RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:15:45 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | December 2015 Run N' Gun Competition 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 20 Print
Author Topic: December 2015 Run N' Gun Competition  (Read 62804 times)
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #165 on: December 11, 2015, 09:13:32 AM »

You guys are really good.

This game is pretty tough but I love it. The visuals, gameplay, especially the music are all so good!

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
FatherJack
On Hiatus
United Kingdom
Awards: 2015 RFGENERATION TOP RUN N' GUNNER

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #166 on: December 11, 2015, 11:10:41 AM »

Round 4 seems to go on forever  Cheesy

* Rolling_Thunder_2000.png (4.79 KB, 640x480 - viewed 328 times.)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #167 on: December 11, 2015, 11:13:14 AM »

Glad to see these RT2 scores coming in. I'm going to put some time into it this weekend and post my score. I won't be dropping a score at the end of the week again. Grin

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #168 on: December 11, 2015, 02:54:33 PM »

Here's my 3rd real attempt.  I decided to take a few minutes over lunch and bang out another try:

Totally agree with you Fleach - the presentation in this game is pretty top notch, and the control is tight.  I have my setup connected to a surround sound system, and holy cow, the bass thumps, and the music sounds fantastic that way.  Totally digging the music.  Also, FatherJack hit the nail on the head - Round 4 does seem to go on forever, I haven't been able to reach the end of it yet.  Anyone else have trouble with the blue bomb-rolling dudes?  Seems like if I don't take them out almost immediately, I take damage, and sometimes can't get the timing right to jump over their bombs and end up wasting a life.  I'm having fun with this game, though.  It seems like it's WAY easier than the original.  That game is freaking hard, but this seems a bit more forgiving.  I think the control is a bit tighter, and I like that they kind of kept the same basic gameplay, but the setting is more interesting, and the whole international spy team thing is a nice touch.  I also like the passwords in the game; they seem like semi-random sentences, but there's bits of spy biz jargon in there, and it just adds a little extra atmosphere to an otherwise straightforward action game.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #169 on: December 11, 2015, 03:20:36 PM »

I am really happy to hear that you guys are really enjoying this game!  I think that a lot of people have played the original Rolling Thunder and maybe even remember it from the arcade, but I'm not sure that many have picked up on the sequels. I have a pretty "memorable" history with the original, which I will save for the podcast, but have to say that RT2 took and already good game, and made it great!  I agree MetalFRO, the difficulty in this game is much lighter than in the original. I think this is a good thing and to me, it seems still difficult, but more fair. Controls are good and yes, the music is awesome!  I've owned this game for a few years, but never played it; it wasn't until about 3-4 months ago that my friend came over one night and mentioned popping it in that I first played it and I think we played it for most of the night.  If you get a chance to couch co-op the game, please do so. What makes the playthroughs great for me is picking a game that some have either never heard of or played and seeing them enjoy it. Best of luck to all!

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #170 on: December 11, 2015, 04:03:58 PM »

Here is my first play through got 80030 thought  it was good, then I seen the scores posted..

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #171 on: December 11, 2015, 04:36:36 PM »

The first rolling Thunder is good.  I've never played the other two but I hope I do at some point.  Another game similar to this that I enjoy is Codename: Viper for the NES.  We should do that as a playthrough sometime!

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #172 on: December 11, 2015, 05:08:17 PM »

Rolling Thunder: The OG Minions.

MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #173 on: December 11, 2015, 09:56:08 PM »

Finally got past that dastardly stage 4, but only squeezed out a few more points:

MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #174 on: December 12, 2015, 12:32:34 AM »

I'm coming for you, Disposed Hero!

I made it to the Stage 5 boss twice, but couldn't last. Not sure if you're supposed to just wait it out, or if there's a way to attack that I'm not seeing, but I think I'm close to reaching stage 6!

Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #175 on: December 12, 2015, 02:24:18 AM »

I think the Stage 5 boss is a set number of enemies, but they just seem to keep coming forever.  I'm actually not sure how I even got through that part.  Blind luck I guess.

I saw you post about the Stage 2 panthers on Twitter, but wanted to respond here so everyone else would see.  I've found that a good way to bypass the panthers is to lure them off the balcony, then jump back up on the balcony and walk past them.  They will jump off the balcony, but they won't jump back up.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #176 on: December 12, 2015, 09:27:42 AM »

And if you push up at the cutouts at the bottom of the screen, you can hide until its safe to jump up.

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #177 on: December 12, 2015, 10:09:10 AM »

Is there a difference between Albatross and Leila? I've been playing as the guy and it seems most of the people here have been too.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #178 on: December 12, 2015, 10:38:54 AM »

None that I know of Floyd. Much like Contra I assume. I think there may be some differences we need to be aware of with Metal Slug 3 though.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 10:42:42 AM by singlebanana » Logged

Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #179 on: December 12, 2015, 01:15:01 PM »

None that I know of Floyd. Much like Contra I assume. I think there may be some differences we need to be aware of with Metal Slug 3 though.

I'm pretty sure there are no differences between the characters, in both RT2 and MS3.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 20 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length