RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:17:58 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | Remember When... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 Print
Author Topic: Remember When...  (Read 125395 times)
slackur
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #180 on: February 25, 2023, 11:56:21 AM »

Remember when... people visited and posted on this website?

Those were good times. Wink

Keelah se'lai
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #181 on: February 25, 2023, 06:55:50 PM »

Those were good times. Wink

Wink

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Beardcore84
that TMNT guy
Donor

Stats
« Reply #182 on: March 01, 2023, 06:07:00 PM »

When did it slow down this bad? I feel like even a year or two ago this was a really active site.

Running out of games to buy.
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #183 on: March 02, 2023, 09:51:24 PM »

When did it slow down this bad? I feel like even a year or two ago this was a really active site.

I'd say 2-4 years ago.

SMS set complete!
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #184 on: April 30, 2023, 12:40:23 AM »

Remember when Jerry Springer's (RIP) trashy daytime show was at its height?

I kinda sorta remember. I watched an occasional episode, but even for all its trashiness, it didn't really hold my interest all that much.

Still, ya gotta appreciate the moxie of a guy who got busted paying a prostitute-- errr, an uncertified sex worker with a check when he was the mayor of Cincinnati.

And now a member of the sub-35 crowd reading this post and asking themselves, "what the hell is a check?"

So there's something else for us geezers to have yet another a "remember when..." moment.

Which will help keep this thread from slipping off the front page of the Idle Chatter board for at least another six months, which is when the next reply will be posted.

Most likely by me.

Probably due to a 1980s commercial recommended to me by the YouTube algorithm for some product I'd all but forgotten about, but after I watch it I'll get hit with a tsunami of nostalgia so intense, that I'll head right on over this very thread to write a four-paragraph essay about how the commercial really brings me back to my days of misspent youth during the Reagan administation...

...which will then may or may not be read and replied to by Shaggy... and maybe one other guy... and no one else.

Then Shaggy will text me to complain that I don't respond quickly enough to his posts on the 3-Word Story and Word Association threads, and then I retaliate by texting him five dozen pics of my latest TransFormers pickups, along with some bit of highly esoteric TransFormers lore that no one cares about, not even me. Wash, rinse, repeat. It never freaking ends, you know?

Goddamn, I love talking about the good old days.
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #185 on: April 30, 2023, 08:01:36 PM »

Remember when Jerry Springer's (RIP) trashy daytime show was at its height?

I kinda sorta remember. I watched an occasional episode, but even for all its trashiness, it didn't really hold my interest all that much.

Still, ya gotta appreciate the moxie of a guy who got busted paying a prostitute-- errr, an uncertified sex worker with a check when he was the mayor of Cincinnati.

And now a member of the sub-35 crowd reading this post and asking themselves, "what the hell is a check?"

So there's something else for us geezers to have yet another a "remember when..." moment.

Which will help keep this thread from slipping off the front page of the Idle Chatter board for at least another six months, which is when the next reply will be posted.

Most likely by me.

Probably due to a 1980s commercial recommended to me by the YouTube algorithm for some product I'd all but forgotten about, but after I watch it I'll get hit with a tsunami of nostalgia so intense, that I'll head right on over this very thread to write a four-paragraph essay about how the commercial really brings me back to my days of misspent youth during the Reagan administation...

...which will then may or may not be read and replied to by Shaggy... and maybe one other guy... and no one else.

Then Shaggy will text me to complain that I don't respond quickly enough to his posts on the 3-Word Story and Word Association threads, and then I retaliate by texting him five dozen pics of my latest TransFormers pickups, along with some bit of highly esoteric TransFormers lore that no one cares about, not even me. Wash, rinse, repeat. It never freaking ends, you know?

Goddamn, I love talking about the good old days.

Wow!  that is so true, except the Transformers are in different sexual positions...  On another note, I saw a few episodes of Springer, Jerry! Jerry! Jerry!  Who remembers his security guard, Steve Wilkos, who somehow got his own talk show  spun off of this.  What about Montell Williams, Donahue, Sallie Jesse Raphael, Ricki lake, among other talk show hosts I don't recall at the moment?  Does anyone remember them?  What are up to now?  Are they dead?  Are they alive?

SMS set complete!
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #186 on: May 01, 2023, 05:06:24 AM »

[Wow!  that is so true, except the Transformers are in different sexual positions... 

Sheesh... you texted me in confidence about sending you something a little "different" for your spank-bank, but after I do so, you do nothing but gripe, gripe, gripe.

See if I ever cater to your bizarrely specific fetishes ever again, you ingrate.

And buy your own damn motion-lotion and Kleenex(R), cheapskate.
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #187 on: May 04, 2023, 08:54:52 PM »

[Wow!  that is so true, except the Transformers are in different sexual positions... 

Sheesh... you texted me in confidence about sending you something a little "different" for your spank-bank, but after I do so, you do nothing but gripe, gripe, gripe.

See if I ever cater to your bizarrely specific fetishes ever again, you ingrate.

And buy your own damn motion-lotion and Kleenex(R), cheapskate.

But your motion-lotion and Kleenex(R) are better.

SMS set complete!
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #188 on: May 06, 2023, 07:57:00 PM »

Remember times where life was so much easier, no responsibility.  Boy, those sure were the days....

SMS set complete!
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #189 on: May 07, 2023, 01:42:23 AM »

Remember times where life was so much easier, no responsibility.  Boy, those sure were the days....

Welcome to the world of adulting.
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #190 on: May 07, 2023, 01:13:37 PM »

I don't want that.  Take me back to before adulting.

SMS set complete!
Mr_Stubbes
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #191 on: May 07, 2023, 03:48:21 PM »

Can I join you? It’s been a hectic year so far and I could really use a break lol.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #192 on: May 07, 2023, 07:13:35 PM »

Can I join you? It’s been a hectic year so far and I could really use a break lol.

Absolutely,  how far back are we going?

SMS set complete!
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #193 on: May 07, 2023, 07:48:04 PM »

There is no going back, I'm sorry to say.

That's what this thread is all about.
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #194 on: June 12, 2023, 10:41:30 PM »

Remember when the Unabomber terrorized old-school techbros from coast to coast for two decades?

But he had his lighter moments, too:

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length