N-Gage

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2015, 09:06:00 PM »

History of board games would be interesting as well - you can even do the cross-overs with the video games as board games, and perhaps the evolution of pen-and-paper RPGs into the modern day RPGs.

all great ideas, I just need to get all the resources I need to have accurate information
tactical_nuke
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2015, 10:38:31 PM »

I would love to see gaming history from other country's perspectives. Not just the English speaking ones. Viable with some research I would think.
KangaRump
N-Gage

WWW Stats
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2015, 12:13:59 AM »

I would love to see gaming history from other country's perspectives. Not just the English speaking ones. Viable with some research I would think.

Noted, I agree... I honestly never thought about it until now ... and also many countries have their own separate histories based on their culture ... Yes, there will be a lot of research involved with it, but in the long run ... it can serve as a great look into the cultural impact gaming has had on not only English Speaking countries, but the world.
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2015, 06:17:53 AM »

1. History
2. Playable
3. Located in Southeastern WI Smiley

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2015, 09:54:41 AM »

Russian and German video game history is crazy, and would be an interesting research. North Korea too, and there was recent research into North Korea.

bigbrutis
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
Re:
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2015, 07:38:50 PM »

Have the Nintendo/Sony unreleased console lol.

Sent from my Studio 5.0 HD LTE using Tapatalk

Bruce Johnson AKA BIGBRUTIS
tactical_nuke
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2015, 11:43:12 PM »

Russian and German video game history is crazy, and would be an interesting research. North Korea too, and there was recent research into North Korea.
North Korea had video games? Are you sure you don't mean South?
GamerNick
Collector of All Things Video Game Related
Sega Genesis
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2015, 02:12:10 PM »

Great ideas blooming here I have also thought about this for a long time with it also being a focus to a store front.  While not a huge location I have often thought this would be great if someone did it where I lived in the Center of the US (Omaha Nebraska).  There is a huge video game/board game community here.  Our comic stores adhere to card and board games but it's not enough.  There really isn't any true arcades around here anymore either so you have a good idea there with arcade cabinets and eating that's a plus.  I agree with shadow your staff needs to be knowledgeable have personal experiences.  While my brother and I are huge collector's of anything retro - you should show off toys that tie to video games like the GI Joe Street Fighter toys, Mario Toys, Etc. Whatever you can get your hands on that ties to video games, board games, etc. Good luck and you would have one visitor right here.  Along with a quite a few members on here.

Nick Procopio
BNS Games
"Gotta Play To Win"
www.bnsgames.com
Looking for CIB - NES Games or Boxes & Manuals in Bulk.
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2015, 07:36:25 PM »

North Korea had video games? Are you sure you don't mean South?

Yeah, North Korea has video games. They established an arcade a couple years back in Pyongyang, though mostly only privileged families can afford it:

The research article I was thinking of was actually for Russia, not North Korea, but there have been a lot of articles lately about a couple games developed in North Korea, in particular Pyongyang Racing.

tactical_nuke
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2015, 11:30:26 PM »

Man that's interesting.
KangaRump
N-Gage

WWW Stats
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2015, 11:25:49 PM »

Great ideas blooming here I have also thought about this for a long time with it also being a focus to a store front.  While not a huge location I have often thought this would be great if someone did it where I lived in the Center of the US (Omaha Nebraska).  There is a huge video game/board game community here.  Our comic stores adhere to card and board games but it's not enough.  There really isn't any true arcades around here anymore either so you have a good idea there with arcade cabinets and eating that's a plus.  I agree with shadow your staff needs to be knowledgeable have personal experiences.  While my brother and I are huge collector's of anything retro - you should show off toys that tie to video games like the GI Joe Street Fighter toys, Mario Toys, Etc. Whatever you can get your hands on that ties to video games, board games, etc. Good luck and you would have one visitor right here.  Along with a quite a few members on here.

If you were closer to my location I'd ask you to join in and help run it ... also with the toys and everything I am getting a hold of a bunch of stuff recently. I opened up item donations and the first day I got ... a Shadow the Hedgehog plush (with tag), Yoshi Amiibo, 2 Atari 2600 Game Libraries (Boxed), and a "How to Win at Video Games" booklet from 1983... I really just want people to understand just how big of a cultural footprint gaming has left on the world.

I've also been thinking about adding more things too ... I want to make it the Ultimate fun place where gamers will make a pilgrimage to see ... i know it's a big dream and I know it's unlikely, but I have the passion for it and I will keep trying ... I'll keep you, all updated.

Have the Nintendo/Sony unreleased console lol.

Oh how I wish I could get my hands on it, lol
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length