RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:39:06 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | December 2015 Run N' Gun Competition 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 Print
Author Topic: December 2015 Run N' Gun Competition  (Read 62757 times)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #240 on: December 21, 2015, 12:52:00 PM »

A ton of house guests this weekend has left me frail and feeble, but I shall persevere and put up a score soon.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #241 on: December 21, 2015, 01:58:50 PM »

The Steam version has such different menu screens than what I'm seeing here. It feels like I'm playing a different game.

Anyway, here's my first score.

Not too far off from moose loose in a hoose. Wink

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
FatherJack
On Hiatus
United Kingdom
Awards: 2015 RFGENERATION TOP RUN N' GUNNER

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #242 on: December 22, 2015, 06:40:28 AM »

Good wholesome family blast the hell out of everything.  Cool

* 0002.png (10.59 KB, 320x224 - viewed 487 times.)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #243 on: December 23, 2015, 09:51:12 AM »

My arcade initials are always III. The result of being the 3rd male legacy in my family...

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #244 on: December 23, 2015, 10:25:55 AM »

Had a look at the score chat. I'm not last! I'm not as bad at run and guns as I thought.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #245 on: December 23, 2015, 11:08:48 AM »

That reminds me, I've had another high score pic sitting around that I need to post:

I'm determined to have the highest score for one of these games, and I highly doubt it's going to be either Contra or Rolling Thunder 2, so that means it has to be Missile Sludge 3.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #246 on: December 23, 2015, 10:55:59 PM »

Holy cow, you guys are hardcore! Nice scores, gentlemen!

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #247 on: December 24, 2015, 10:47:37 AM »

Missile Sludge right back at cha!

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #248 on: December 24, 2015, 10:54:56 AM »

In case any of you didn't catch the "Missile Sludge" reference. I posted something similar on Twitter, "My daughter said she was tired of me playing Missile Sludge 3..."

And, why are you not following me on Twitter?.....

Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #249 on: December 24, 2015, 06:53:07 PM »

I snuck in a round today before heading to a family Christmas Eve dinner:

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #250 on: December 24, 2015, 07:04:49 PM »

Man, it took me a while to get through that alien battle. Once I learned how to manipulate the zombie status, it got easier to get to the end with more lives. For those who don't know, while you are a zombie, bullets do not affect you. You are slower and can't crouch, but all you have to worry about are other zombies.

MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #251 on: December 24, 2015, 11:33:39 PM »

I have found that if I don't find a rhythm on the Mission 1 boss, I have a hard time through my whole 5 credits.  You can really score big in the first mission if you can free all the soldiers during the boss and not die - with each one worth 10K, and at least 2 of them offering a 50K bonus item to collect, you can hit that 200K mark by the end of the boss fight.  I have a lot of trouble with the alien boss at the end of Mission 2.  Not the big egg thing, that's easy enough, but the aliens that circle around and shoot big glowing green energy balls at you.  I almost always get hit by one of them when they shoot them fast.  I end up burning at least a credit, if not 2, during that boss fight.  It's very frustrating.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #252 on: December 24, 2015, 11:42:23 PM »

The Energy balls come out in waves of threes. Dodge the first three, then run across the screen before the next three start. As for the Aliens, spam the hell out of your grenades and they go down quick.

Which path are you taking on the 1st stage FRO?

MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #253 on: December 25, 2015, 10:17:50 AM »

The Energy balls come out in waves of threes. Dodge the first three, then run across the screen before the next three start. As for the Aliens, spam the hell out of your grenades and they go down quick.

Which path are you taking on the 1st stage FRO?

I got that part - it's when they start firing quickly that I run into trouble.  Playing a little last night, I'm starting to get the hang of it.  When they start shooting in sets of 5 rapidly, and that's usually 5 or 6 sets, that's when it really gets hairy.  I usually don't have many grenades when I get to the aliens, so maybe I need to start conserving them a bit more...

I take the upper path on Stage 1, down the elevator thing and into the warehouse with the giant crabs, then to the boss after that. 

FatherJack
On Hiatus
United Kingdom
Awards: 2015 RFGENERATION TOP RUN N' GUNNER

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #254 on: December 25, 2015, 02:25:07 PM »

I've realised if you can do Mission 1 without losing a life then you can get over 500000. Can't do Mission 2 at the end without losing a life yet but I managesd to get a score over 700000 and I messed up trying to save a pic of the score. I can't do it it again to prove it it  Smiley

My fault but I realise that if I can do the first two missions without losing a life then I can get a score to compete. Loving the competition, cheers guys. Merry Christmas to you all.  Cool
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length